[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Sovyn wrote:
I'm on Ubuntu Linux. I solve the problem. What I did was download the directx redistributable from MS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

In PlayOnLinux I used the "run a .exe file in this virtual drive" option and installed the redistributable (DXSETUP.exe).

Game runs fine.

How can we do the same thing under mac os X with wine ?
Standard : BratalUss
"
Zemel wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
I'm on Ubuntu Linux. I solve the problem. What I did was download the directx redistributable from MS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

In PlayOnLinux I used the "run a .exe file in this virtual drive" option and installed the redistributable (DXSETUP.exe).

Game runs fine.

How can we do the same thing under mac os X with wine ?

Working on it. The solution works for mac too (in price of distorted fonts again...). Uploading now (max 30 minutes)

EDIT: Is there anyone who still uses Radeon + Snow Leopard/Leopard combination?

EDIT2: Uploaded new version, now I am off to sleep. (hopefully it works :)
Last edited by julus on Sep 25, 2013, 1:07:56 PM
"
julus wrote:

EDIT2: Uploaded new version, now I am off to sleep. (hopefully it works :)

I love you man. First post in this forum. Just to tell you that. Like, nonsexual. But love, nevertheless.
"
julus wrote:
"
Zemel wrote:

I do. I run POE on Mac Mini 2011 with Radeon card... And OS X Lion. :(
Last edited by violent_pacifist on Sep 25, 2013, 1:38:12 PM
I can confirm that the game works now with port version 4.1.1 and with OS X 10.8.5 and a Radeon card. Many thanks julus for your efforts. That was quick work.

Also I'm happy to see a dev post in this thread and especially from Chris himself :)
"
"
julus wrote:

I do. I run POE on Mac Mini 2011 with Radeon card... And OS X Lion. :(

uploaded 4.0.3 hope it works.
"
Julius wrote:
"
"
RockosS wrote:
Ok. I finally decided to install the whole pack of d3dx9 in wine. Plus I ran the redistributable dxsetup in the path of exile folder. Added vcr2010 and openal32. The game run fine with a little bit of font corruption. But not that terrible.

Running the docks 0 lag in linux ultimate edition 3.4.

Which version of wine? Also did you made any changes in wine cfg?

I'm sorry. I should have made myself clearer.

I'm using Linux Ultimate Edition 3.4 lts.
Playonlinux up to date 4.2
Wine prefix 1.5.28-pathofexile

I installed d3dx9_36.dll* from play on linux. Then in play on linux I ran .exe in the virtual server. I browsed to path of exile and then in the folder redistrib. I ran the dx redistributable from that folder. I then installed from playonlinux d3d9. (The complete d3d9 suite.) Added openal32 and installed vcr2010.

I have an nvidia geforce 650 ti boost. I disabled gsdl support. And everything work fine.

**Sorry I had made a mistake. And someone eill have to point me out how to quote. Seem's I'm retarded. <----
Last edited by RockosS on Sep 25, 2013, 3:09:09 PM
Thanks everyone, and especially Julus, for their efforts and time. You rock guys.
Hi guys

I'm trying to download the new wrapper (4.1.1) but it won't download at all. Just keeps waiting for www.mediafire.com and eventually gives an error message. I'm using Mountain Lion and downloading on Chrome.

Is anyone else getting this?

Sounds like the game is working for others so thanks to Julus for his hard work. Hopefully mine works soon.

Cheers
I'm uploaded 4.0.3 ver and it s work good.
Thx for fast fix, Julus :3
Distorted fonts are pretty readable ;)
Last edited by AliveSun on Sep 25, 2013, 3:40:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info