[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
julus wrote:
As far it seems the solution for Linux is install d3dx9_42 via wine tricks (but fonts will be distorted.

As for Mac installing the d3dx9_42 leads to the memory:5:15: error: syntax error, unexpected NEW_IDENTIFIER.
no known solution yet.

Same issue on Linux. Tried d3dx9_42 earlier today and got the different error message you mention but no progress.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
julus wrote:
As far it seems the solution for Linux is install d3dx9_42 via wine tricks (but fonts will be distorted.

As for Mac installing the d3dx9_42 leads to the memory:5:15: error: syntax error, unexpected NEW_IDENTIFIER.
no known solution yet.

Same issue on Linux. Tried d3dx9_42 earlier today and got the different error message you mention but no progress.

That error point to 2 different possibilities:
1) there is parsing error in wine code (not likely)
2) There is indeed syntax error in the game, but windows don't whine about it, and silently ignores it

Anyway, this is something that wine devs should care about (even when the error is on the game side), as they promised bug for bug compatibility, and this makes fine example. It would be best if someone from linux community would file a bug report to wine (wine devs gives smaller priority to mac reports)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
"
julus wrote:

no known solution yet.

I had the same, second, error message on Linux until it occurred to me that the old d3dx9_36 dll might still be being loaded. Once I fired up winecfg, removed _36 and set _42 to "native only" the game started ok. Not seeing any font corruption either.

No idea what this implies (if anything), but hopefully the extra info is useful to someone.
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:

I had the same, second, error message on Linux until it occurred to me that the old d3dx9_36 dll might still be being loaded. Once I fired up winecfg, removed _36 and set _42 to "native only" the game started ok. Not seeing any font corruption either.

No idea what this implies (if anything), but hopefully the extra info is useful to someone.

Tried it on the mac, but didn't work for me. :(
IGN: Hathar
Same problem (Linux mint 15). I was playing the game using Wine/Playonlinux without major issues, now the patch suddenly doesn't allow me
from Italy
I'll mention this to our graphics guys tomorrow!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thank you!!
from Italy
I can still play without any bigger problems (Linux) using (K)ubuntu 13.04 with wine 1.6 from the ppa (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa)
I'm on Ubuntu Linux. I solve the problem. What I did was download the directx redistributable from MS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

In PlayOnLinux I used the "run a .exe file in this virtual drive" option and installed the redistributable (DXSETUP.exe).

Game runs fine.
"
Sovyn wrote:

In PlayOnLinux I used the "run a .exe file in this virtual drive" option and installed the redistributable (DXSETUP.exe).

Game runs fine.

What folder did you install this under?
IGN Braxistus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info