(Aug 26 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

Yea congrats to everyone, nice to see more of difference at the top.
That being said, when you check the stats on Temple of Exiles, it was about 40-50% of the playerbase than last weeks.
/cough GW2

Would like to know how Barbie died because he was set to win by quite a bit, since no one reached 30+. I eased off a lot because of that.

Duelist had pretty much no problem up until the Ancient Pyramid. Was lacking some damage with dual 1h, probably better to go with 2h. had about 900hp at the end.

Going to try Templar next time if there is another solo race.

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
radiatoren wrote:
I just have to accept that my computer cannot run anything in the backgroud when I play PoE and I cannot play full-screen or full-screen windowed even with my FPS-limiter!

have you considered a (slightly) reduction of the screen size, or are you already on the low end? (Thats what I did, to conter some load issues while staying fullscreen to avoid clicking outside the game)

I am already at 800x600, which is the lowest option. No shadow, no postprocessing, trilinear etc. I just need a better computer to run the game properly. Having to wait ~10 seconds at each zoning is also a sign that I probably need more processing-power.
But thanks for the suggestion!
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
Shuuhei wrote:

Would like to know how Barbie died

He died on oversoul. Afaik he was the first one to reach him.
@Metronomy: Attempting to link race participation to solo races fails. GW2 is prob 90% of it. That is all.
"
Zanarhi wrote:
"
Shuuhei wrote:

Would like to know how Barbie died

He died on oversoul. Afaik he was the first one to reach him.

That is correct. He and I reached Vaal almost exact same time, barbie being one level ahead of me at the time. Bout the same time I killed vaal barbie globaled his rip to boss heh :-p
"
boomjoose wrote:
@Metronomy: Attempting to link race participation to solo races fails. GW2 is prob 90% of it. That is all.
No, I clearly mentioned GW2.
If the race was actually good and something people wanted to play, they could always take a 3 hour break from whatever else they were doing and then return to it when the race was over. Where do you think 4/5 of the people I have been partying with were? (GW2)
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
boomjoose wrote:
No, I clearly mentioned GW2.
If the race was actually good and something people wanted to play, they could always take a 3 hour break from whatever else they were doing and then return to it when the race was over. Where do you think 4/5 of the people I have been partying with were? (GW2)

A 3 hour break on a release day of a higly anticipated game, come on now....Is PoE great, of course it is, but it is still in beta...PoE will have its release some day...I am sure even Open Beta will be huge. But even I was planning on doing the race but I was just glued to GW2....

The only reason I am not on GW2 now is cause I am in the Military and I have duty today :(
Last edited by GJohnson7385 on Aug 26, 2012, 10:37:41 PM
There were ~900 people online last night when the 1 week race started. Over the last month, that number was nearly triple that at the same time, and that's not even with an event going on. GW2 made a huge difference in participation, it has nothing to do with the race being solo.

If anything more people are participating because they feel they have a chance to win without some party boosting weak classes to the top.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Aug 27, 2012, 9:18:52 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can craft cold resis rings?? Merveil should be a lot easier now that I learned that..

UPDATE: lol.. Well now that I know how to get cold resis.. what tactics should witch do to kill merveil in race? I killed it in melee range with freezing pulse at level 13 but I had to use like 8 portal scrolls and was very close to dying multiple times.. Too risky doing it that way I think.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Aug 28, 2012, 2:55:25 AM
"
Powster wrote:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can craft cold resis rings?? Merveil should be a lot easier now that I learned that..

UPDATE: lol.. Well now that I know how to get cold resis.. what tactics should witch do to kill merveil in race? I killed it in melee range with freezing pulse at level 13 but I had to use like 8 portal scrolls and was very close to dying multiple times.. Too risky doing it that way I think.
Put a 2H weapon and heavy strike in your second weapon slot. =D
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info