Vaults of Atziri feedback

"
Charan wrote:

I wonder if they even read the first page...
S L O W E R
"
anubite wrote:
It also doesn't make any sense. If IIR/IIQ doesn't effect chests, then why have it on vaults of atziri?

Only the IIQ/IIR from your gear don't apply. Mods on the map itself and the bonus for having multiple players in the instance still affect chest drops.

I can't really speak for the balance of the Vaults of Atziri map. That was mostly Chris and Carl, I believe. That's why I didn't attempt to answer your complaints about being disappointed by the drops. I just wanted to point out that your IIQ/IIR gear wasn't doing anything here.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
IIQ/IIR from your gear does not affect chests, so there's not point in "gearing up" for the Vaults of Atziri. You may as well wear nothing at all so you can carry more stuff out.

Hey, oops, sorry!

Mr. Hyde zak got out of control, he was replying to threads without reading them all the way through :(. I certainly know who Rhys is.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 28, 2012, 6:34:17 PM
How about this for a simple boost without actually buffing the map.

make vaults such that it instantly counts you as being in a 6 man party regardless of whether your are or are not in one. A simple mechanic like this would simply mean you don't have to bring 5 more people to get the full potential of the map.
IGN --- Grizdale
"
Grizdale wrote:

make vaults such that it instantly counts you as being in a 6 man party regardless of whether your are or are not in one. A simple mechanic like this would simply mean you don't have to bring 5 more people to get the full potential of the map.

This I would agree with. Being forced to find 5 other friends to come in with you and haul out the very best gear in order to maximize your gains from the Map... not the best design.

To that end, the drops in the Vault should be fixed upon creation, independent of who comes in.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I don't know. I like the dyanmic of greed effecting the way the map is used. However, I suppose adding an effective +300% quantity to the map would obviously buff it.

Yet... the mechanic you're suggesting would not be easy to communicate. What would it say? "This map acts as if you are in a full party while inside." It's not exactly "elegant". I would advise they find another solution.

And they really should at least consider changing the map. Maybe not now, but before open beta - because I really like the idea behind this map... just - in open beta, it's NOT going to have much value. I really think it should be valued by the community. Unique Maps should be very powerful since they aren't a permanent thing. They should have the potential to do something special.

I don't feel "entitled" to any riches for my run of the Vault, but the Vault should be worth something. I should be able to find someone willing to splurge a dozen GCPs on it, especially if it's of high ilevel.

At the very least - there should be a convincing reason to spend 20 chisels on the thing. The map itself should be worth at least 20 chisels! Knowing its full value after using it myself, I wouldn't rate it any higher than 4 to 6 chisels currently. Which is a decent amount of worth for a unique equip-able I guess, but it feels inappropriate for a unique map.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think my expectations are at least a little in line with most people who have had the fortune to run the map themselves.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 28, 2012, 9:27:01 PM
It wouldn't need to be stated on the map itself just announce it to the community. I would like to assume any one who got the the point they had the map would find out about it before hand.

also wouldn't it be a 250% quant boost not 300%
IGN --- Grizdale
Last edited by Grizdale on Aug 29, 2012, 4:43:24 AM
I agree it would have to be stated on the map. Perhaps something along the lines of "Max Quantity capped at 100%" which implies adding players does nothing.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
"
Grizdale wrote:

This I would agree with. Being forced to find 5 other friends to come in with you and haul out the very best gear in order to maximize your gains from the Map... not the best design.

To that end, the drops in the Vault should be fixed upon creation, independent of who comes in.

This is exactly the thing that strengthens a community. Having to interact with each other. Maybe you should join a few parties and make some friends, you would not have this problem.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
"
Grizdale wrote:

This is exactly the thing that strengthens a community. Having to interact with each other. Maybe you should join a few parties and make some friends, you would not have this problem.

The vaults are a special case since there is no combat involved.

When 6 players enter a combat zone, the dynamics of the combat zone change to accommodate extra players, and for that, the loot changes accordingly.

This is not how the vaults work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info