The Ultimate Melee DPS/TANK [FACEBREAKER ONSLAUGHT GUIDE]

"
Kane_Abyss wrote:
Hey guys I'm looking to start a similar build utilising shields for Nemesis. I am aiming for max block and possibly using Tempest Shield in conjunction with Cyclone.

I am still in the planning phase so open to any ideas but I will probably have Lightning Strike as the other attack option due to its obvious synergy with Tempest

Looking to maximise life/survivability over damage, would this sort of build best be taken with Marauder, Templar or Scion?

Thanks for any help

What you're describing is exactly the route I took with my guy in softcore and he is virtually unkillable (I'm running Determination/Hatred/Tempest). That said, it relies completely on being able to obtain a Facebreakers (and Bringer of Rain) which may not be very feasible for Nemesis. You may have to level up with Spectral Throw until you can get your hands on them.

You can start from any of those locations but Marauder and Duelist make the most sense. Scion is doable, but Templar I think the 3 or 4 wasted nodes aren't worth it unless you're in love with the Templar character model/voice. Here's my skill tree at lvl 75 to give you an idea:

Lvl75

Basically at this point I just have some block nodes and some HP left to fill out. With a lvl 9 Reduced Mana gem and the 16% reduced reserve from the Sovereignty cluster you can run all three of those Auras (assuming you're running Blood Magic for Cyclone at that point). Once Reduced Mana hits level 17 you can respec those two 4% reserve nodes to the ones above it to improve your aura output a little further while just keeping the 8% from Sovereignty like I have it now.

Worth noting that this build is focusing on tankyness, not raw output. I had an "interesting" discussion recently with someone who had some bold dps choices in relation to Nas' build, and granted, you could certainly output your DPS higher making similar choices (the Berserker cluster is a really good choice and I'll probably pick that up as well). For me though being able to stroll through with no heartache was worth the loss of DPS. I still have about 8K on the tooltip for Cyclone with Hatred running and that doesn't factor the damage from Tempest, but bear in mind that's using a 990% legacy Facebreaker.
"
Kane_Abyss wrote:
Hey guys I'm looking to start a similar build utilising shields for Nemesis. I am aiming for max block and possibly using Tempest Shield in conjunction with Cyclone.

I am still in the planning phase so open to any ideas but I will probably have Lightning Strike as the other attack option due to its obvious synergy with Tempest

Looking to maximise life/survivability over damage, would this sort of build best be taken with Marauder, Templar or Scion?

Thanks for any help

99 Passives

This is my build

IGN:J_GoB
Last edited by interestbi on Nov 8, 2013, 1:07:33 PM
"
interestbi wrote:
"
Kane_Abyss wrote:

Thanks for any help

99 Passives

This is my build

Why you take inner force?
You profit more if you save those 5 points and go more dmg/life/armor/or even resists notes
"
hitreza wrote:
"
interestbi wrote:
"
Kane_Abyss wrote:

Thanks for any help

99 Passives

This is my build

Why you take inner force?
You profit more if you save those 5 points and go more dmg/life/armor/or even resists notes

There are 3points give me 21% buff , adding Holy Strength 3% buff

total 24% + Sovereugnty 12% increased aura effect

my purity originally give me 3% maximum res , after adding above passives could cross 4%

Just a feeling that my aura is better than others.
-----------------------------------------------------
conversation above become tragedy because "update 1.0.1" nerf purity
Last edited by interestbi on Nov 10, 2013, 6:32:20 PM
Hey guyes I haven't been playing for atleast 3 months now, what is the updated build for the facebreaker build with BoR?

I'm at level 74 , would be nice to get it done right (:
IGN = VlKlNG
hi just wanna check with you, what are all the gems that you used? including support,buffs and skill gem.
Why is there no proper guide? You've shown your build, and that's it. Where are your gems, items, and gameplay text? Please don't tell me these are all in the vids, I would like to read about it before trying any videos.

At the very least I need to see items & gems.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Can anyone tell me the gems that are in this character??? thanks
Nastakanoth's videos seem to have been taken down for some reason :/
Would someone mind re-uploading them please?
I'm a noob trying out this build, currently level 47 and I'm wondering how you guys rock so many auras? I can barely support 1-2 auras with reduced mana gem and you're rocking 5 or 6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info