0.11.2 Patch Notes

"
didom wrote:
I am not liking the IR nerf. If I am correct i will lose 60 percent more evasion rating(i have around 300 dex) so i will lose 60 percent more armour. Maybe GGG are doing these changes to encourage the usage of the new evasion buffs but i don't understand the IR nerf. I created my build with the idea that the evasion bonus from dex will be converted to armour and now i am a little sad.

Increase, not more. Additive, not final multiplicative. although if you dont have any other armor / eva increases you can think of it as the only 'more' multiplier you got

I wouldnt worry about it if you have other armor / evasion % increases

EDIT: Before and after scenarios

BEFORE 'NERF'

Armor portion = base armor x (armor%) x (determination%)

Evasion portion = base evasion x (armor+evasion+dex bonuses %) x (determination%)

(armor % here also includes armor / evasion mixed %'s from the skill tree, as it is counted as one increase and doesn't stack - leather and steel, cloth and chain nodes)

AFTER 'NERF'

Armor portion = base armor x (armor%) x (determination%) (the same)

Evasion portion = base evasion x (armor+evasion bonuses %) x (determination%)

Only a small portion of the overall armor was removed. Now even if you are dex based char with no armor gear and armor % increases, you must have some form of %evasion nodes invested. So the 'nerf' should not hit you that hard.

"
tmaciak wrote:
If I calculate properly, as a IR, Grace and Determination user on my main, I will loose about 500 armor... from 17500 (maybe 750). A lot of IR users - those which use IR and Grace to boot theirs armours have very little dex, so this change is barely noticeable (may main have ~150 dex, just to be able to use Grace).

GGG seems to love playing with small numbers... ;)

This, I think a lot of players dont know how IR works really :/
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

Last edited by JahIthBerTirUmMalLumKoKoMal on Jul 15, 2013, 3:36:57 AM
"

"
Rowsol wrote:
But that isn't the case *besides kaom's, that's a dumb item). Would you rather take a 6 % hp or es node or a 8% phys node? I'll take the hp, thanks. The nodes are the problem, not the es on gear. People like to ignore the fact that armor and evasion exist on gear also. es isn't the end all be all stat.

armor and evasion cant be used as a health pool

d3rp

What? that's the very thing they do, deeeeerp
Last edited by Rowsol on Jul 15, 2013, 3:27:18 AM
That's a lot of changes & bugfixes, nice job GGG :)
Really love the idea of a full-blown twitch integration, can't wait to watch the race streams ^^
IGN Warbands: Amphia
"
"
Dear IR:

Welcome back to Earth. Sorry that dexterity no longer helps you, but if you're going to go around bragging about no longer needing to dodge blows and being fearless, you can probably do without it.

Best of luck!

Love,

Evasion players.

Agreed, big fan of IR changes. I hope it sees IR becoming less mandatory.

If I calculate properly, as a IR, Grace and Determination user on my main, I will loose about 500 armor... from 17500 (maybe 750). A lot of IR users - those which use IR and Grace to boot theirs armours have very little dex, so this change is barely noticeable (may main have ~150 dex, just to be able to use Grace).

GGG seems to love playing with small numbers... ;)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
null.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 15, 2013, 3:33:01 AM
Ranger area rebalance looks good as described. More path choices in short term races will be especially welcomed.

Twitch integration seems like a waste of resources. Those who wanted to stream, and were likely to ever experience success with it, already did so. Im reminded of hellgates useless xfire integration, though i imagine the twitch integration will see somewhat more use.

CI nerfs once again show a lack of dev understanding as to why CI totals from start to endgame arent well balanced atm.

1% reduction to reflect is laughable, especially with shock stacks and the like now affecting reflected damage. Reflect needs to stop being used as a bandaid for poor player damage : monster life balance and become an actual interactive mechanic.

Otherwise, most of the minor upgrades look good, and bug fixes are always appreciated.

IGN: KoTao
"
Rowsol wrote:
"

"
Rowsol wrote:
But that isn't the case *besides kaom's, that's a dumb item). Would you rather take a 6 % hp or es node or a 8% phys node? I'll take the hp, thanks. The nodes are the problem, not the es on gear. People like to ignore the fact that armor and evasion exist on gear also. es isn't the end all be all stat.

armor and evasion cant be used as a health pool

d3rp

What? that's the very thing they do, deeeeerp

what is wrong with you??

hp and es are used as a huge buffer pool

evasion is avoidance

armor is mitigation, that you need LOTS of anyway to make worthwile

Hence the ES / HP comparison is making sense, but ES to armor / eva is not
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

you are nerfing CI 14%, this is not a bit hard?...
Sure there are better ways to rebalance it, than nerfing so mcuh the nodes....
"
Qarl wrote:
[...]
Twitch Streaming:
  • Path of Exile now allows Twitch streaming from inside the game client, including full support for streaming webcam footage.
  • Twitch channel chat is integrated directly with the game client. Streamers can chat to their viewers in real time without having to check a separate chat window.
  • In Path of Exile, Twitch chat appears as another chat type alongside global, local, party and trade chat.
  • Path of Exile and Twitch accounts can be linked (there's a button in-game and on your profile page on the website to do this). Once they're linked, users viewing the Path of Exile website will be able to see little Twitch icons next to account names wherever they appear on the site while streaming. Clicking the logo takes you to the user's stream.
  • While a Path of Exile race event is in progress, the leading streamer for that event is shown on the race page. All streamers are marked on the leaderboard so that players can switch between them and watch them play directly on the race page.

[...]

This is huge PR stuff right there.
Really amazing to see such a cooperation.

Also Ondar's Guile + Bow User of any kind using evasion gear = Fuck reflect forever.
ahhh first evasion was bad so i deleted 68 lvl character and start new,and now im gonna delete my lvl 68 ES lol because now evasion will be lot better then ruined ES :(,i think this nerf was good for a game though but just no luck for me :(,cant pass 68 at all lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info