(Aug 26 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

"
altarr wrote:
Same here. Had 2 Alchemy Orbs but no Sledgehammer drops, upped 3RL Cooper Plate to get the Ground Slam rolling. Hoarded the last Orb for a while, finally shopped one at 20 level. Turned out nuts.
Unavailable
Unavailable

Nice. That's a sweet plate too. All my other gear was garbage.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
@FILM

It should be on the same character that had your orbs.
"
Zanarhi wrote:
@FILM

Do I have to run the character to town? It's definitely not in the inventory ;___;
Last edited by FILM on Aug 25, 2012, 9:44:56 PM
"
FILM wrote:
"
Zanarhi wrote:
@FILM

Do I have to run the character to town? It's definitely not in the inventory ;___;

Check if its on a different character, if not send them a PM?
"
Zanarhi wrote:

Check if its on a different character, if not send them a PM?

Ran the marauder to town, checked all stash tabs and all characters. I guess we'll have to see what Chris says. Maybe I didn't win after all :x

Anyway, gg everyone.
Race Feedback
Didnt find a quiver until Ship Cave so I was about 15 mins behind where I wanted to be for act 1. I had some bad experiences in waterfall level 1 too, so I reset the instance. Final dps 46.9, HP 383

Equipment
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
The results from this race are very convincing, they show us that all classes (except for templar) as solo have done just as well, or better than groups. Its less about what class is weaker than the others and more about if the player themselves is lucky with items or not. Since marauder has a larger player base, there is more chance for those players to get lucky with items.

Party has advantages, but they dont make parties unfair or uncompetitive with solo play. Since there are 2-6 people in a party its just a typical risk/return type situation. Because you are 2-6 people you spread the risk of getting bad items with good ones, which lowers the variation in your drop luck. This allows you to have more consistency in your levelling strategy, but it is an intentional effect for parties to be able to do this and is by no means unfair.

There is no point to solo races, they can compete and win (race results proven statement) in the normal races just like everyone else. The only difference is people that want to play in parties get bored & are probably playing guild wars 2 instead. We can only guess why your event had 50% less participants thank it did last week.

There is only 1 exploit that I think is unfair in parties, and that is gaining unlimited portal uses (without scroll consumption). But I never use this in parties, and I dont think its even used by very good parties because its just a waste of time. If anything, this exploit helps weaker parties catch up a bit, so I dont see how its all that bad anyway.
Oh my god, the top templar was 21? Fuck me senseless, all of my competition died. Damn you BETA!

You're grasping at straws now Metronomy.

There's a lot more competition in solo races, and people are far more practiced than usual due to it. The top spots are significantly closer than they've ever been anywhere else.
"
Septile wrote:
Oh my god, the top templar was 21? Fuck me senseless, all of my competition died. Damn you BETA!

Yeah, with the late start I finished at 21 and 92%. Many, many templars died on this day, but Jondaarrr was not among them.
I tried to make myself feel better about dying by convincing myself that my competition would have beaten me, but they died too. Now I feel awful :(
"
HoolaBandoola wrote:
ROFL!
I was so pumped to run through act 2 after I got such neat items, I was thinking I got almost ultimate drops as a bowman. Then I died. Grr Im too noob.
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

=( I will try again for some orbies! =)

holy hell nice drops! that is unlucky that you died man :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info