0.9.11m Patch Notes

Version 0.9.11m
  • Added a Texture Quality setting in the graphical options. This defaults to Medium on 32 bit systems. If you get "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" errors while playing, please set it to Medium to conserve memory.
  • We've improved the responsiveness of moving while holding down the mouse button. It should now be as responsive as moving by clicking.
  • Shadow characters now receive the choice of the Phase Run skill gem as a level 4 quest reward.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
GrimJahk wrote:
Any idea if the graphics setting may also fix the graphics glitch?

Unlikely - we're still working on that one. Do let us know if it helps though.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Spr09 wrote:
But... I like running my game on max settings...

If you're running on 32 bit windows, then there is not enough RAM available (the limit per process is 2gb in 32 bit windows) to load all the high quality textures. We'd strongly recommend installing a 64 bit version of windows if you'd like to run on maximum settings.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
How large a download is the new texture pack?

It's not a new texture pack, just the ability to load a lower mip-level of the existing textures. So there's no download other than a new Client.exe.
"
Forgive my dumbness, but the texture quality thing, if we run it @ highest setting, is the texture quality better than before the patch, or the same?

It's the same.

"
tuzni wrote:
im just curious whats happening because in august 16 progress u said " The latest of these patches, 0.9.11k, should be deployed within the next day."

We didn't mean that that would be the last one, just that it was the newest. Since then we've pushed whatever changes we can into 0.9.11 (those that are compatible with the old version, of course).
"
Roman0 wrote:
I'm using a 32 bit system (4GB RAM), am using maximum texture settings, and never ran into "out of memory" problems. Could it be because I ran the "bcedit /set increaseuserva 3072" command some time back?

Also, thank you for this patch, I'm sure the game will feel more responsive now.

Yes, but we couldn't recommend this as a solution to everyone, of course :) The game must work "out of the box", ideally.
"
Grom wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.11m
  • Added a Texture Quality setting in the graphical options. This defaults to Medium on 32 bit systems. If you get "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" errors while playing, please set it to Medium to conserve memory.

This means that errors "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" corrected ?

Yes - please let us know if it has helped.
"
markvd wrote:
now you're delaying 9.12 and when that comes out (God knows when) you're gonna delay 9.13 with another set of little patches.
You're making an unwarranted assumption that these small patches are delaying the big ones. That's not how it works - we're not choosing to work on small patches instead of big patches. We're working constantly towards getting the game ready. Some of that stuff needs to wait for big patches because of how much it changes, but lots of the work we're doing can be applied to the current beta version without much trouble, thus letting us get feedback sooner. So we do that as we go.

Not doing the small patches would not mean 0.9.12 or 13 would come any faster, it would just mean you weren't getting the changes we've done which we can give you without deploying a major patch, and thus we wouldn't get feedback on them.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong Mark (or Chris) but GGG like any developer has various people working on different things. The art guys design the game assets, the coding guys write the game etc so when some of these patches only fix a few things or add a few things that doesn't mean the rest of the GGG staff are taking a nap, they're probably working on a current project within the game that they are there to do.
This is also true. a lot of work is happening on act 3 stuff on the art side of things atm, while stuff for 0.9.12 is coded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info