0.9.11m Patch Notes

"
markvd wrote:
now you're delaying 9.12 and when that comes out (God knows when) you're gonna delay 9.13 with another set of little patches.
You're making an unwarranted assumption that these small patches are delaying the big ones. That's not how it works - we're not choosing to work on small patches instead of big patches. We're working constantly towards getting the game ready. Some of that stuff needs to wait for big patches because of how much it changes, but lots of the work we're doing can be applied to the current beta version without much trouble, thus letting us get feedback sooner. So we do that as we go.

Not doing the small patches would not mean 0.9.12 or 13 would come any faster, it would just mean you weren't getting the changes we've done which we can give you without deploying a major patch, and thus we wouldn't get feedback on them.
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong Mark (or Chris) but GGG like any developer has various people working on different things. The art guys design the game assets, the coding guys write the game etc so when some of these patches only fix a few things or add a few things that doesn't mean the rest of the GGG staff are taking a nap, they're probably working on a current project within the game that they are there to do.

Very few games do super-huge-epic-sized patches unless you're a big triple-A mmorpg like WoW or SWTOR where your patches are GB's in size and have pages and pages of patch notes each. Even when Diablo 2 was in it's prime and getting updated regularly it wasn't uncommon for Blizzard to release 1.08a, 1.08b, etc if problems came up that needed fixing or new features were finished.
"
markvd wrote:
Not trying to rain on anybodies parade but...

How many of these little patches are we gonna see? And how many are there gonna be in 0.9.12? Don't get me wrong i want to play this game in it's best state when it goes into open beta but it's taking too long.

Patch 9.11 was delayed by a month and now you're delaying 9.12 and when that comes out (God knows when) you're gonna delay 9.13 with another set of little patches.

These are all asumptions,i know that, and i did read the latest dev post about the delay but im getting realy impatient and i can guarantee that i''m not the only one.

Keep in mind that i'm not trying to tell the devs what to do or how to design the game but remember, this game should have gona into open beta about a few days ago and i realy hate to see PoE turning into a cash-cow like other modern hack n slash games. *cough* diablo 3 *cough*

I'm honestly amazed Mark wasted his energy replying to this puerile drivel.

I can totally appreciate that people are eager to see PoE reach open beta but acting like the devs aren't doing a good enough job to serve you personally just makes you look like a complete tool.

"I have never yet met anyone who did not think it was an agreeable sensation to cut tinfoil with scissors." -- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
"
Maverickroll wrote:
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong Mark (or Chris) but GGG like any developer has various people working on different things. The art guys design the game assets, the coding guys write the game etc so when some of these patches only fix a few things or add a few things that doesn't mean the rest of the GGG staff are taking a nap, they're probably working on a current project within the game that they are there to do.
This is also true. a lot of work is happening on act 3 stuff on the art side of things atm, while stuff for 0.9.12 is coded.
can we please stop waisting our time talking about Act three?! All the time we waste on A3 is delaying Act Four! Oh god.. I just wasted precious time that could have been spent talking about Act 5...... OH GOD!
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Well, thats an interesting thing. I hit F1 by mistake instead of esc, and see that, with basic shadows, no post-proccessing, and high graphics, I had ~14 fps.

Certainly didn't seem like 14, the game has been playing perfectly fine for me.
I suspect, as long as you dont have heavy leaks in your fps line (cutting the frame rate down to very low values around 0) you will not notice it that much. But, even short spikes of such low rates (like I notice often in some reproduceable situations; entering areas like merveil's lair or church dungeon as examples, which always seem to need some time to load things (effects?) still after I am able to move there... also (mostly) happens when re-entering the same instance)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Hiyas!

I do not know what sort of information you might want from me, but I (and the other person I mention) run on a Win7 64 bit system. Neither of us have had crashing issues except for when everyone else does. We do both have the problem where if you stick around in game for a few hours, the game graphically starts to seriously wig out.

Because of this, I decided to try to set the graphics to medium just to see if there was an improvement. What happened was my screen immediately locked up and then I crashed. When I came back I had to retry setting to medium and nothing funky happened at all. The weird bit here is that when I suggested to the guy that I always play with to try the same and just see how it goes...he had the exact same response as me. He locked up then crashed and once he logged back in was able to change the setting just like me.

Neither of us have had the funkadelic graphics issue come up since we switched, but I am not positive we have necessarily played long enough in one session to be sure.

Keep up the good work, and thank you =)

Last edited by Laellu on Aug 30, 2012, 11:36:33 AM
"
Kaiji wrote:
"
markvd wrote:

How many of these little patches are we gonna see? And how many are there gonna be in 0.9.12? Don't get me wrong i want to play this game in it's best state when it goes into open beta but it's taking too long.

Patch 9.11 was delayed by a month and now you're delaying 9.12 and when that comes out (God knows when) you're gonna delay 9.13 with another set of little patches.

These are all asumptions,i know that, and i did read the latest dev post about the delay but im getting realy impatient and i can guarantee that i''m not the only one.

Keep in mind that i'm not trying to tell the devs what to do or how to design the game but remember, this game should have gona into open beta about a few days ago and i realy hate to see PoE turning into a cash-cow like other modern hack n slash games. *cough* diablo 3 *cough*

I can totally appreciate that people are eager to see PoE reach open beta but acting like the devs aren't doing a good enough job to serve you personally just makes you look like a complete tool.

first of all, i asume that Mark responded to my post since he cares about what people say on the forum (be it important or trivial stuff)

second, go read up what "tool" means. By the way you responded i could say you're the tool for defending the devs so fanaticaly.

keep in mind that i don't have anything against any of the devs or anybody on this forum but it seems that my questions and assumptions were missinterpreted
Spoiler
"
markvd wrote:
"
Kaiji wrote:
"
markvd wrote:

These are all assumption,i know that, and i did read the latest dev post about the delay but im getting really impatient and i can guarantee that i''m not the only one.

Keep in mind that i'm not trying to tell the devs what to do or how to design the game but remember, this game should have gonna into open beta about a few days ago and i really hate to see PoE turning into a cash-cow like other modern hack n slash games. *cough* diablo 3 *cough*

first of all, i assume that Mark responded to my post since he cares about what people say on the forum (be it important or trivial stuff)

second, go read up what "tool" means. By the way you responded i could say you're the tool for defending the devs so fanatically.

keep in mind that i don't have anything against any of the devs or anybody on this forum but it seems that my questions and assumptions were misinterpreted

The big difference between PoE and other games in regards to a 'Cash Cow' is that other than receiving a beta key with your cash purchase, your only options atm are extra stash tabs and character slots.

Reliance on 3 items to drive any form of cash sale, when only one of the three offers an arguable advantage, is a far cry from any form of 'Cash Cow'.

Any purchase made through PoE atm is strictly voluntary and has almost no impact on game play.

Due to this, other than for those who wish to support GGG, there is no reason to pend more than $10.00 per person.

If the idea i to turn PoE into a Cash Cow before it ever exits beta status, it would be a very flawed business design. I for one believe the GGG staff to be much brighter than this.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Aug 30, 2012, 12:58:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info