[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
justinloase wrote:
I just achieved a successful launch after using app delete and a full reinstall. I did not need to edit or modify code in any way. Hope this works for everyone else. Cheers.

What version of Mac OSX are you using? I am using OSX 10.6.8 and the process that you did did not work for me. Any advice as to what to do next?
v4.0.3 works great on OSX 10.7.5 with Radeon card.
No problem with download from Mediafire.
Thanks for solving this latest issue.
I'm still having issues, updated to v4.0.3 and get an error when i try to launch.

My specs are:

OS X Lion 10.7.5
Late 2011
16GB 1333MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD6750M

Let me know what logs you need me to post.

Cheers
Solution (for now):

First off, as we are going to be executing "winetricks -q directx9" it would be a REALLY good idea to put all this in a new and SEPARATE WINE PREFIX.

"
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine.PathOfExile winetricks -q vcrun2010 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_42 riched20
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine.PathOfExile winetricks -q directx9
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine.PathOfExile WINEDEBUG=-all <Location of PathOfExile.exe>

Julus, you are THE MAN !!

I'm using 4.0.3 under 10.6.8 with a Radeon card, it works perfectly. Thank you so much !

I just have a little problem with text caracters :

But it's really not a big deal ;p
Standard : BratalUss
Last edited by Zemel on Sep 26, 2013, 11:25:46 AM
"
KingJonty wrote:
I'm still having issues, updated to v4.0.3 and get an error when i try to launch.

My specs are:

OS X Lion 10.7.5
Late 2011
16GB 1333MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD6750M

Cheers

what kind of error?
"
julus wrote:
"
KingJonty wrote:

My specs are:

OS X Lion 10.7.5
Late 2011
16GB 1333MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD6750M

Cheers

what kind of error?

It pops up with a program error below - cannot see any further details of this.

This is the LastRunWine log:

Spoiler
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:243
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:257
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:262
Assertion failed: (!err), function New_PlugIn, file /Applications/buildAgent/work/ad50169ac9634fdc/source/RzAudioSettings/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/APO_PlugIn.mm, line 1816.
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x000b:0x9c7c19c6 (thread 0039), starting debugger...
fixme:macdrv:process_attach running experimental Mac driver; enjoy the ride!

"
icentdy wrote:
"
justinloase wrote:
I just achieved a successful launch after using app delete and a full reinstall. I did not need to edit or modify code in any way. Hope this works for everyone else. Cheers.

What version of Mac OSX are you using? I am using OSX 10.6.8 and the process that you did did not work for me. Any advice as to what to do next?

I am 10.8 and I am wondering if it is key to use a program like app delete to fully erase before reinstall. So I might try that if you haven't already.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
It now works fine, beside the slight problem with texts, just wanted to post it. I did the directx thing with playonlinux.
from Italy
"
Ows wrote:
the attempt with change of resolution and full screen=true didn't work for me at all (linux)

Have a fix:
"
WINEDEBUG=-all wine explorer /desktop=PoE_Desktop,1920x1080 PathOfExile.exe

Substitute the resolution you want (say 1024x768) and tell the in-game settings to be fullscreen. Puts it in a window managed by the WM. Drag it around to your heart's content.
Alternatively, set it to be your desktop resolution and disable decor on it (works great).
Yes, you NEED the /

If anyone was having the issue where the graphics would freeze after an alt-tab or VD change, this fixes that, too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info