[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Rathik2 wrote:

I basically 1 skill points for the +2 max res and the 2 extra minion nodes. 3 points total.
All the rest is the same.

I can't see the two extra minion nodes. You mentioned the Gravepact cluster previously, but it's always had 6 nodes.
Prior to 1.0.6 Gravepact was only 4 nodes (Damage nodes + Extra minions). The two attack/cast speed nodes were just generic 15% damage nodes, the two 'lower' nodes were added with the summoner changes.
IGN: Tresmere, Mariela, Manyella
Usually online M-F 5-6p EST - Varies on Weekends.
Why do you recommend leveling with EK but don't pick up any dexterity nodes in your build? Randomly finding equipment that will provide you with enough dex to meet requirements isn't really reliable.
Playing summoner in invasion league is really hard and slow. Some invasion bosses are just unkillable for me (too high hp regen like this big skeleton, or dmg spike so high that I die in 0,5 sec).

I see streamers that keep dying alot also (not only summoners). Is it even possible to play this league as summoner?
"
yumad wrote:
Why do you recommend leveling with EK but don't pick up any dexterity nodes in your build? Randomly finding equipment that will provide you with enough dex to meet requirements isn't really reliable.

I am hoping for people to have some common sense and use gear/skills for the required DEX.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 7, 2014, 10:57:45 AM
"
Asag wrote:
Playing summoner in invasion league is really hard and slow. Some invasion bosses are just unkillable for me (too high hp regen like this big skeleton, or dmg spike so high that I die in 0,5 sec).

I see streamers that keep dying alot also (not only summoners). Is it even possible to play this league as summoner?

mine is struggling even in easy mode ambush. for the most part they're just meatshields. I'm still doing all the heavy lifting with searing bond + fire trap + flameblast + facetanking for my summons..........

the early game summoner buff stories I've been hearing have been greatly exaggerated. zombies do real damage now, but for the most part they still all die before they get a chance to attack against anything where I'd actually need their damage for
Boswer:

What level are you at where you're having this issue?

I'm definitely farther behind (limited play time + raced a shadow into A2 for the extra gems), but once I get to a similar point I'll be able to compare and see if I have the issues too.

I hadn't had any issues going Zombies + Raging Spirit in 1.0.6 Domination (Muled over Multistrike and traded for Ullr+Sidhe, but I don't see that as enough to go from 'heavy lifting' to 'watch, cast Offering, Cast some spirits to speed things up if needed'.

By mid 50s I wasn't even raising the Spirits except against bosses where I needed the extra kill speed.
Level 42 on ambush now and about to kill cruel brutus. This build is doing great! Made some minor adjustments to the skill tree to my personal liking ;) Running 6 zombies now and 3 specters. Using undying evangelists as my specters and man are those things powerful, my zombies hardly do anything other then slowing the mobs down so that my spectres can aoe them to death.

Using quite crappy gear, only using 1 summoner unique:

The early levels could be a bit hard since my zombies werent leveld, and some of the mods on the strongboxes made it quite hard for me. But now that my zombies have 1k+ health they hardly die anymore. So zombies as meatshields in front, spectres behind for dmg/aoe.

Which one is better, Minion damage or Melee Physical Damage?

In combination with Raise Zombie + Multistrike + Faster attacks + Melee Splash.
My IGN is TheFatality.
"
Annihilat0r wrote:
Which one is better, Minion damage or Melee Physical Damage?

In combination with Raise Zombie + Multistrike + Faster attacks + Melee Splash.

Melee Physical Damage will add more:

Assuming 20/20 Gems:
Melee Physical = 10% Increased and 49% More
Minion Damage = 92% Increased

With just Multistrike and Melee Splash you're doing the following (%age of base)
Single : 171.49%
Splash : 140.87%

With Minion Damage
Single : 220.95%
Splash : 181.50%

With Melee Physical Damage
Single : 263.54%
Splash : 216.48%

This is assuming 105% from Tree, 57% increased from Multistrike and MeleeSplash, 36% Less from Multistrike, 16% less single target from Melee Splash and 31% Less in splash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info