0.11.2 Patch Notes

that twitch streaming update is so nice
In game name : bowtiful
I don't like your balance changes (in general) but the streaming changes are just WOW :)

I'm having a terrible time figuring out how to word this correctly, but will the quality of the video streamed still be determined by my own internet or will it go straight to twitch from the game server? As someone who really wants to stream but has shitty internet, i really hope its the second one >.<
Last edited by Venerac on Jul 15, 2013, 2:27:45 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
Fixed a bug where damage conversion to Chaos damage could be incorrect.

Any info on the exact changes?
Holy damn. Big congrats on getting that Twitch integration, especially. I hear the Twitch guys are good at supporting devs for popular streaming games.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
reboticon wrote:

"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Twitch Streaming:

With bazillions of problems pending, you wasted yours devs time on this useless feature? I'm very disappointed...

Also This.

I've never complained about the game in a post before, but every time a patch comes out, it ends up benefiting the lifers and is detrimental to those of us who have to work real jobs while spending our free time playing this game. I get that you guys want this game to be hardcore, but it's really starting to feel like the ones you care about are the no lifers, and most (not all) of them aren't the ones who give you guys donations. Maybe this isn't the place to speak up, but honestly each time it's a wedge between me and the game.

I'm also a bit puzzled why they bothered with the Twitch integration features. Very few people stream PoE, and I can count the number of people that do with any success on one hand. I also question whether those people will actually use these features or not.
Last edited by skyelar on Jul 15, 2013, 2:40:42 AM
"
Venerac wrote:
I'm having a terrible time figuring out how to word this correctly, but will the quality of the video streamed still be determined by my own internet or will it go straight to twitch from the game server? As someone who really wants to stream but has shitty internet, i really hope its the second one >.<

There's no way it'll come directly from their servers as the visuals are rendered on your computer. Unfortunately you're still limited by the quality of your internet connection, sorry bud!
"
reboticon wrote:
I've never complained about the game in a post before, but every time a patch comes out, it ends up benefiting the lifers and is detrimental to those of us who have to work real jobs while spending our free time playing this game. I get that you guys want this game to be hardcore, but it's really starting to feel like the ones you care about are the no lifers, and most (not all) of them aren't the ones who give you guys donations. Maybe this isn't the place to speak up, but honestly each time it's a wedge between me and the game.

The fuck are you talking about? Implying that only "no lifers" are interested in twitch streams is absolutely hysterical.

This is an awesome addition to the game. It will result in more exposure, and more people playing the game. I can't even fathom how those patch notes can upset some of you mongoloids. If you are so utterly repulsed by streaming services, you could just you know, not use it.

"
skyelar wrote:
I'm also a bit puzzled why they bothered with the Twitch integration features. Very few people stream, and I can count the number of people that do with any success on one hand. I also question whether those people will actually use these features or not.

You pretty much summed up why the integration is good with your first sentence. It will be integrated into the game, presumably making the streaming process superfluous, which would result in more than "just a few" people streaming. The big streamers will NOT use these features, because external programs like xsplit will be superior. This is meant for the people who don't want to deal with the complications of said programs.

For you people living under a box, twitch is been essential for gigantic growth of several games. A good example of this are the speedrunners, who now have massive exposure from streaming.

This change only helps. It's awesome.
I hope I'll get a respect on my ranger... It's my highest char (lvl 64) and with the changes done to the tree and my low equipment, it will be reduced to "bad" from "average".

I don't really want to reroll again from scratch without having any high level playable char... Especially because my two other mid level chars were going to go CI (that wasn't OP with my current equipment, but will probably now be unplayable).
"
Hercanic wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Iron Reflexes now no longer includes your Dexterity bonus to Evasion from your Evasion before it is converted to Armour.

Seems like everyone commenting on this stopped reading after the first part. The second part is there for a reason.

GGG can correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like Dexterity acted like a MORE multiplier.

So it would go from this:
IR Armor = (Evasion * Dexterity bonus) * (Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)

To this:
IR Armor = (Evasion) * (Dexterity bonus + Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)
No. Dexterity never applied "before" the conversion, and could not do so. That second part is technically incorrect, but is merely used to indicate that the reason Dexterity was applying because the evasion had been evasion before the conversion to armour. Evasion that is converted to armour no longer gets any bonus from dexterity.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 15, 2013, 7:15:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info