Officially Supported Linux Client

A native linux port would be lovely, there is a potentially large amount of difficulty with creating one though, particularly if it would be officially supported. It's a lot better than it used to be, but making games like PoE work reliably on *nix when they weren't targeted at it to begin with (and even then) can be a bit of a clusterfuck.

I've got a fairly long history writing software / making stuff work on posix platforms, and would be more than willing to work full time on a linux port or cross-platform build compatibility if GGG ever feel like hiring someone dedicated for that, but they've got an awful lot on their plate as it is, and it likely wouldn't be a short-term project.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
not that I think this request has a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting any attention, but +1 for native linux version.
+1
I'm using Debian, and i've been playing POE since CB in wine.
Ofc native linux client would be better, and i'd love it, but it's way too much work for us - minority.

So yeah +1, but without much hope or expectations ;)
489. I think. I'm on Linux Mint, but I'd rather be able to play on Debian.
+1
That'll be 490?
Last edited by tuubzorz on Apr 26, 2014, 6:28:39 PM
+1
491 now?
+1

How many more will you need before you build a Linux client? We cannot properly wine this game (visual and audio glitches) so I personally would love to see a Linux client.
Fear the army of dots:
..............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info