[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
justinloase wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
@Julus: Do we just sit and wait now until GGG issues a fix? I'm very new to this game. Does GGG look favorably upon your port and assist with any bugs that occur with the port?

Well, they never assisted me at all, basically I had to figure it out by myself and with help of old wrapper by FKNKickass.

Although I did hear Chris make a slight reference to the port while he was shooting down any official Mac support.

Edit... Yeah kinda came off to me like y'all were bosom buddies solving Mac issues, ha I am always wrong. Mac info at 13:38.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjCOsXJq6c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNhjCOsXJq6c

I didn't see that, but obviously what he told about not breaking was said after they broke it :D

"
Nevermind! Got it to work under Crossover 12.5! Just takes forever to load!

Can you please share the details? I am able to use crossover wine (kinda, their source codes are available, just pain to compile)
"
julus wrote:

"
Nevermind! Got it to work under Crossover 12.5! Just takes forever to load!

Can you please share the details? I am able to use crossover wine (kinda, their source codes are available, just pain to compile)

Simple implementation. I installed Path of Exile via the CrossTie link on Crossover's Path of Exile page: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=9596.

After the app launches and updates, it takes about 60-120 seconds it sits idle on the loading screen (with the grinding gears logo) and then the client starts at 1024x768 resolution. Sadly, when I try to increase the resolution in the game's settings, I get the Direct3D error.

Regardless, I played the game for a few hours last night without any problems!
Last edited by ArthurPlaysExile on Oct 7, 2013, 10:55:40 AM
Can someone, for whom 4.1.1 and 4.0.3 is not working try this wrapper ? its based on crossover wine 12.5.

resizing by drag&drop crashes it, so resize only via menu.
Last edited by julus on Oct 7, 2013, 1:24:30 PM
"
julus wrote:
Can someone, for whom 4.1.1 and 4.0.3 is not working try this wrapper ? its based on crossover wine 12.5.

I'm going to try it out, though in Crossover, the app crashes no matter how I go about resizing it. If I resize it using the green button on the to left it crashes. If I resize it via the in-app settings, it crashes.
"
"
julus wrote:

I'm going to try it out, though in Crossover, the app crashes no matter how I go about resizing it. If I resize it using the green button on the to left it crashes. If I resize it via the in-app settings, it crashes.

hmm, I am at least capable by resizing via settings menu, anyway it still can be workarounded via editing game config file (~/Documents/My Games/Path Of Exile)
"
julus wrote:
"
"
julus wrote:

hmm, I am at least capable by resizing via settings menu, anyway it still can be workarounded via editing game config file (~/Documents/My Games/Path Of Exile)

Oh wait, it works in Crossover. Not sure why it didn't yesterday. Alright, the wrapper will be done in the next 30-mins or so. I'll make a post after I check it.
I am confirming that the new wrapper works :)
I tried both, the new wrapper and the crossover version, and it still not works for me..
I still get the "failed resetting direct3d device objects" error.

By the way I thank you so much for the work you do for the mac users among us!!
I wanna DONATE!
"
LenSch95 wrote:
I tried both, the new wrapper and the crossover version, and it still not works for me..
I still get the "failed resetting direct3d device objects" error.

By the way I thank you so much for the work you do for the mac users among us!!
I wanna DONATE!

Don't maximize the application using the maximize button. Change the resolution inside the game's settings.

Note: It may take the game 90 seconds to start up properly.
does v4.1.1b works on the 10.7.5
Last edited by iceyknlght on Oct 8, 2013, 8:54:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info