[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Well, got a new error , loading the game :

Exception
"Audio/Sound
Effects/MonsterSound/IncaMinion/Projectile_loop_1.loop.ogg": Unable
to create a buffer: 40963

I don't know if there was a patch today, as i went to the kitchen and just pressed start before i went out of the room.

I am not that great at english / programming , but seems like the sound-file is damaged?
"
Charontid wrote:
Well, got a new error , loading the game :

Exception
"Audio/Sound
Effects/MonsterSound/IncaMinion/Projectile_loop_1.loop.ogg": Unable
to create a buffer: 40963

I don't know if there was a patch today, as i went to the kitchen and just pressed start before i went out of the room.

I am not that great at english / programming , but seems like the sound-file is damaged?

no, this happens when OpenAL override is not set, try redownload wrapper and move content.ggpk to new one if that helps (more in FAQ on 1st post)
Wow, thanks for the fast reply.

But i have a few more questons.
1) OpenAl override? Where do i have to set it on/off? In wine or in the game options?

2) I have to move the content.ggpk from my old wrapper to the new one? Its the whole gaming file?
"
Charontid wrote:
Wow, thanks for the fast reply.

But i have a few more questons.
1) OpenAl override? Where do i have to set it on/off? In wine or in the game options?

2) I have to move the content.ggpk from my old wrapper to the new one? Its the whole gaming file?

1) dont worry about it, (but it's in the wine options), this error can occur only when openal32 is not present, or override is not active

2) content.ggpk is the biggest file for concern, it may download some other things but that would be only few megabytes.
Hello! I'm running 4.1.1b and had everything seemingly OK once I altered the config file to launch in fullscreen but when my character spawns on the beach at the very beginning of the game, the game freezes. I have to command+tab to get out of it and when I do there's a program error popup telling me that "PathOfExile.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close" and that "this can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine". Any advice would be great, and thanks for all the work you do for us Mac users!

My setup:

Macbook Pro w/Retina, 13-inch
OS X 10.8.5
2.6 GHz i5
8 GB RAM
Intel HD 4000 768 MB
"
fl3213jk wrote:
just to confirm that the latest version 4.1.1 port is working fine on my macbook pro 13 inch retina, it's currently running 10.8.5 with intel hd 4000 GPU.

What I did was moving the "path of exile" folder under "grinding gear games" to the new wrapper, then everything worked just like the older version, except the font problem returned which has already stated by julus, though not big of a deal.

again, thx for the port julus!

Now this is quite funny because I didn't even see that post. Maybe this could be a solution to people who run with the same graphics card and 10.8.5. I don't have a retina but I have the same computer so I'll try that today and post how does my game reacts.

PS : Tried the game under crossover this morning : had to resize it manually via the config on text edit (fullscreen=true) otherwise couldn't launch it. Right now I can only access to the character selection menu, once it goes there the game just crashes.

PS2 : just hope the solution that worked with fl3213jk will still works with 4.1.1b !
I've been wondering, how does the game perform when you run it like this?
Can I expect decent FPS?
I'm about to buy a new Macbook Air soon, and I'm just curious if I should buy windows for bootcamp, when the only reason to do so would be PoE?
I don't care if I gotta set the graphics down alot, as long as the performance is ok.
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
"
Kvazz wrote:
Can I expect decent FPS?
I'm about to buy a new Macbook Air soon, and I'm just curious if I should buy windows for bootcamp, when the only reason to do so would be PoE?
I don't care if I gotta set the graphics down alot, as long as the performance is ok.

Honestly? Get windows. Currently there are a lot of performance issues, and there is no way telling when and if situation will go better.
"
julus wrote:
"
Kvazz wrote:
Can I expect decent FPS?

Honestly? Get windows. Currently there are a lot of performance issues, and there is no way telling when and if situation will go better.

Thanks for the honest reply, nothing bothers me more than suddenly running at 5fps etc
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
"
julus wrote:
"
Kvazz wrote:
Can I expect decent FPS?

Yeah, thanks for being straight up. I am finally breaking down and going bootcamp. Sad day for me. Thanks for all your attention and hard work Julus.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info