The Ultimate Melee DPS/TANK [FACEBREAKER ONSLAUGHT GUIDE]

Inspiring guide! I was looking around lately for a cheap end game oriented build for onslaught and this could be it.

I was also very pumped about the recent ranger changes, so I tried to cram the notables there also into this build. The result (106 points):

Yeah, it doesn't measure up. It has comparable hp to the original variant, has some more block chance, a bit of +phys. and the main thing going for it is the 30% stun avoidance from Heart of Oak. On the other side, it has less attack speed (Berserking x Finesse difference), less resists, 0.5 percentile point less regen and the big thing is no inner force. Statswise: it's -80 str, +70 dex and -50 int (this should really be a 107 point build, since there is a +30 int node directly available), so that is also quite meh. Also two nodes are taken that provide next to no benefit (+aura radius and + one handed phys dmg).

The main advantage of doing all this would be that from this point onwards, one can take life nodes extremely efficiently (11 life nodes in the next 12 levels), something the original build couldn't quite do. But yes, I agree that such late game scaling is completely out of practical reach (if it was even desirable in the first place), so I won't be going there.

Looking forward to trying this!
Last edited by WearyWanderer on Jul 21, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
I got all the uniques for this build yesterday for a little over 2 ex on default yesterday. Lionseye shield, maginords, bringer of rain and facebreaker. Very excited to get it all working. Always have liked cyclone!
Responding to criticism about the Bringer of Rain Build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e6vGfNSV6o
Last edited by Exalton on Jul 22, 2013, 1:17:22 AM
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Responding to criticism about the Bringer of Rain Build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e6vGfNSV6o

I like the Bringer of Rain, you effectively get a 7 link in the helm slot which is a lot easier to do than a 5 link in the chest.

I also agree, blind on tempest shield would work better than leech for extra tankiness.

My only concern with Bringer of Rain is the armour/evasion is on the low side for combining a helm and chest piece together. It is, however, a very strong Facebreaker item.

Have you ever tried an Abyssus or do you not want to run the risk with the extra damage?
Quick question ... what are you running in Bringer of Rain other than Cyclone and Blood Magic?
"
azkinger wrote:
Quick question ... what are you running in Bringer of Rain other than Cyclone and Blood Magic?

Quick reply ... Life leech and Concentrated effect.

:-)
"
Nastakanoth wrote:

Quick reply ... Life leech and Concentrated effect.

:-)

Perfect. Thanks mate.
What do you recommend for bandits?
*sigh* .... another build with end game uniques.

Do you have any suggestion for people who don't have these ridiculous items? I mean at this point it doesn't really matter what you spec, pretty sure anything is viable.
"
kazzle99 wrote:
*sigh* .... another build with end game uniques.

Do you have any suggestion for people who don't have these ridiculous items? I mean at this point it doesn't really matter what you spec, pretty sure anything is viable.

If you'd bother to watch the videos - you can hear me saying that you do not need BoR. So you can get some rings and amulet and the belt, and you will have great dps. :-)
Last edited by Exalton on Jul 22, 2013, 5:23:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info