[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

@Crytyas
Well it will work, though if you are using Daresso you don't need Endurance charge on stun.
And for the great old one ... everyone knows my opinion on this shield - gaining rather needles dps ( if you have enough dps already ) while providing less life butchering your armour tremendously.

As for the Golem you don't really care if he's slow or fast .. you just need the buff. With that said he does die quite a lot but it gets better with minion life or minion resistances and i imagine it will be even better with a 20/20% golem.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Btw guys regarding the rare jewels this is the ideal rare jewel that you can own:

prefixes
16% increased Physical Damage
7% increased maximum Life

suffixes
12% increased Area Damage
12% increased Melee Damage

Only the Crimson(red) jewel can roll of these mods.

Oh and the reworked Punishment curse is absolutely the best offense curse out there! So if you want an offensive curse this is the one for you
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 16, 2015, 7:06:43 AM
Ok, Korgoth understood.

My idea with the charges was to find a way to continuously use the "Immortal Call" at average levels (around 1000 damage). Ok, maybe I did not understand the functioning of Daresso since I've never used this armour so far ...;)

I know my jewelry and my boots are crap. I'm using for lack of anything better. However, I have some jewelry with a better physical damage but with little or no elemental resistance/life.

When you said in the guide that I need to have my resistance "capped" you refer to what level? 75/75/75 or 100/100/100 on Merciless? Currently, with these jewels that I'm using, I'm around 95/95/95 and this sometimes is not enough even if using the flasks.

I'm sorry if you've answered something like this before ... Thanks!

??? Doubt ???
What happens to the evolution / quality of "Punishment"?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Punishment

Last edited by Zatlan on Jul 16, 2015, 8:22:44 AM
Man you need to have 75% all res in merciless. In merciless you get -60% all res, so that means that in order to cap your resistances you need to have 135% to all resistances from your gear,bandit reward and passive skill tree combined!

If you have a total of 95/95/95 to all res that means that in merciless you have 35/35/35 all res .. and that's not even half-capped. The cap in Path of Exile is 75% and when i say capped i mean 75% actual resists not 75% resists from your gear because as explained thats only 35% resists in merciless.

Punishment at level 5 gives 27% more damage and 14% increased attack speed.

]
As for immortal call ... honestly .. you don't need immortal call.
No, I'm on 95/95/95 on Merciless. About. In fact a little more than that. Something like 90/105/95, do not remember. I'm not playing now.

Ok, apparently I'm not as bad as I thought. I'll check my trunk to see if I can find something better. I will also take a checked in Punishment, as have a quality 15 reserved waiting. Thanks.

Last edited by Zatlan on Jul 16, 2015, 9:17:51 AM
Let me make something clear 95/95/95 on Merciless still means that you effectively have and use 75%/75%/75% of them since that's the cap ( well 76%/75%/75% if you have barbarism )
Hi Korgoth,
I've used the facebreaker gloves only for leveling last season, but it was insanely fun to play with those things so this season im gonna go for it :) Your guide has already been bookmarked a year ago as it is by far the most detailed guide i've seen so far. I was realy happy to see it updaded. Huge thumbs up for that!!
Now my suggestion:
You already mentioned the unique jewels: Martial Artistry and Warlord's Reach. Have you thought about adding Mantra of Force as well?

I have to admit, i didnt read the whole posts below your guide, there are just too many of them :) Probably someone already has suggested it. But you haven't mentioned that jewel in your guide yet and it seems pretty good imo. You have at least two buffs you pretty much can rely on: Fortify and Blood Rage. I dont know if auras are considered as a buff. If yes you even got four buffs! Onslought is also a buff you get from time to time if you use daresso's defiance. Oh and i nearly forgot to mention the golem buff and the reworked punishment curse also providing two pretty reliable buffs (at least if you aren't too lazy to curse and resummon ;) ). Also your tempest shield should be a buff. So if auras count as buffs you should have 7 buffs available. To even push this further you can equip an animate guardian with Leer cast and Dying Breath. Im using this with my summoner right now but i dont know how tanky he is without minion nodes. In my setup he is pretty much invincible. I guess you have to equip him with really good rare boots, gloves and chest to make this work. For dmg too amazing to be true use a headhunter. But i think this is nothing you wanna fight atziri with as meginords is much more reliable :D
Unfortunately this jewel seems too rare to drop. At least its neither on sale in the current warbands league nor in standard :/ So i guess even if someone sells it, it will be too expensive for me to try it.... Probably you are luckier (and wealthier) than me to get one of these and try it.
Give me your thougths about it pls. Gonna go on leveling for now :)
Last edited by Garrinch on Jul 16, 2015, 10:22:41 AM
I'm glad that you've decided to take on the Facebreaekrs, i'm sure that you'll have tons of fun ^^
Now about the Mantra of force it is not just "pretty good" it is completely broken and insane. And because of all that it no longer exists - it didn't make it into the game at all. It was reworked and now it is the Mantra of Flames jewel which does pretty much the same but instead of physical damage it gives fire damage .. which is absolutely useless for Facebreaekrs.
Oh well, you have been too fast for me edditing :D
Too bad they reworked it, but it really seemed to be too op :)
Well as much as i want to be even more powerful ... this was just waaay too much. A wise decision to get rid of it in my opinion :P

When i found out about it i thought ( and discussed too actually ... not sure at what page ... so many pages now ... ) that it just can't be released like that. There were 2 possible options - t make it something like 1-2 physical damage per buff ( which would make it useful only for facebreakers ) or to remove it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info