[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
justinloase wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
Kvazz wrote:
I've been wondering, how does the game perform when you run it like this?
Can I expect decent FPS?
I'm about to buy a new Macbook Air soon, and I'm just curious if I should buy windows for bootcamp, when the only reason to do so would be PoE?
I don't care if I gotta set the graphics down alot, as long as the performance is ok.

Honestly? Get windows. Currently there are a lot of performance issues, and there is no way telling when and if situation will go better.

Yeah, thanks for being straight up. I am finally breaking down and going bootcamp. Sad day for me. Thanks for all your attention and hard work Julus.

Yeah, while I love OS X, one has to be realistic when it comes to gaming. If you can use bootcamp, you might as well do it when a game isn't running as well as you want it to.
El Psy Congroo.
"
justinloase wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
Kvazz wrote:
I've been wondering, how does the game perform when you run it like this?
Can I expect decent FPS?
I'm about to buy a new Macbook Air soon, and I'm just curious if I should buy windows for bootcamp, when the only reason to do so would be PoE?
I don't care if I gotta set the graphics down alot, as long as the performance is ok.

Honestly? Get windows. Currently there are a lot of performance issues, and there is no way telling when and if situation will go better.

Yeah, thanks for being straight up. I am finally breaking down and going bootcamp. Sad day for me. Thanks for all your attention and hard work Julus.

The game has potential to run good on OSX, while in closed beta, the only issue was slow loading and some missing graphics effects (like aura) for some poeple, everything else was ok (even party play) with no lags at all.

Open beta changed this, introduced lag and the performance was hit more and more as new content was added. Hopefully devs will turn things right way, and the game will be playable again on mac without any major flaws. Until then, this wrapper is good only for testing out the game, for serious play bootcamp is recommended.

Well, to top it all off I did the whole Bootcamp thing with a windows 7 OS and it crashed my Mac and I am now forced to do a full re-install of Mountain Lion. This will be the last time I try a PC game on a Mac. I just couldn't resist this game as I am now a huge fan and will eventually get a steam box to play. Bummed that this happened just before release but I will be back for sure when I have the proper hardware to play. I honestly suspect there will be no Mac solution for at least a year if ever.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
"
justinloase wrote:

Well, to top it all off I did the whole Bootcamp thing with a windows 7 OS and it crashed my Mac and I am now forced to do a full re-install of Mountain Lion. This will be the last time I try a PC game on a Mac. I just couldn't resist this game as I am now a huge fan and will eventually get a steam box to play. Bummed that this happened just before release but I will be back for sure when I have the proper hardware to play. I honestly suspect there will be no Mac solution for at least a year if ever.

Macbook pro (non retina) is considered as best laptop for windows 7 (regarding stability and so), even Air and Retina are higly placed. If it crashed, something went really wrong (possibly usage of "pre-cracked" windows installation media, which can mess whole boot sequence because of the bios emulation to fool windows to think they are OEM).

And if it is not the case, have you tried holding "option" key while booting? (should bring up bootmenu, after setting bootcamp, the Mac is set to default boot from windows partition which can be overrided by holding option key (alt), and can be changed permanently via settings in OSX (startup disk))
"
julus wrote:
"
justinloase wrote:

Macbook pro (non retina) is considered as best laptop for windows 7 (regarding stability and so), even Air and Retina are higly placed. If it crashed, something went really wrong (possibly usage of "pre-cracked" windows installation media, which can mess whole boot sequence because of the bios emulation to fool windows to think they are OEM).

And if it is not the case, have you tried holding "option" key while booting? (should bring up bootmenu, after setting bootcamp, the Mac is set to default boot from windows partition which can be overrided by holding option key (alt), and can be changed permanently via settings in OSX (startup disk))

got it back and all is well, thx!
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
This is great contribution for Mac players. +infinity here sir ! That is some pro stuff right here O_O!
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Everytime I launch the game it opens but once I go into y character screen everything goes black and I can't select a character. How do I fix this?
So it works , but i can only have the 1280x720 screen max , i have a 27inch Imac , but when i put highter resolutions , i receive a message and it leave the game.
Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
"
JTMarette wrote:
Everytime I launch the game it opens but once I go into y character screen everything goes black and I can't select a character. How do I fix this?

Have you checked your Mac meets the system requirements? See FAQ on first page for compatibility and which wrapper version is recommended with each OS version/GPU combo.

"
So it works , but i can only have the 1280x720 screen max , i have a 27inch Imac , but when i put highter resolutions , i receive a message and it leave the game.
Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

This can occur if you try to adjust resolution while in game. Have you tried setting resolution manually in production_config.ini file? See FAQ on first page for more information.
Well i can play in fullscreen now , the final problem is lags , as it's written in page 1.
as soon as there is spells/ or much monsters , it lag as hell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info