0.11.2 Patch Notes

Sigh
Last edited by Doomsdxy on Jul 15, 2013, 1:11:23 PM
"
ricco19 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
I've never complained about the game in a post before, but every time a patch comes out, it ends up benefiting the lifers and is detrimental to those of us who have to work real jobs while spending our free time playing this game. I get that you guys want this game to be hardcore, but it's really starting to feel like the ones you care about are the no lifers, and most (not all) of them aren't the ones who give you guys donations. Maybe this isn't the place to speak up, but honestly each time it's a wedge between me and the game.

The fuck are you talking about? Implying that only "no lifers" are interested in twitch streams is absolutely hysterical.

This is an awesome addition to the game. It will result in more exposure, and more people playing the game. I can't even fathom how those patch notes can upset some of you mongoloids. If you are so utterly repulsed by streaming services, you could just you know, not use it.

"
skyelar wrote:
I'm also a bit puzzled why they bothered with the Twitch integration features. Very few people stream, and I can count the number of people that do with any success on one hand. I also question whether those people will actually use these features or not.

You pretty much summed up why the integration is good with your first sentence. It will be integrated into the game, presumably making the streaming process superfluous, which would result in more than "just a few" people streaming. The big streamers will NOT use these features, because external programs like xsplit will be superior. This is meant for the people who don't want to deal with the complications of said programs.

For you people living under a box, twitch is been essential for gigantic growth of several games. A good example of this are the speedrunners, who now have massive exposure from streaming.

This change only helps. It's awesome.

realx man... it's uselss shit for marketing . who cares.
Good Job on this one.. I hope act4 will be released soon! :)
"
Hercanic wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Iron Reflexes now no longer includes your Dexterity bonus to Evasion from your Evasion before it is converted to Armour.

Seems like everyone commenting on this stopped reading after the first part. The second part is there for a reason.

GGG can correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like Dexterity acted like a MORE multiplier.

So it would go from this:
IR Armor = (Evasion * Dexterity bonus) * (Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)

To this:
IR Armor = (Evasion) * (Dexterity bonus + Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)

I hope you are right.
IGN:NUCKY_RANGER
"
ricco19 wrote:

The fuck are you talking about? Implying that only "no lifers" are interested in twitch streams is absolutely hysterical.

I'm implying the people who want to stream are already doing so. If you had a problem with my opinion, you could just, you know, ignore it.

[Mod Edit: Removed]
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by Support on Jul 15, 2013, 9:18:03 AM
"
ricco19 wrote:

You pretty much summed up why the integration is good with your first sentence. It will be integrated into the game, presumably making the streaming process superfluous, which would result in more than "just a few" people streaming. The big streamers will NOT use these features, because external programs like xsplit will be superior. This is meant for the people who don't want to deal with the complications of said programs.

For you people living under a box, twitch is been essential for gigantic growth of several games. A good example of this are the speedrunners, who now have massive exposure from streaming.

This change only helps. It's awesome.

I think you're severely over estimating the benefits these features are going to provide. Xsplit isn't that expensive and OBS is free. If you're serious about streaming you need a decent computer and internet connection to provide a quality stream. In addition, there are only a few successful streamers because they put in a huge amount of time streaming and actually have a solid amount of followers, of which the most popular streamers accrued from streaming other games, not PoE.

This feature isn't magically going to provide the non popular streamers with additional people viewing their streams. PoE is a niche game, that I personally really enjoy, but this integration is not going to have any significant impact on the number of people who want to watch it, mainly because the bulk of people watching those streamers don't give a damn what game they're playing.
Last edited by skyelar on Jul 15, 2013, 2:53:11 AM
"
reboticon wrote:
"
ricco19 wrote:

I'm implying the people who want to stream are already doing so. If you had a problem with my opinion, you could just, you know, ignore it.

[Mod Edit: Removed]

Its a pretty fantastic word
Last edited by Support on Jul 15, 2013, 9:20:00 AM
"
Dear IR:

Welcome back to Earth. Sorry that dexterity no longer helps you, but if you're going to go around bragging about no longer needing to dodge blows and being fearless, you can probably do without it.

Best of luck!

Love,

Evasion players.

Well I guess we know why IR was nerfed and Eva was buffed........
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Evasion that is converted to dexterity no longer gets any bonus from dexterity.

Mark, I'm guessing that's a typo and you meant "Evasion that is converted to armour"?
"
Dear IR:

Welcome back to Earth. Sorry that dexterity no longer helps you, but if you're going to go around bragging about no longer needing to dodge blows and being fearless, you can probably do without it.

Best of luck!

Love,

Evasion players.

Well I guess we know why IR was nerfed and Eva was buffed........

This just in, dex is now even more useless. GG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info