[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I am still getting the "Failed Resetting Direct3D Device" Objects Error (only one now)

IGN Braxistus
So I ran the new 4.1.1 wrapper and everythiing works great. i let the game goto the login and then I resize my window on my MAC. I get an error "Failed resetting Direct 3D device objects" Any help in setting the windo size before I resize or in getting past this issue entirely.

Mia-

I.E. I cannot click OK or close this window normally I have to force quit wine to exit.
Last edited by MiaZma1 on Sep 25, 2013, 4:08:14 PM
"
MiaZma1 wrote:
So I ran the new 4.1.1 wrapper and everythiing works great. i let the game goto the login and then I resize my window on my MAC. I get an error "Failed resetting Direct 3D device objects" Any help in setting the windo size before I resize or in getting past this issue entirely.

Mia-

I.E. I cannot click OK or close this window normally I have to force quit wine to exit.

I just had this error too, I use linux though. Can't you resize your screen from the production_Config.ini file. For me it has to be the same size as my desktop or it will not work at all
IGN Braxistus
"
RareEntity wrote:
"
MiaZma1 wrote:

Mia-

I just had this error too, I use linux though. Can't you resize your screen from the production_Config.ini file. For me it has to be the same size as my desktop or it will not work at all

I changed the file line from borderless_windowed_fullscreen=fales to borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true and that worked. but I really enjoy resizing my window:-(

Mia-
Last edited by MiaZma1 on Sep 25, 2013, 4:32:36 PM
"
MiaZma1 wrote:
"
RareEntity wrote:
"
MiaZma1 wrote:

Mia-

I changed the file line from borderless_windowed_fullscreen=fales to borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true and that worked. but I really enjoy resizing my window:-(

Mia-

Hopefully yours looks like this

[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=720 *<<<< Resize your window by changing these two lines
resolution_width=1280 <<<</*
screen_shake=true
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=1
vsync=true
IGN Braxistus
Mediafire links are still not working for me. Just won't connect for some reason :(

Anyone else having this problem?
Hopefully yours looks like this

[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=720 *<<<< Resize your window by changing these two lines
resolution_width=1280 <<<</*
screen_shake=true
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=1
vsync=true[/quote]

I made the changes. All is well, no screen resizing :-( but i get to play.
Also, I have some font issues, nothing major but minor font issues.

Mia-

I did not have an issue with Media Fire.
MAC OSX 10.7.5, With google chrokme - Chrome I mean!-)
Last edited by MiaZma1 on Sep 25, 2013, 5:36:54 PM
Hello,

My gaming platform is : (Intel PC, Nvidia GForce GTS 450, Ubuntu 12.04LTS, wine 1.7.1)

I agree - the game is not operational under linux (wine 1.7.1, DirectX 9.c) after the update from today.
There is creepy work-around I found to run the game, but I think it is still not operational in other circumstances.

The work-around is :

When you start the game it issues DirectX error - Resetting the direct 3D device.
I tried several approaches for running the game, but without success. Trying to update the wine, doing winetrics again or trying to install the direct X again is not helping.

The fix which I made in order to start the game anyway was to go in productino_Config.ini file and to manually set the resolution of the screen. I used 1280x1024 resolution, before the game crash. Surprising myself when opening the file - the resolution there was 0x0.

I set :
----------------------------
resolution_height=768
resolution_width=1024
----------------------------

After this fix the game managed to run in windowed mode. The sound was a bit broken but the game was running.

Interesting thing is that in my case, when I try to set the usual resolution of 1280x1024 ended with the direct X error. Trying to set lower resolution (800x600) for example did not have problem.
Each try to restore my normal resolution using the Options menu in the game ended with the Direct X error message.
I played the game in this windowed and low resolution mode 1 - 2 hours. frustrated from this unpleasant gameplay I decided to digg a bit deeper in the resolution of this problem.
Tried to lower the details and shadows in the game. Tried to switch off the VSYNC. Tried almost all options from the Video menu in the game. Everything worked well on the lower resolutions ( switching details, changing shadows etc.). At the moment I tried to restore the resolution to my usual one - everything crashed again with the direct X error.

In this moment I tried something unusual and just to debug completely the case. I tried to switch the mode from windowed to fullscreen on the lower resolution - (used 1152x864). I managed to run the game in fullscreen mode on the lower resolution.

In fullscreen mode I tried to restore my original resolution - voila WORKED! WITHOUT DIRECT X ERROR - WTH?

Immediately I switched to window mode - again WORKED - ANOTHER WTH?

Completely confused I exited the game.
Running again the game (window mode with my old resolution ) - CRASH with error! WTH?
Going to production_Config.ini and setting fullscreen=true - voila again - WORKED!
Going then after to options menu and switching to windowed mode - WORKED (issuing again Direct X error that can not find suitable Direct3D device, but worked).

So the conclusion is :

1. Go lower the resolution from the .ini file.
2. Change the fullscreen option to the opposite of the current value true->false, false->true.
3. Run the game.
4. Running the game set vie Options menu your favorite settings.

This is working for me.

I can supply any debug information you require for the issue - my configuration, my ini files, wine setup - everything needed.

P.S.
I apologize for the typos and incorrect spelling of some words. I am almost falling a sleep now.

Regards,
There appears to be a solution over in the general wine thread...
"
I'm on Ubuntu Linux. I solved the problem. What I did was download the directx redistributable from MS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

In PlayOnLinux I used the "run a .exe file in this virtual drive" option and installed the redistributable (DXSETUP.exe).

Game runs fine.

Unfortunately, when I try to run the dxsetup inside the wineskin config for the bottle, clicking on the 'accept' radio button causes it to just lock the heck up.

I'm going to try re-downloading the bottle, just in case...

For the curious, more technical details, from later in that same thread:
"
The problem is that we need the newer d3dx_42 native dll, but not the directx_feb2010_redist.exe version, the one which comes in the directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.

This is a bug with winetricks.

winetricks -q directx9 will download the proper directx redist, but that leaves you to clean up the extra junk they include with winecfg.
ah, so the thread HAD updated, and reloading didn't show me the new posts...apologies for the extra spam in there then

downloading the new bottle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info