Officially Supported Linux Client

Improving my English..

If it matters, I run Linux Mint. I've converted all of my NTFS partitions into ext4 partitions, so I made the full plunge a month or two ago. I'm really enjoying it so far. Of my 37 games on Steam, I already have 11 that run natively in Linux. I also play some Good Old Games natively (like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, yay!). Where I use CrossOver for compatibility with Windows-only games, the usefulness is limited. I sometimes crash RIFT, and I persistently crash Neverwinter Online every 15 minutes or so.

A native linux client would be great!
Last edited by MellowTigger on Jan 19, 2015, 6:49:40 PM

Fully switched to Linux recently. The game runs in a "playable" state under wine, there are some font errors though...

What is extremely annoying on the other hand is the fact, that I cannot tab out of the game window.... (might be just the case for my Linux setup)
This is a pain in the *** alone for the unlock code that has to be re-entered every day (no static IP). I have to exit the game every day, just to read my mail with the unlock code. While this can be avoided using my smartphone, there is still the fact that I really have to consult a bunch of websites constantly (poe.trade, poemods, forums, well you know them too, don't you?^^).

I will soon have a second monitor, hopefully this will resolve most of my issues, but still:

a fully supported linux client would be GREATLY appreciated! :)
Linux user here ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info