[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I am fairly new to the game so bare with me here...if i run hatred and determination that leaves me with 0 mana so how am i supposed to run this "Level 1 Cast When Damage Taken + Level 5 Curse of your choice + Level 5 Tempest Shield" i tried linking them to blood magic but i guess that doesn't work...am i missing something? thanks in advance
That was deep, KorgothBG. Almost made me regret rolling a squsihy this time.

I have to say, every time I start playing, you're always super active and helpful. I think you're the most impressive person I've seen on the forums. Props to you, good sir.

Yeah, complimenting KorgothBG was pretty much the reason for my posting. Well, lamenting the Facebreaker nerf and making me mentally unable to play it in temp leagues, too.
i'm with korgothbg here. it's really pointless to add more damage at a certain threshold. at that threshold i always start adding rarity/quantity instead.

if you are already one shotting most white monsters what are you gonna do with more dps one shot them twice? just ridiculous. but to each their own. we don't all have to be the same. then the world would be pretty boring i guess.
Hi KorgothBG and Others. Thank you for the amazing guide.

Unfortunately I started Scion before seeing this guide, so I am not sure if I am at a big disadvantage. If you have a spare minute, do you think you could look over my character's passive tree and gear, and give me a few tips on what I can do to improve myself?

Thank you so much. (Hype just got my 6L! =))!

P.S. (I Know my rare jewels are pretty bad i'm trying to buy better ones but with the new league its difficult T_T)
Last edited by Closimir on Jul 15, 2015, 4:36:56 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
i'm with korgothbg here. it's really pointless to add more damage at a certain threshold. at that threshold i always start adding rarity/quantity instead.

if you are already one shotting most white monsters what are you gonna do with more dps one shot them twice? just ridiculous. but to each their own. we don't all have to be the same. then the world would be pretty boring i guess.

The DPS could easily help kill bosses. Faster boss dies, less chance for the boss to do anything to kill you. Right now comparing both Marauder and Duelist, it's between having about 250 health vs 3-4k more DPS. I'm not sure which one would win out honestly. 250 seems like nothing. 4k seems quite a bit.
@Pango1981
Quoted from the guide ^^
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Note that the spells trigged by Cast When Damage Taken are "free" - they don't cost any mana at all!

@kompaniet
Btw now much more rares drop in maps which is great

@renroval
Honestly that choice isn't that crucial anyway so don't think too much about it... and there are always orbs of regret to change things :)
By the way i'd much rather grab 3x5% life from the big life circle than Profane Chemistry for 9% life and 50% life recovery from flasks.
And of course the best thing to do with these 3 points would be to grab an extra jewel and buy/craft a good rare one. For example i have a 20% inc damage + 7% life ... and a jewel can actually have much more. :)

@Clerith
Thanks for the kind words man! You know... i see my guides like an obligation if you will... obligation to you guys... and i do my best to do my part on the bargain. On your part i just expect you to have good times with my guide! ^^
Is the nerf that bad? Isn't it just the meginord's girdle ? Sure it will make low-mid levels a bit harder but at some point it shouldn't be noticeable.

@Closimir
Well the scion is bit less optimized for this build but it's not that bad.
Btw don't be afraid of the shield defense nodes - they are extremely powerful with Lioneye's Remorse and will buff your armour a lot. I'd say at least grab the 2x1% block + 30% shield defenses in the scion start and the 1x1%block + 25% shield defense behind solidity.
As for the gear ...an amulet with some more physical comes to mind ( while still having T1 life ) ... btw you could master craft something on your current one... but nothing really THAT important - you've got very good gear!
Btw props man! Very fast leveling and gear acquiring in the new league! Very impressive!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@KorgothBG thanks I guess I skipped right over that part...doh!
I meant the 1000% to 800% Facebreaker damage nerf from way back. No way to get legacy Facebreaker in the temp leagues ^^'.

The build I'm following right now turned into mana pot chugging with the leech changes, and the author is kinda awol. I'm feeling way too tempted to roll a blood magic melee character, say, like a Facebreaker :D

I'll confessing something embarrassing, because why the hell not: I rolled a Facebreaker long ago, as a Marauder. Got to the level to equip the gloves, tried it out, and quit the character and the game 10 minutes later because of the disgusting attack animation. That, and I actually hate the aesthetics of an unarmed guy with a huge tower shield.

Still, playing as melee is usually more fun in arpgs, and this honestly looks the most solid melee build right now.
@Clerith
Oh you mean the old nerf! I see.
Well to like how your character looks like is important! Actually i never used tempest shield because of its out of place flashy animation ... i hate flashy things in games. I'm using it now sadly but just because it doesn't trigger that often and because it doesn't stay up very long.

I prefer playing as a melee character in aRPGs and i like then as tanky as possible ... i like to be relaxed when i play .. so i prefer not to worry too much about tactics, manual dodging stuff etc.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 15, 2015, 6:01:35 AM
An additional thing that I find very convenient about this build is that you only need a 23 all attributes Abyssus to run the int requirements of the skills KorgothBG himself is running. You don't need it anywhere else, at all. And you get more than enough str and dex on the tree.

Little to eventually no worrying about attributes.

100% hit thanks to RT.

No need to worry about effing mana, thanks to BM.

Super tanky and good dps passively, all you need to do is spam your skill of choice.

This build is super convenient, isn't it?

Though getting enough resists with phys rolls from the other gear can cost a bit...

I'm just talking myself into wanting to try the Facebreaker again, lol.

@KorgothBG and omg yes, running from a generic boss cause you're too squishy and having to worry about hp mana temp buffs charges aoe god knows what else is the worst :D
Last edited by Clerith on Jul 15, 2015, 6:39:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info