[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Icoshimo wrote:
It will be great if you make one update log to see what exacly changes in the process of improvement. Otherwise great work i think ill follow your build. I have 81 lvl witch with free reset skill botton and my problem is the gear. What will you recommend in that case ? Another thing is could you post that build with more auras that you mentioned with both clarity and hatred.

I think that ill try EE and when i hit with arc it will incr hatred dmg, MI dmg (its fire right?) and spectre dmg if i put add fire dmg to them right ?

MI is fire but a minion must die to trigger it.
Added fire damage converts physical damage into fire, so your specter must deal physical damage in the fist place.

Personally I think is not worth it, you will not notice any DPS increase.
Plus you will constantly need to spam Arc.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 6, 2014, 12:38:47 PM
Hi Rathik2,
since the new update, there are some changes in the passive skilltree compared to the build before (even some which aren't affected by the new tree).
Could you please make a note/ explanation why you've decided to make the changes? Would be nice for my understanding? (For example you have dropped a lot of ES nodes for a CI build which relies on ES despite the fact of patch notes ["Several Energy Shield passives have been improved."] - uh, haven't found the difference, but maybe someone else can help-)

Thanks.
"
Octulus wrote:
Hi Rathik2,
since the new update, there are some changes in the passive skilltree compared to the build before (even some which aren't affected by the new tree).
Could you please make a note/ explanation why you've decided to make the changes? Would be nice for my understanding? (For example you have dropped a lot of ES nodes for a CI build which relies on ES despite the fact of patch notes ["Several Energy Shield passives have been improved."] - uh, haven't found the difference, but maybe someone else can help-)

Thanks.

I basically 1 skill points for the +2 max res and the 2 extra minion nodes. 3 points total.
All the rest is the same.

Also depending on your gear you can drop some 30 dex/str nodes and put them in ES.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 6, 2014, 2:17:37 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Zinsho wrote:
ES loss will be between 2k and 3k end game (assuming ~1k ES armor).

Have to ask someone who was using such an armor how often they dropped below 2.5k ES due to outright damage/burst. If they never do then the ES difference shouldn't cause a huge issue assuming the rest of your gear is strong enough to allow for survival.

From 9700 ES I had before the patch now I have 9450 but thats because I used 2 skill points from es nodes to get the max res node and 1 resistance node.
I really don't understand where you got the 2k-3k numbers.

I was referring more to the ES loss from using the new Summoner Armour I'd linked a couple posts higher. It only has ~200 ES on it, so compared to endgame ES armour, you'd be ~2-3k lower (because of the -800 or so ES comparatively on gear)
IGN: Tresmere, Mariela, Manyella
Usually online M-F 5-6p EST - Varies on Weekends.
Hi,

@Rathik2
this is a fast answer! Thanks.

So you dropped 5 ES nodes and Path of the Savant for 1 Es,1 Might +30, 1 Minion Life, 1 Minion Life Lech, 1 Elemental Adaption and 1 Shaper.

Oh and by the way. Thanks a lot for the guide. For myself I don't have that much time and it makes it possible that I can play POE with max of fun and not bothering my time with thinking what to do and how.
Last edited by Octulus on Mar 6, 2014, 2:31:56 PM
i have no idea what nodes to take or nodes to take away if i want to make a new character; and sure im ganna go the CI. how do i node it?
"
iDGames wrote:

You stated that this build is very beginner friendly and cheap. But does that only mean it is cheap or would you also say that one can level with this build well playing only selffound?

I've run a duelist to 84 and this summoner to 76 (and still going up). I did not find the Chober or Sihdbreath that I use. These characters have found a lot of generic gear that might have been better than what I currently use. 99% of these items were sold due to inventory space limitations. I would not have known that this or that particular piece of gear would be awesome later.

Self-found would be possible, I'm sure. But it would be very slow. I have a friend who does not like the $trade channel (who does?) and seems to be not want to use poe.xyz. My plodding summoner is leveling at twice his rate because I
1. have a gearing strategy,
2. buy the gear off of poe.xyz

We all want to be self-found but it seems to be a serious limitation. hit poe.xyz and find some gear.
"
FnaticXXX wrote:
yoour build is not viable in high lvl map and i dont like it

What is wrong, specifically.
"
iDGames wrote:
I have not read through all pages of this thread, please don't be mad if my question has already been answered. :)

You stated that this build is very beginner friendly and cheap. But does that only mean it is cheap or would you also say that one can level with this build well playing only selffound?

You'll probably want to trade for sidhe breath and ulle's bones. Aside from those two items, going mostly self found is viable for levelling so far, for me. Admittedly, I'm only level 55, and i've just started merciless. Dominus is the only thing to prove difficult (impossible, actually) without friends.
Last edited by althalus87 on Mar 7, 2014, 4:21:07 AM
"
althalus87 wrote:
Dominus is the only thing to prove difficult (impossible, actually) without friends.

If you found Cruel Dominus impossible, post your gear and your skill tree in a new thread called, "Why was Cruel Dominus impossible for me to solo". You'll probably get some advice that will make all the difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info