[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

At level 68 what should be the base ES before switching to CI ? Like, just from the actual tree and not already transitioned. (followed the first leveling passive tree, the one with the leveling guide, not the EK one)
I'm trying this out because I want to make a nice MF char and this looks pretty neat.

Also if I follow that build, how many regrets would I need except from the free ones I get from quests? I will follow it 100%.
Last edited by returnofsnow on Apr 12, 2014, 5:51:05 AM
"
returnofsnow wrote:
At level 68 what should be the base ES before switching to CI ? Like, just from the actual tree and not already transitioned. (followed the first leveling passive tree, the one with the leveling guide, not the EK one)
I'm trying this out because I want to make a nice MF char and this looks pretty neat.

Also if I follow that build, how many regrets would I need except from the free ones I get from quests? I will follow it 100%.

4k ES should be enough to keep you alive if you play smart.

Not many regrets.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
returnofsnow wrote:

4k ES should be enough to keep you alive if you play smart.

Not many regrets.

I see. Also, after going CI, which minion nodes should I take first?
Just want to say thanks to Rathik for the guide and many others who contributed to the thread, this is a really fun build to play with! (CI build)

Am rocking 66 maps right now with just these cheap gears, think it cost me less than 6c in total (wand/rings/amulet/belt self-found)

Spoiler

ES at 3.1k currently with aura, no problem with bosses, except for the summoner exile who will just own me in seconds, took quite some time to bring her down. My gems are not lvl 20 yet though.

Any suggestion for improvement in gear would be much appreciated, currently I understand I will have to
- upgrade the body to a higher ES and 6L someday
- +2 minion gems on helm (still looking for one)
- a better IIR ring since I am overkilling on res now
- Divination flask? (but it's really expensive)
"
Taopok wrote:
Just want to say thanks to Rathik for the guide and many others who contributed to the thread, this is a really fun build to play with! (CI build)

Am rocking 66 maps right now with just these cheap gears, think it cost me less than 6c in total (wand/rings/amulet/belt self-found)

Spoiler

ES at 3.1k currently with aura, no problem with bosses, except for the summoner exile who will just own me in seconds, took quite some time to bring her down. My gems are not lvl 20 yet though.

Any suggestion for improvement in gear would be much appreciated, currently I understand I will have to

Well, you pretty much know exactly what you need so no point of me commenting :).
You just need to keep farming and trading. Gear will come eventually.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Taopok wrote:

Spoiler

Can you post your passive tree please?

Also, how would Hearthbreaker work for this build instead of a wand?
Last edited by returnofsnow on Apr 13, 2014, 2:16:00 AM
"
returnofsnow wrote:

Can you post your passive tree please?

Also, how would Hearthbreaker work for this build instead of a wand?

I am following Rathik's skill tree closely, will be maxing out minions passive before going on to more ES next, at 4k ES now after some minor gear changes (mainly the 370ES shield)

I am still quite new to the game so I am not sure, but I would prefer the mana regen+Res over the ES cooldown. Culling strike sounds like a good deal to have on all my minions, but they are already killing too fast as of now. Maybe I would like to use it in a party?

Edit: I followed Rathik's guide for powerlvling and transited from Life at 65, which is the lvl required for my body armor. Spent around 5 regrets after the free 18 respec (I did not follow all the way with life, maybe started the transit at around ~lvl55), but it's really worth it =)
Last edited by Taopok on Apr 13, 2014, 2:53:38 AM
I just transitioned to CI, got 3.5k ES. And believe me, the ES cooldown nodes are very very helpful. If you have mana problems just use them mana flasks :P

Still waiting for an answer about Heartseeker :D
"
returnofsnow wrote:
I just transitioned to CI, got 3.5k ES. And believe me, the ES cooldown nodes are very very helpful. If you have mana problems just use them mana flasks :P

What is heartseeker? I can survive well enough with my lvl 88 summoner and 5000 something es. So that should be enough for late game in mf gear provided your resists are high enough.

Gems are my biggest gripe. Too many gems i want to use and too few gem sockets.
Just can't find any room for skeletons as it is now.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 13, 2014, 3:56:54 PM
"
returnofsnow wrote:

Culling strike is used if you are the MF character for the group. It will only effect Arc, if you using that, zombies will not benefit from it.

Heartseeker is not bad but there are rares that are better, depending of course how good the rest of your gear is in regard of resistance, mana, etc.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info