[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Yes, it improves your defenses a bit but at what cost ?
You need to use purity of lightning instead of determination .... and just by loosing determination you are loosing more physical mitigation than what you get from the lightning coil. And pretty much that's all that the chest does for you ... mediocre life, armour and evasion and thats it!
Lightning coil was godly when we could get very hight amounts of max lightning res now .. that's not really the case ... you still get 1/4 of the converted damage.

! The downside of the abyssus is a joke really ... and nothing to be afraid of.

Don't forget the following fact regarding the abyssus downside. The damage taken increase is applied AFTER the armour reduction

a quote from Mark on the matter :

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
Does it come after armor reduction or before any mitigation is applied?
After. Modifiers to the amount of Damage Taken always apply after mitigation.
The Attackers modifiers to damage (dealt) are applied to work out the base damage of the hit, then the defender's armour/resistances/other mitigation are applied to this to work out damage taken. This value is then affected by any and all modifiers to damage taken.

let me try to explain it with the following example:
Lets say that you take a hit for 100 physical damage and lets say that you mitigate half of it with your armour and also you are wearing abyssus. Now many people think that with abyssus you you take 100 physical damage + 40 physical damage from your abyss for a total of 140 and then you'll reduce 50 points of that damage so in the end you'll take 90 points of physical damage. Well that is just not true. What happens is that the 100 damage is first reduced by 50 from your armour and then the remaining 50 is increased by 40% and in the end you take 70 points of damage. That's a huge difference and something that everyone should be aware of.

Anyway i've got sidetracked ... the point is that Abyssus isn't nearly as scary as many think.

As for Lightning Coil .. again .. you gain some resistance vs physical by converting a portion of it, but at the same time you loose protection again vs physical by not using determination, by using a low armour chest, by not getting easy endurance charges or not having 6% dodge ( compared to Daresso ) by getting mediocre life ( compared to Belly of the beast ) So in the end the lightning coil is not bad but it's not really worth it ... not in this case anyway, not with the other alternatives.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 14, 2015, 4:07:30 PM
Not a fan of Lightning Coil for FB build for a few reasons.

1) Your armor is more than enough already to handle the increased physical damage from Abyssus. Seriously, it's hardly noticeable.

2) You need to crank your Lightning resist up. That means more passives for Lightning Resist, Purity of Lightning (removing either Determination or Hatred from your aura slot, a huge cost), and pushing hard for lightning resist on gear. I love Lightning Coil in general, but not for this build (and not as much in the new era of fewer auras per character).

3) Daresso's Defiance and Belly of the Beast just plain have better mods for Facebreaker. Belly gives you more resists, more life, flask recovery and about the same armor as Lightning Coil. Daresso's gives you Onslaught, more armor and evasion, life leech, dodge, and endurance charges. Lightning Coil can't compare to those unique armors, IMHO.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Last edited by Eustacio on Jul 14, 2015, 4:04:59 PM
Add phase run to your CWDT setup.

i.e. CWDT + phase run + curse + tempest shield.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I don't really like it ... it eats my frenzy charges and the duration is ridiculously low.
Again please note that thi is personal preference, and by no means i'm not saying that just because i don't like and use it no one should too!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
What are the main differences between the duelist and the marauder tree? Is one better than the other? What does one have over the other?
Honestly no difference whatsoever ... 99% of the tree is the same. There are some differences while leveling though again nothing huge. Duelist has easy access to the Revelry node which makes casting with mana during your low to mid levels a piece of cake! On the other hand the marauder can quickly grab the Resolute Technique passive .. so no more misses for you very early on.

EDIT:
I've updated some stuff ( flame dash, phase run, golems, added shield charge and more! )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 14, 2015, 5:38:02 PM
How big a difference would 36% increase in physical damage be in end game? Like if you had three skill points left, would you invest in skill nodes totaling 36% increase in physical damage or say 9% increase in maximum life?

Also, it seems like duelist has access to more damage maybe? The two starting nodes gives him 26% more damage than the marauder counterpart.

Last edited by renroval on Jul 14, 2015, 6:50:39 PM
Sry double post, dont know how to delete it.
Last edited by Phlexx on Jul 14, 2015, 6:26:03 PM

This is my setup(ignore random gems), with herald of ash and hatred(from friend) i have ~22k tooltip dps on cyclon. My passive is almost same as yours but you only have more hp nodes,so my question is, how did u get such huge tooltip dps on your setup. What am i doing wrong?
Last edited by Phlexx on Jul 14, 2015, 6:23:15 PM
@renroval

"Also, it seems like duelist has access to more damage maybe? The two starting nodes gives him 26% more damage than the marauder counterpart."

Marauder has 2 starting points - one with life and one with damage. Actually the first 2 points of the marauder give you 28% inc melee physical while the first 2 points of the duelsit 26^inc physical and +14 max life. But really there are tons of physical damage nodes around the tree ready to be taken if you have passives and desire to do so. And of course there is no problem to start with a duelist and to grab the starting points of the marauder at some point and vice versa.

Now how big is 36% inc physical end-game .. well not that insanely big .. but the same applies to 9% life. It's up to you to decide.

@Phlexx
Well many .. so many things are different actually.
More physical damage from my left ring compared to yours
More physical damage from my right ring compared to yours
More physical damage from my amulet compared to yours
More physical damage from my now legacy meginord's girdle compared to yours
More physical damage from my 1000% facebreaekrs compared to yours 745%
Do you use blood rage ?
Do you use Fire golem ?
As for the tree i get 12% increased attack speed and i get 76% increased damage more than you .

So yeah ... those are the reason why you have lower dps

Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 14, 2015, 6:48:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info