[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

>Does this mean this build is not good for late game or are you saying if your minions are dead you have no damage?
Second, of course. But it is what summoners are.

>But this is still a fun, strong build and is good build right.
+

>This doesn't do anything with a bubble? I heard a streamer talking about if you relied on the bubble then your build is screwed.
He is right. You don't (and didn't) have to rely on the bubble, but with the bubble it was cakewalk (except for poison clouds if you are not CI, lol)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
>Does this mean this build is not good for late game or are you saying if your minions are dead you have no damage?

+

thanks for the reply silumit. I have a few more questions and I think i'll just about make a new class!

1. I start my class off with a life build then switch to energy shield.
- what level should i transfer/start playing with summoners? I only see myself getting to lvl 40-80.

2. I am confused on the gems I need to grab at every quest or where I need to make another class to get specific gems. All I know right now is I will need raise zombies, life leech, Ethereal knives, arc? I am NEW so i have to google all of this stuff to understand it.

3. I have currency so do I need to buy armor to start out?

The big issue is the gems i need to accept on every quest. I have this link that tells me my rewards so what are the gems that i need to get?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards#Normal
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
...to keep this from derailing the thread, i want to specifically look at what the nerfs you mentioned did to this build...

You are very correct in all of your post about how the changes have no really made any sort of dent in this build. That is awesome, because I love this build. I love mattc's Spectral Gods build as well and (as he mentioned himself, even if only joking) a lot of the recent nerfs seem to be tailored around his build and the ideas that have become popular because of it. For a while, I was running a mix of the two builds as a MF Spectral Gods Matriarch per-se, but I never really went too overboard with the BMs. I do not snapshot, I cannot stand it honestly (and would be quite pleased if it were fixed, even if that would be considered the biggest nerf possibly for many summoners), so my BMs were still powerful, but they didn't get that extra kick (which was actually quite considerable with some of the gear you could use and how their aura worked off of minion life at the time) that snapshotting provided. As a result, I would melt stuff, but not so fast that I could just keep running and not so fast that I could just ignore whatever dangers I may step in front of. I supported the BM nerf at first, even making posts about how it probably wouldn't be too bad, until I felt first-hand just how nerfed to the ground the thing was. I was not alone in this, either, which is why I think Evangelists took a much less hard hit.
You do get my main point, though, and share it: A certain anxiety towards patches now and what they may do to summoners :p
"
I love mattc's Spectral Gods build as well and (as he mentioned himself, even if only joking) a lot of the recent nerfs seem to be tailored around his build and the ideas that have become popular because of it.

Awww thanks =P.

It just proves there are still many mechanics that GGG has not found out about their own game. Which is perfectly understandable POE is a huge game with many moving parts. Every mechanic I have taken advantage of and noted in my guide has been nerfed so far. I guess summoner numero uno?

Snapshotting items/gems (I learned about this a 1yr ago when Kripp first mentioned it) - not nerfed yet
Burning miscreation scales with life(So i tailored a build around minion life and maximized the tree around them) - nerfed
CoD with self-death + zombies - nerfed
CoD with trap to avoid death - nerfed
Evangelist + smoke mine combo - nerfed

Its still fun and games to me. Thou I think am starting to run out of ideas. Which is good, GGG is patching all of the broken mechanics.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
"
silumit wrote:

+

thanks for the reply silumit. I have a few more questions and I think i'll just about make a new class!

1. I start my class off with a life build then switch to energy shield.
- what level should i transfer/start playing with summoners? I only see myself getting to lvl 40-80.

2. I am confused on the gems I need to grab at every quest or where I need to make another class to get specific gems. All I know right now is I will need raise zombies, life leech, Ethereal knives, arc? I am NEW so i have to google all of this stuff to understand it.

3. I have currency so do I need to buy armor to start out?

The big issue is the gems i need to accept on every quest. I have this link that tells me my rewards so what are the gems that i need to get?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards#Normal

1. To spec into CI (ES based) first of all you need the gear to do it. If you don't have the gear you should stay life based and farm a bit. Best ES chest in game is Vaal regalia at level 68.

2. Don't worry to much about the gems, some will drop, others you will trade, some even you will get for free. The game is based around trading so while leveling you should also keep trade chat open and trade at the same time.

3. You don't need any currency to start with this build but if you can grab some starting gear it will save a lot of time.

4. The gems you need/will need are covered in the guide in the gear section.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Apr 10, 2014, 6:59:16 PM
"
Spoiler
You are very correct in all of your post about how the changes have no really made any sort of dent in this build. That is awesome, because I love this build. I love mattc's Spectral Gods build as well and (as he mentioned himself, even if only joking) a lot of the recent nerfs seem to be tailored around his build and the ideas that have become popular because of it. For a while, I was running a mix of the two builds as a MF Spectral Gods Matriarch per-se, but I never really went too overboard with the BMs. I do not snapshot, I cannot stand it honestly (and would be quite pleased if it were fixed, even if that would be considered the biggest nerf possibly for many summoners), so my BMs were still powerful, but they didn't get that extra kick (which was actually quite considerable with some of the gear you could use and how their aura worked off of minion life at the time) that snapshotting provided. As a result, I would melt stuff, but not so fast that I could just keep running and not so fast that I could just ignore whatever dangers I may step in front of. I supported the BM nerf at first, even making posts about how it probably wouldn't be too bad, until I felt first-hand just how nerfed to the ground the thing was. I was not alone in this, either, which is why I think Evangelists took a much less hard hit.
You do get my main point, though, and share it: A certain anxiety towards patches now and what they may do to summoners :p

of course i'm loosely following mattc's build as well, especially since rathik seems to think his build is done and doesn't want to implement offerings, think about the brotem or introduce cloak of defiance to the life variant. but who can blame him? the build works, there's no need to change a running system.
on the other hand it is nice to see mattc push the limits of summoners further and further. amazingly he didn't ragequit after all those nerfs hitting his build.

i think GGG has a some play style in mind for summoners and even though they're not telling, over the last 6 months we get a clearer image of what they have in mind. no +200% damage for zombies, no smelting miscreations, no hiding under an invulnerable bubble all the time. i'm guessing the only thing keeping them from finally fixing the damn snapshotting is that it would fubar the whole gem system for summons.
where will this end? i don't know but i sincerely hope GGG knows and keeps the nerfs reasonable unlike the smoke mine thing...

so please mattc, keep showing us how far a summoner can go and how op we can become and please rathik, never change this build, that has to be THE stable go-to build for every summoner not interested in snapshotting.

PS: @GoatEatingToilet: you really got me interested in your MF Spectral Gods Matriarch. do you care to share your insights? maybe it will become the new hot thing for summoners? :D
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Apr 10, 2014, 8:29:09 PM
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
PS: @GoatEatingToilet: you really got me interested in your MF Spectral Gods Matriarch. do you care to share your insights? maybe it will become the new hot thing for summoners? :D

As it stands now with the changes Matt made to his build via MoM it is practically the same build just built around IIR/IIQ instead of life and res. While matt's old build went down for IR and/or MoM (before using the cloak), I chose to get all the minion nodes like Rathik's build instead, but I stayed life over CI to use more auras (and to take advantage of the numerous life nodes I could select as well). The resulting build was not for survivability at all, heh. Andvarius rings, Aurseize gloves (I would switch back and forth with Sadima's Touch, too), Perandus Blazon belt, 14IIQ/34IIR helm (with no life for my life-based build), 14IIQ/15IIR/25MS boots (again, with no life). I have no idea where I put my weapon, shield or amulet, though, lol. Wheel of the Stormsail came out about the middle of Domination/Nemesis and I was honestly having a hard time staying interested in the league by that point. The shrines were just not doing it for me. Anyway, I would probably replace my shield with that one if I did it over. Again, the build is not for hardcore, but your corpse will be surrounded by rare drops, haha.
I was running the hybrid build during the last leagues, but the lack of IIQ really made me go "meh," at the time, lol. Little did I know it would become a permanent change.

Edit: Yes, forgot to mention that it relied heavily on BMs since you would be beyond squishy. I had hoped to upgrade my gear to provide the MF stats I sought as well as life, but it was a process to save up for and I ultimately just got bored of the league.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Apr 10, 2014, 10:06:44 PM
Did some personal testing last night with the nerfs that were done. I've been following Rathiks build since day one of being a summoner and I have had ZERO trouble with anything so far. I have yet to try out Atziri because ive been playing less lately but I imagine with a few gear improvements I can attempt her, might need a DPS character to help but ill check that out when I get the chance. The Evangelist nerf seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass but its nothing that I cant change my gameplay to adjust to.

My gear (425 IIR / 50 ish IIQ)
Spoiler

Nothing too crazy but it does the trick, I think my most expensive piece was my Div flask.

Big ups to Rathik on this build, its been a pleasure following it and I've had no trouble other than personal mistakes whilst high as a mother effer while playing.

PS: If anyone has some gear improvement Ideas for me let me know :P Looking to upgrade.
"
TMHChaser wrote:
Did some personal testing last night with the nerfs that were done. I've been following Rathiks build since day one of being a summoner and I have had ZERO trouble with anything so far. I have yet to try out Atziri because ive been playing less lately but I imagine with a few gear improvements I can attempt her, might need a DPS character to help but ill check that out when I get the chance. The Evangelist nerf seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass but its nothing that I cant change my gameplay to adjust to.

My gear (425 IIR / 50 ish IIQ)
Spoiler

Nothing too crazy but it does the trick, I think my most expensive piece was my Div flask.

Big ups to Rathik on this build, its been a pleasure following it and I've had no trouble other than personal mistakes whilst high as a mother effer while playing.

PS: If anyone has some gear improvement Ideas for me let me know :P Looking to upgrade.

Well, apart from a high ES 6L chest you are pretty much set.
Maybe start looking for a good rare weapon if you need more res/mana/cast.
Also andvarius can be replaced with a rare.
You are at the point that you start min/max your gear and this is a slow and expensive process :D.

I would aim for a high es dual+ res 6L chest.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Well, apart from a high ES 6L chest you are pretty much set.
Maybe start looking for a good rare weapon if you need more res/mana/cast.
Also andvarius can be replaced with a rare.
You are at the point that you start min/max your gear and this is a slow and expensive process :D.

I would aim for a high es dual+ res 6L chest.

Ahh I am the most excited for the cost of upgrades haha. Thanks, yeah Im currently aiming for the 6L chest just a matter of crafting or farming currency to buy one.

Great build, Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info