The Ultimate Melee DPS/TANK [FACEBREAKER ONSLAUGHT GUIDE]

But where is the Reduced Mana Reservation?
-> How do you want to get 2-3 Auras?

(Determination+Grace+Purity)
above/left of templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548078

my 1.0.0 change to build for 3 auras (me personally purity haste hatred), no IR or US, just RT

standard league faceroll, for the new leagues you need the gear ... but yeah

not so much emphasis on armor in my variation since so much hp and block, and going from 10 to 40+k armor is still 'meeeh' if you got block. If it were 2 handed build, I would think otherwise.

I wouldn't normally do this because I come off as kind of a jerk, but to save y'all some time don't bother with the thread above hoping to find a follow-up to Nas's great build here. It's VERY strangely laid out with little defense for the choices made. I've finally gotten my Marauder up to 70 and have my guy pretty much built out gear-wise following Nas's guide. I may post a follow-up guide myself tomorrow since it doesn't appear Nas is updating his.
"
arkiver wrote:

I wouldn't normally do this because I come off as kind of a jerk, but to save y'all some time don't bother with the thread above hoping to find a follow-up to Nas's great build here. It's VERY strangely laid out with little defense for the choices made. I've finally gotten my Marauder up to 70 and have my guy pretty much built out gear-wise following Nas's guide. I may post a follow-up guide myself tomorrow since it doesn't appear Nas is updating his.

Yes that would be great.
I would also wish to hear Nas oppinion on 1.0 and what he suggests.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Oct 26, 2013, 9:43:19 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:
"
arkiver wrote:

you are an ass man, you should pm the guy at least, that build is great i played it too after respeccing ... got close to 7k hp and dont need tons of armor and endurance charges or IR or US, all myths. high hp, blind and max block is the best thing ever. armor in this game = shitty diminishing returns, invest in it and lose out on dps and life.

The only place you really need armor is vs big hits like carnage

15k on a granite and 3 charges and no 30% extra crit dmg reduction, vs 50k on a granite, 5 charges and the crit reduction nodes ... and the crit is 4k fx, an extreme example ... the results are 2600 dmg taken my build and 1000 damage taken his build. Now take 7k+ life and till he hits again it will take forever with blind and block ... you have leech and regen and seethings / catalyseds / saturateds to quickly make up for it ... btw take IR and US and lose blind, stupid move .... and look how much you invested for so little gain.

I sign that!
Also Nas said after the inner force buff: get as high HP as possible.
-> so with 1.0 the build is even better!

Only thing i "worry" is the nerf in dmg now that facebreaker has 600-800 physical.
the nerf in damage is to implement people to spec more into +melee damage nodes, to force them to get them essentially, vs specing in some reduced mana reserved(new nodes) since auras are obviously more and they also reduce dps as it is.......then again it has its new pros as well. once again if you have legacys now my 968% arent looking so trash vs the new versions so yeah the returns are still there.......imo this build is much more fun, less monotonous than say the various es based right click back spam 1-2 spells right click spam so on as the d2 sorc days were vs the ww barb the fun factor is still obvious and why i adhere to builds like this.
Hey can you check this tree can i use it like ur build? http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM89_PZIfLgpLl8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZWfPAGmaekFWnhBo47Dg62E3YjHaePIFvBLMCcRRN8B-iAIM473z60nB9gFZPfamVUWAdFDbpJKoZheNqj0bQ0M9lVcYWb6cI2t24kwx9EH_GntlhVw3SIZ7NpzAUIFBHAec26FivZKMaVWEhhO907XrvYEsFLXgNvooB3KQZG_ol34TZbmm-p9JNwA9AoJ65XhMbyEMxtkFOKimlZU1HfqvFqW5sRnJsMgkaMg==
Last edited by Ocb on Oct 31, 2013, 12:34:08 PM
Hey guys I'm looking to start a similar build utilising shields for Nemesis. I am aiming for max block and possibly using Tempest Shield in conjunction with Cyclone.

I am still in the planning phase so open to any ideas but I will probably have Lightning Strike as the other attack option due to its obvious synergy with Tempest

Looking to maximise life/survivability over damage, would this sort of build best be taken with Marauder, Templar or Scion?

Thanks for any help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info