[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Goldenfire wrote:
ah, so the thread HAD updated, and reloading didn't show me the new posts...apologies for the extra spam in there then

downloading the new bottle

Aaanyway, when you are playing with wineskin and installation, disable mac driver, downgrade wine to 1.4 then do the staff (radio button don't freeze), and then upgrade back to version (this is how I updated driver). Somehow wine 1.5.16(? it think), has broken installation thingy :)

-----------------------------------------

"
Production config.ini issue

If the production_Config.ini gots changed after each run to bad settings, you can try to set it to read only mode.
OS X: Right click the file>information>sharing and rights>set "username (me)" to read only
OR OS X terminal: chmod 444 ~/Documents/My\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile/production_Config.ini

this should force the game to start with your setting each time
Last edited by julus on Sep 25, 2013, 7:03:30 PM
Hi guys

Anyone have any idea why the mediafire links won't work for me?

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I've tried deleting cookies and caches. Still, when I click on the links for either 4.1.1 or 4.0.3, I have to wait 5 minutes while it tries to connect to mediafire, then i get an error message saying I can't connect.

Are mediafire servers down in Europe or something?

Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Please help!

Thanks
Added rapidshare links as some users have problem with media fire.
"
julus wrote:

Aaanyway, when you are playing with wineskin and installation, disable mac driver, downgrade wine to 1.4 then do the staff (radio button don't freeze), and then upgrade back to version (this is how I updated driver). Somehow wine 1.5.16(? it think), has broken installation thingy :)

I...really don't have anything I can say (in polite company) to that...

regardless, the new bottle works like a charm - many thanks for your efforts!
GGG is aware of the issue and is looking into the problem.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
Latest patch completely broke my MAC port. Before the new patch (the one with the Lightning Trap) everything worked fine, now I get error after error and the game never launches. Please Help!!

Info Requested:

MAC Config:

OS X Version: 10.6.8

RAM Size: 8 GB

Wrapper Version: 4.0.2

I have both logs available but am quite sure you don't want me to copy their contents here. Please let me know if you want them and to what address I should email them.

Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by JardinArnett on Sep 25, 2013, 10:44:50 PM
"
JardinArnett wrote:
Latest patch completely broke my MAC port. Before the new patch (the one with the Lightning Trap) everything worked fine, now I get error after error and the game never launches. Please Help!!

Info Requested:

MAC Config:

OS X Version: 10.6.8

RAM Size: 8 GB

Wrapper Version: 4.0.2

I have both logs available but am quite sure you don't want me to copy their contents here. Please let me know if you want them and to what address I should email them.

Thanks a bunch!

If you listed few pages back, you would notice, that new wrappers has been released because of that.
I just achieved a successful launch after using app delete and a full reinstall. I did not need to edit or modify code in any way. Hope this works for everyone else. Cheers.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
"
ionface wrote:
I'm now working with only winetricks -q vcrun2010 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20, but I have the glitchy font problem again. This was fixed before by using a clean wine prefix, this is as clean as I can get it. What in the the native syswow64\d3dx9_42.dll corrupts fonts?
the attempt with change of resolution and full screen=true didn't work for me at all (linux)
from Italy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info