Officially Supported Linux Client

It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
count me in - if it works on linux I have no need for win on my home pc.
265, Gentoo. It runs pretty well under Wine - "Allocating space" issue aside - but a native client would be preferable any day.
266, I won't play again unless there is a native client or even a wine supported client. This is my favorite ARPG that I have ever played and I really wish it ran better on wine right now. People keep saying that it runs well, but I have heard and experienced that it only runs well on wine with nvidia graphics cards. I keep trying to do races but I always die due to some random (hardware not network) lag spike on a boss. I have played in windows with the same hardware with 0 issues, but I have since folded up windows and won't ever pick it up again, let alone drop $100.00+ for an operating system that I wouldn't con my worst enemy into using. GGG You guys did the right thing in making this game, I love it, and I really hope that in the near future it is officially supported under linux. Until then, Farewell!

I'm in a similar situation as the poster above me. I now go for very very long periods of time between booting Windows (half a year, and counting at the moment). Though I love the idea of this game, and all the work on it so far is mesmerizing, it doesn't feel worth it to boot into Windows for.

On a related note, I appreciate when WINE does, but I avoid using it whenever possible. If you do undertake a port effort (which I would even be willing to support a kickstarter / fundraising campaign of), please do it right—do it natively.

All the best,

-HG
I use windows, but would like to see it on linux, even before mac!
Fighting the war against the AltF4Core! Hardcore is for whimps.

I'd love a linux client too. Am a massive geek but only just getting my teeth into Ubuntu (12.10); have held off in the past 'cause I'm a big gamer and not really seen the point of installing linux+wine when as a student I've always been able to get the latest Windows cheeply. But I don't like the direction Win 8 has taken the OS, and with Valve supporting Linux now seemed a good time for me to give Ubuntu a good go. And I'm loving it.
This number doesn't even represent the ammount of ppl that will play this if or when a linux client is released! Plus be sure about it (as many surveys have shown), LINUX GAMERS ARE OBLIGED TO PAY FOR GOOD GAMES ;)

PS: i'm on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS btw, but i still have windows for some things. Not a major linux user, but fingers crossed that valve will make us all turn to linux :P

Would be great !

I am too a linux user and I would like to ask for a linux client too, at least good wine support ;)

Long live Linux!
Long live Freedom of choice!
Long live Open minds!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info