0.9.11m Patch Notes

"
skateblind wrote:

I am talking about when you are leaving an area, not entering one. If you use a portal, waypoint or exit then you do not get invulnerability at all as far as I can tell. The game will load the new area while the area you are already in stays active. A enemy can have time to walk to your location and kill you while you are trying to leave.
I do not see the real problem in this. It might as well be a feature assuring that you do not leave an area where enemies are alive and I see that as forcing you to play less sloppy! Make sure that you have cleared the exit of an area before you enter the next and you are golden. Afaik, it is only a small issue in races, where there can be a real advantage to zoning before clearing.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
radiatoren wrote:
"
skateblind wrote:

I am talking about when you are leaving an area, not entering one. If you use a portal, waypoint or exit then you do not get invulnerability at all as far as I can tell. The game will load the new area while the area you are already in stays active. A enemy can have time to walk to your location and kill you while you are trying to leave.
I do not see the real problem in this. It might as well be a feature assuring that you do not leave an area where enemies are alive and I see that as forcing you to play less sloppy! Make sure that you have cleared the exit of an area before you enter the next and you are golden. Afaik, it is only a small issue in races, where there can be a real advantage to zoning before clearing.
Except that the devs have said that it isn't supposed to happen, yet it is still happening. Thus, not a feature, a bug.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
radiatoren wrote:
"
skateblind wrote:

Being killed while looking at a loading screen cannot be an intended feature. Clearing the exit does not help either, because enemies can still roam and eventually find you.
It is especially not fair when it is based on your loading time. Someone who has long loading times has to always clear a big area before leaving it just to be safe, which would be detrimental in a race. It is a huge issue in every mode. I got killed at the end of a 3 hour race because of it. I have lost a HC character to it. I have also lost a level or more in SC exp, which I guess probably equates to about 3-5 hours of play time.

I wouldn't mind if they don't want people using exits as an escape route, but then at least give us a timer after we have clicked one. I could then fend off any mobs that might attack me while I try leave the area and it would affect all players in a race, not just the ones with longer loading times.
"
Chris wrote:

• Shadow characters now receive the choice of the Phase Run skill gem as a level 4 quest reward.
Great, so now there are just 2 classes that are forced to move slow as tar indefinitely...

Right the injustice! ;)
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Game ran fine before for me but turned down the textures to medium.

Reason why is my pc has terrible air flow so everything runs really hot. This helped lower my gpu temp by about 7 degrees.

I'm running on a small display, 15" to be exact, so I honestly can't even tell the difference.

I have all the AA and shadows maxed but everything seems to be running really smooth at a constant 60 fps!!!

And the mouse movements feel so much better.

This patch was wonderful!
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Aug 28, 2012, 3:24:23 PM
I have Win 32 bit. I played all day, no crashes for all time. Thank you very much for the patch, everything works fine on medium settings.
Last edited by kerrub on Aug 28, 2012, 4:37:50 PM
Great patch. My settings after patching had textures set at medium and no longer do I need --nosound to play without crashes or graphical glitches. GPU/proccesor heat has also decreased around 10+ C. Responsiveness is also better. Thank you, I really like these improvements.
I agree, great patch. Only played with it a bit thus far (had a busy weekend) but I do like the movement changes and the texture option. I can run PoE on high settings (minus shadows and post processing) and get a good solid frame rate (50-60), and when set to medium textures I saw a ten to fifteen frame rate jump to about 65-80 depending upon situation.
Not trying to rain on anybodies parade but...

How many of these little patches are we gonna see? And how many are there gonna be in 0.9.12? Don't get me wrong i want to play this game in it's best state when it goes into open beta but it's taking too long.

Patch 9.11 was delayed by a month and now you're delaying 9.12 and when that comes out (God knows when) you're gonna delay 9.13 with another set of little patches.

These are all asumptions,i know that, and i did read the latest dev post about the delay but im getting realy impatient and i can guarantee that i''m not the only one.

Keep in mind that i'm not trying to tell the devs what to do or how to design the game but remember, this game should have gona into open beta about a few days ago and i realy hate to see PoE turning into a cash-cow like other modern hack n slash games. *cough* diablo 3 *cough*
"
markvd wrote:
Not trying to rain on anybodies parade but...

you really do.
this is not really a game to be comparable to the big market players when it comes to financing and man power.

for the budget given this game makes extraordinarily well in the time being. devs said that patches go into the new and current version (if they fit in) to let current beta players feel some progress.

for me it's perfect and if you would do programming yourself you wouldn't complain about others not getting things done in the time planned ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info