Officially Supported Linux Client

252 Ubuntu
253 Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon

The only thing that keeps me from using Linux exclusively are the games.
MSI Z77 MPOWER | Core i7 3770k | eVGA GTX680 FTW 4GB | 16GB G. Skill PC2100 DDR3 | X-Fi Titanium PCI-E | 2x Samsung 128GB SSD | 2TB WD Enterprise | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold RS800 | Antec DF-85 | Yamakasi 30" Sparta300 S-IPS 2560x1600 16:10
254 Arch Linux / Ubuntu / Debian

A linux client shelled in Steam would be perfect, not to many linux games in there
255 Gentoo/Ubuntu..

I have both windows and linux installed on the same computer. I have played PoE on windows and it is a fun game, but it's a pain to reboot to windows.

There are increasing amounts of games coming to linux and with Steam they are increasingly simple to install and update. For example today I learned about a free mmorpg called Champions of Regnum. I have played that for 5 minutes so far, so I have no idea how it compares to PoE in terms of fun. But to play that game I don't have to reboot. So it is much easier for me to start that game than it is to start PoE. And as the competition grows it will be increasingly difficult to reboot just for some games that don't work on my main OS.

256 Ubuntu
257 Ubuntu
258 Ubuntu
259 Ubuntu
260 Ubuntu (my brother)
261, Debian.

No, Linux support wouldn't require a complete rewrite, even of all the graphics code. It would just require the devs to rewrite PoE to support a stable build of Wine or two (1.4, and maybe 1.2). The development releases come out every two weeks or so, so they make an annoyingly fast-moving target for anyone to build against.
Didn't realize so many people used Linux, I use Ubuntu on a secondary computer I'd use it on my main but it doesn't play some of the games I prefer so...262.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info