0.11.2 Patch Notes

Iron Reflexes now no longer includes your Dexterity bonus to Evasion from your Evasion before it is converted to Armour.

Come on ... >_>
"
nynyny wrote:
I really dont get the Iron Reflex line.

To put it simply, Dexterity doesnt increase your Evasion Rating anymore when transfered into Armour, so having 200 Dexterity will give you literally nothing (except for some Accuracy) when you use Iron Reflexes, correct?

If thats the case it honestly is pants-on-head retarded.
Intelligence does absolutely zero if you use Blood Magic and don't have ES; Strength does absolutely zero if you have CI and don't use melee attacks or Iron Grip or Iron Will (except for minor adjustments to your stun/freeze/shock statuses).

I think this should be a specific drawback on the keystone, however, and not a rule. In general, conversion bonuses apply; for a conversion bonus not to apply, it should be specifically spelled out (e.g. Iron Reflexes gains "Your Evasion no longer benefits from points in Dexterity.") I won't be happy if this technicality is hidden.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 15, 2013, 6:55:38 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
General Balance:
  • Spell Block and Spell Dodge now apply to reflected Spell damage.
I have a question regarding Tempest Shield. If I deal damage to a monster, the damage is reflected, and then I block it, do I deal Tempest Shield damage to myself?

This! This is interesting! Though I suppose it would be considered a monster attack using your own damage / skill type base (projectile, attack, spell, aoe) and you would just have more chances of dealing damage to them with reflect

Oh and

Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it.

Werent armor and resists already working? I am doubt in now ... what do you mean by this?
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

"
Slider13 wrote:
Nerfing ES passives is horrible and shouldn't be done. The problem as always, and you don't get it, is that a piece of ES gear shouldn't be able to have 1000 ES on it. This is the exact same problem with Kaoms Heart. You have passives that are % based and you allow single hp/es stats to be ridiculously high, making any nerf to %s bigger for those that don't have best in slot gear and just a mere nuisance to those with the best gear. If you want to fix ES, lower the % bonus that gear can roll or the flat additional, don't nerf the stats that everyone relies on.

This is especially disappointing to anyone who either is or was thinking of playing a CI melee build with hybrid gear. it's that much harder to get the right amount of ES and armor now to survive, but for those that run and hide after they cast their totems, no big deal right?

Bridge the game between gear, don't screw people with passives "fixes".

this

The overall balance changes are kind of weird. Ok, obviously the guy who reworked the ranger part of the tree just loves the ranger. We have a ton of buffs. I don't know if the ranger was that weak, but maybe she was. I didn't play her enough to make a justified comment on the changes.

Now when it comes to CI, the nerf is just stupid. It's not really that ES is too strong - melee players are struggling, also casters/rangers can die as CI. Only totem builds are too strong because they always hide behind the fight.
The problem is that life was and probably still is too weak. Imho totally changing the ES TREE NODES to reduce the amount of ES obtainable is clearly a bad approach.

Your solution: Life is too weak...ok, let's make ES weaker as well?

We just needed items with more base life, problems solved.
Also you cannot take any potions after specing into CI, so there has to be a huge bonus to ES to offset that. Not just 6% like everywhere else. And not a hugely lowered multiplier..

http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Jul 15, 2013, 8:40:56 PM
Looks good as always, but why more ES nerfs?

Edit - I just re read the notes and noticed the infused shield reduction.

Not only do I want my skills points refunded, but all the time, effort & currency I put into making all my CI chars refunded because with less ES I am pretty sure my CI melee shadow will be struggling even more, as at level 80 I can't reach 4k ES and you feel that is to high.

Duno why you need to add nerf's into a great looking patch, and just make me feel "here we go again" type of crap.

:(

Last edited by Bipolartuna on Jul 15, 2013, 7:07:12 AM
"
"
Pewzor wrote:
So if the reflect damage uses your own accuracy and eva this means if I have Resolute Technique this means I will never ever evade my own attacks right?

Correct.

Unless youre Goku...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it.

Werent armor and resists already working? I am doubt in now ... what do you mean by this?
The two forms of mitigation which were not working are explicitly stated below. Also, if I remember correctly, armour was doing something (better than nothing) but acting wonky somehow.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 15, 2013, 7:01:06 AM
"
Ekolite wrote:

but here are the things that worry me(on paper at least), I feel that rangers got overbuffed. Now it feels that they now are excel at everything, they are much faster, deal more dmg with generous amounts of acc, and they got tankier too, this is alright if these options are far away from each other giving the player the choice in what to go for, but I doubt it is well thought for end game.

I wouldnt worry about this too much. Attack speed favours elemental damage, the lack of needing a mana leech gem favours blood magic when using high attack speed. What most ranger builds need, be it melee or ranged, is life base, pref blood magic, life regen and weapon elemental damage. As long as these things are in bigger quantities in the marauder and templar areas the ranger will always be shit at elemental weapon attack speed builds compared to marauder, duelist and templar, and thats the vast majority of ranger builds.

Id be worried that despite all the changes, what you need for you ranger will always be on the opposite side of the tree and your build will still be less efficient than starting as a marauder. Without any phys damage support gems for bows and attack speed favouring ele, most of what they do still seems to revolve around nodes a million miles away.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 15, 2013, 7:02:20 AM
It's RANGERTIME!

GJ.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
"
Pewzor wrote:
So if the reflect damage uses your own accuracy and eva this means if I have Resolute Technique this means I will never ever evade my own attacks right?
Correct.
Unless youre Goku...
You're doing it wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info