0.11.2 Patch Notes

This thread is going places with the whines and moronic posts.

I logged on my RoA mara which is IR user with some dex (>200 territory), I lost 3k armour after auras & 6k after granite. Which is ok, now armour stacking > IR + evasion gear + dex. If you are brainless and do not understand why this could not be that way, get a brain. Armour will still do it's job: being crap at big hits and mitigate small hits big time.

I logged on my ES discharger and lost an insignificant amount of ES after discipline. ES > HP with decent (not to speak godly) gear for every sort of character (melee, caster, ranger); the combo with Vaal Pact + Ghost Reaver still puts any life user to shame having hard time to break the 4k life barrier risking being stack-shoot/oneshoot in endgame a very real threat.

QQ more.
"
ventiman wrote:
(...) this does nothing to the guy with 8-10 k es and hits little player really hard

Totally agree.

"
Sebulous wrote:
as an HP character with low 2.5k Health pool, I feel no pity for people whining about losing ~7% ES but still have twice the health pool as most melee has. Does GGG even play melee?

That is funny by my calculation it is 11,2% of ES AND it is only that low because i got 3k ES
I only lost almost 400 es but still this lives me very vulnerable to stuns on maps. When the funn playing starts for me?

That first nerf was not that bad because not only ES got nerf but now it is just stupid.

If you always change finish line how can we sprint to the end and be happy at the finish line that we made it?

"Having a Key, having a game, Playing all day"
Life is just a game.
IGN: Twitch/Tox2
all keep QQ about es the hell with your guys problem life got nerf once ES got nerf twice and yea now people play onslaught so no koam heart but when its over u can see again top 10 usually people that use life as base (koam heart user) not people people that use ES and keep QQing and here i say ES can't be heal with potion like health and there is no item that make ES regenerate faster only thing that help is passive while life user can depend on the item to do so....

GGG come on man really u call this balancing??? Duelist already VERY OP in race and u still add more damage to this character on early lvl i wont complaint if u add more damage when they reach lvl 20~30 but in lvl less then 10 u can gain up to 40% increase damage + also can invest on life regen and life nod too. How can other type of character can keep up when duelist can do 100 dps per attack within lvl 5~6 (dual wielding cleave) while other class can only make 20~30 per attack/skill at the same lvl.. its like unofficially say to all player that they must play as duelist in short race event
Why, in the god's name, would CI ES get nerfed so badly ? Now I wonder if my CI shadow is viable at all...
IGN: Perpetual_War / Malacath_
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
@Mark_GGG : does the new 30% stun avoidance node stack additively or multiplicatively with the innate 50% stun avoidance from ES ? because according to the answer, I could just drop armor for evasion eventually.
ES technically does not provide chance to avoid a stun, it provides a chance to ignore one that was caused but not avoided.
Chance to avoid stun prevents that damage being stunning damage. ES kicks in later, when the damage is actually being applied, and has a 50% chance to ignore that the damage was determined to be stunning.
These are not doing the same thing, and apply at different times. They are not, and cannot be, additive with each other.

Thank you =).

I was asking because the wording on the wikipedia ( ES pages ) uses the same wording ( "As long as you have greater than 0 energy shield, you have an implicit 50% chance to avoid being stunned."

Need some tests to see if unwavering stance/Chayula is mandatory then for a melee ES char.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
This is obviously just a surface impression but to me this looks like the same old useless (doesn't accomplish what it was supposed to) re-balance topped with character nerfing GGG is becoming famous for. I don't play any evasion/dex based characters but will be interested to here what others say after playing some under the new patch
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Okay I definitely feel a LOT less safe with evasion instead of armor as secondary defense mechanism, but well I have more dps now ( and less points to spend too since the starting ranger part took more of it ).
And I just tested a lvl 66 map, not more yet.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Pulsahr wrote:
I usually never complain about patches balance, because I have blind faith in GGG work.
It is always after lot of tests, thoughts and hard work.
So, I should do as always, be patient, and wait for changes to be confirmed as the best choice.

Sorry, but not this time. I think there is a mistake a bout CI nerf. So, let's make a constructive feedback, from a player that is not a hardcore gamer (playing like 10-15h / week, ususally less).

So, as a CI witch player, I am a bit shocked by this nerf. I am losing 14% max ES with this (3 x -2% on minor nodes, -8% on notable if I understood patch notes correctly). Which even at my lvl 67 represents 500 ES, and my gear is just correct, not amazing.
I already have hard times surviving some of boss's attack : Kole often OS me. I haven't tried maps yet, because I still die too much in "normal" areas and thought I need to get better gears.

It will be worse now. Why ?

I mean ok, some hardcore gamers are probably abusing CI builds.
But nerfing should affect them, and only them (or mostly). You are making casual gamers like me desperate. I can't play 30h a week to get gears that makes CI overpowered. But now I can't survive enough to get better gears ?

As someone said in early pages, that's not by nerfing the passive that the CI build will no more be abused. The gear is the problem. You should not be able to reach 1000 ES on one piece of gear, that's the reason to me.
Because, that's a thing I don't have, and my char is really not overpowered, I still die a lot (not even in maps !), really. And sometimes I feel I shouldn't. But still, with decent (and not endgame) gear, CI doesn't make me invincible, really not.

Hope this feedback was interesting to read :)

Enough said. Nerf op ES items, but let the nodes like they were.
Please undo the CI nerf. It's not fair for casual players, while extrem players probably won't even notice the change.
i am playing La duellist,
i lost 2k armor from the patch, althought i understand, that IR had to be weakened, im frustrated that my ~~270 dex became a dead statt to me (i use IR + RT).

patch notes say:
"Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it."
does this mean evasion works against it? before that happens i wont play a evasion char :)

Also i lost 400dps (with LA, 4.4k -> 4k) and i have no idea why. nothing in the patch notes explains this. anyone got and idea or also lost dps? (i did not spec anywhere near the reworked ranger tree, expect IR).

About the es nerfs:
i dont think CI (e.g. the es notes behind it) had to be nerfed, but low life es builds did.
Last edited by 31415926535 on Jul 16, 2013, 8:41:06 AM
"
jamesl wrote:
==============================================================
"
elwindakos wrote:
People loses 6% of es in total.

They whine infinitely like little b****.

What the heck is all your problem people.I mean seriously,in a wall of text of changes,you whine on one line of text and more so insignificant one.Ci user here.

I cant even comprehend the whiners

the reason you can't comprehend the whiners is because you can't comprehend simple English

"
Qarl wrote:

The three increased maximum Energy Shield passives after Chaos Inoculation have been reduced to 6% from 8%.

Infused Shield has been reduced from 20% more maximum Energy Shield to 12%.

expect to see a lot of dead HC chars in the next couple of days as they over estimate their survivability

I'll take the word of the top ES players over you. They don't seem to have lost much. GGG starts with small changes instead of big sweeping ones. Expect more tweaking to life and ES up until October.

IR losing DEX is OK, but it hurt the wrong people. People that took a lot of DEX needed it and the people without DEX aren't affected. Overall, it's not a huge nerf anyway and I understand why it would be done.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info