0.11.2 Patch Notes

"
Hercanic wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Iron Reflexes now no longer includes your Dexterity bonus to Evasion from your Evasion before it is converted to Armour.

Seems like everyone commenting on this stopped reading after the first part. The second part is there for a reason.

GGG can correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like Dexterity acted like a MORE multiplier.

So it would go from this:
IR Armor = (Evasion * Dexterity bonus) * (Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)

To this:
IR Armor = (Evasion) * (Dexterity bonus + Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)
No. Dexterity never applied "before" the conversion, and could not do so. That second part is technically incorrect, but is merely used to indicate that the reason Dexterity was applying because the evasion had been evasion before the conversion to armour. Evasion that is converted to armour no longer gets any bonus from dexterity.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 15, 2013, 7:15:42 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:
All forms of damage mitigation work against reflect.. So that means I can use enfeeble for less damage that will be reflected?

It should work as your ability to evade reflect damage now should be affected by enemy accuracy as well. This should not include spell reflects thou, if I read the patch notes right.

Overall reflect was nerfed big time.
Everyone crying because reflect got only 1% reduced did not pay enough attention.

Edit:
Well, maybe you are rolling your own accuracy against your own evasion in the case it is an attack. Then enfeeble on the enemy would take no effect.

Reflected damage is now rolling your own accuracy against your own evasion. Modifiers to the enemy's damage or accuracy have no effect, because reflected damage is your own damage.
"
Pewzor wrote:
So if the reflect damage uses your own accuracy and eva this means if I have Resolute Technique this means I will never ever evade my own attacks right?

Correct.
"
"
golan4840 wrote:
All forms of damage mitigation work against reflect.. So that means I can use enfeeble for less damage that will be reflected?

Curious to this too. But I dont think so tbh, because that effects the monsters own dmg, not your own that is reflected, the same way map mods dont make reflect do more dmg.
Correct. Enfeeble reduces the monster's damage, not yours. it will have no effect on your own damage being reflected back to you.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
General Balance:
  • Spell Block and Spell Dodge now apply to reflected Spell damage.
I have a question regarding Tempest Shield. If I deal damage to a monster, the damage is reflected, and then I block it, do I deal Tempest Shield damage to myself?

This! This is interesting! Though I suppose it would be considered a monster attack using your own damage / skill type base (projectile, attack, spell, aoe) and you would just have more chances of dealing damage to them with reflect
The reflected damage is coming from you, if tempest shield were to do anything, it'd be hurting you since you blocked your own damage. It does not do this (or anything else for reflected damage).

"
Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it.

Werent armor and resists already working? I am doubt in now ... what do you mean by this?
Yes, they were. Spell Dodge and Ondar's Guile were not, along with a few other conditional modifiers to defences (there's a unique that gives bonus armour against projectiles, I believe).
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think this should be a specific drawback on the keystone, however, and not a rule. In general, conversion bonuses apply; for a conversion bonus not to apply, it should be specifically spelled out (e.g. Iron Reflexes gains "Your Evasion no longer benefits from points in Dexterity.") I won't be happy if this technicality is hidden.
Of course it says that. I'm baffled that anyone would think it might not. This is a new property of the keystone, in addition to it converting evasion rating to armour, it negates the increased evasion bonus from dex.
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
"
Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it.

Does this mean Arctic Armour now works for reflected fire and physical dmg?
Yes, among other things.
"
Doushibag wrote:
"Added a very short delay to Lightning Warp"
How short is very short? Lightning Warp fails a lot, will be nice if this fixes it. Thanks.
A tenth of a second, currently. It may be adapted based on feedback as to how well that works under the latency conditions you guys experience.
"
Pregapago wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Didn't Shock always affect Reflect damage? o_0

I would like clarification on this.

"
Modifiers to damage taken, such as Shock, will also affect reflected damage.

Does this mean pre 0.11.2:

if you were shocked and took reflect damage that that the reflected amount was not increased by the shock stacks?
Correct. When damage was reflected to you, it was entirely outside the regular damge processing functions, and thus was unaffected by any modifiers to the damage you take, such as being shocked, Arctic Armour, or that unique that means you take 25% of physical damage as chaos.
"
Fruz wrote:
@Mark_GGG : does the new 30% stun avoidance node stack additively or multiplicatively with the innate 50% stun avoidance from ES ? because according to the answer, I could just drop armor for evasion eventually.
ES technically does not provide chance to avoid a stun, it provides a chance to ignore one that was caused but not avoided.
Chance to avoid stun prevents that damage being stunning damage. ES kicks in later, when the damage is actually being applied, and has a 50% chance to ignore that the damage was determined to be stunning.
These are not doing the same thing, and apply at different times. They are not, and cannot be, additive with each other.
"
viggly wrote:
same as Toxic999
"exit point not found for the procedure GetTickCount64 in library KERNEL32.dll"
And patch again downloads evry time.

Hi guys, please try checking your firewall and antivirus software to be sure it's not blocking Path of Exile. If this is not the cause, please try running a pack check.

You can find more information on how to do this here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

Hi again!

The development team are working on building a patch to fix these errors. It should be through very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience!
I'm sorry, I'm unable to specify the exact time frame, but I can assure you it will be released as soon as possible.
"
rubystar09 wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm unable to specify the exact time frame, but I can assure you it will be released as soon as possible.

Thanks for the response. Just put in a new gfx card a few hours ago, was excited to play again. Trying the pack check. Could editing the texture quality cause of a problem?

Hi there,

Congrats on your new graphics card! That sounds awesome. There is no need to try to resolve this issue yourself. It will be taken care of in the impending update :)
"
reboticon wrote:
Hi M(r?)s. Bex, I see you running around putting out fires in several different forums, so I'm almost ashamed to ask, but are you able to give us any idea on a time frame for the WinXP issue? Like if it's more likely a couple hours versus twelve? I'm perfectly willing to wreck myself for work tomorrow if it's going to be soon, but if I might as well just call it a night now, it would be nice to know. I know everyone is working their hardest, but you've created an addict here.

Hi there,

The patch update will be available as soon as we can possibly make it so. I am not able to give you an exact time frame for this, but I suggest standing by :) Thanks for your enthusiasm for the game! It's great to see!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info