[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
9nines wrote:
Any chance you can help me?? looking for a RF facebreaker build....

I'm sorry mate .. i've never seen one in existence ... and in my honest opinion i don't think that it's worth it at this point. Going a classic FB or a classic RF would be much, much ( much! ) better ... as far as i can see those 2 don't have nothing in common so i really fail to see why theya re beneficial to each other ... but perhaps i ( and everyone else ) am missing something ? Care to explain your idea ?

Furthermore what does Cloak of Flames has to do with RF or FB builds ?
Where is your Rise of the Pheonix shield ?
Pyre is not really a good ring for RF or for FB...

I'm sorry to say that but i honestly believe that you are not quite familiar with RF builds .. or FB builds .. or both ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 22, 2015, 8:01:24 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
9nines wrote:

I'm sorry mate .. i've never seen one in existence ... and in my honest opinion i don't think that it's worth it at this point. Going a classic FB or a classic RF would be much, much ( much! ) better ... as far as i can see those 2 don't have nothing in common so i really fail to see why theya re beneficial to each other ... but perhaps i ( and everyone else ) am missing something ? Care to explain your idea ?

I'm sorry to say that but i honestly believe that you are not quite familiar with RF builds .. or FB builds .. or both ...

Sorry about the cloak,it was a misclick becuase I was trying to post between map runs.I know FB builds are high hp and high phys dmg while with RF needs a high hp regen in order to combat the effects and high fire resist. I was just thinking where FB gets in close,that having RF going it would add in dps and provide a sort of crowd control.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
9nines wrote:

Hey! to further explain what the problem is with what you want to do: all the "Ignite duration, chance to ignite, ignited enemies are destroyed on kill" mods don't work with righteous fire, you see righteous fire is not a hit, it doesn't actually hit the target, it is just a aoe fire degeneration effect, to ignite something you have to actually hit it. Second i don't know why you want to mix facebreaker with righteous fire maybe you wanted the damage boost that righteous fire gives? well in that case it doesn't work either, righteous fire gives a damage boost to spell damage, and facebreaker doesn't affect spells, in fact i don't think you can cast spells while unarmed.
Hope i helped.
SemtexVa

Edit 1: i don't see how righteous fire gives you any kind of crowd control
Last edited by SemtexVa on Apr 22, 2015, 9:14:41 PM
Awww k,the way i was told about RF it was considered a hit.
"
9nines wrote:

something like this https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2MRYPfxfP_ZI7w4UIORRUEcJ9tR8Bg4n7Rku1I9nm89-rY3ZYXzZ9zJyqcT2aPKvbEz_PC1TpQxfHKfGrqIA8B_AZgSzmjvhc4Kb73yf3ycv7DiQVRo42L3-Crc--ehBh5Sg2mJodFNSRZ2a4OvuKPqCx4TZAdy-ingNMglybGxGqW41krXyvTZHfr6nZU2E7wUteu907SfV42oWb_rSZp7AGiSwFy9Co4Ckr40dFHGFeuZG12P9wYIvzLaKYuxboKdVfA4= ? with IB, avatar of fire and rise of the phoenix so you will have no problems with ref, cloak of flame could also be used when you get high max fire resist I see it working but I do not think it will be any better than just going a full facebreaker build or RF build.
Write random stuff here
The tree that RunMyWay posted is good ( who i would've taken Holy Fire :P ) for what you want to do and at the same time it shows perfectly why FB just doesn't fit it. The proposed tree is close to a pure RF build which is needed to sustain the RF but that leaves the FB part rather useless - the survivability is less ( due to less block chance ), the DPS is far less due to the lack of dps related passives ( and due to Avatar of fire )... and because of all that FB doesn't really fit in. Actually FB hurts your RF! Why ? Because you need to use the facebreaker gloves and they don't have any life ( and that's number 1 priority for RF ). With FB you want to use AByssus for the flat physical damage .. again an item without any life.. and if you just won't use one ... then why go FB anyway?
Avatar of fire in my opinion is not good for FB becasue it's not easy to scale the damage without the use of weapon elemental damage passives ... and those don't work with unarmed attacks. Furthermore it does nothing to RF and it's actually bad for RF. Because with RF you want to use Elemental Equilibrium for extra enemy resistance penetration. That is usually achieved by having some cold or lightning damage while at the same time having no fire damage at all and hitting your enemies with an attack ( usually cyclone ). With avatar of fire you have only fire damage .. so scratch that awesome damage boosting mechanic off your list.

@SemtexVa
Just for the record : not that it matters but you can cast spells while unarmed :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 23, 2015, 6:07:26 AM
Another small but nice change in the beta!
Concentrated effect now reduces the area of effect radius with 25% instead of 30%.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Another small but nice change in the beta!
Concentrated effect now reduces the area of effect radius with 25% instead of 30%.

Hey! current concentrated effect is 30% reduced area of effect, beta concentrated effect is 25% LESS area of effect
Last edited by SemtexVa on Apr 23, 2015, 6:01:43 PM
Ah damn you are right! In that case .. it's not that nice at all .. :/
AND on top of that it's now 40% more damage at level 1 instead of 50%
at least the mana multiplier is 140% now it used to be 160%

I understand from where this change comes from .. the gem was kind of overpowered ... they could keep the old AoE reduction tho in my opinion .. the difference is not that big now but there is still some... here are some calculations (not made by me ) :
Spoiler
With 30% Reduced and let's say 33% Increased (the current value of a lv20 Increased AoE gem), you end up with 103% AoE (100+33-30).
With 25% Less and the same 33% Increased, you end up with 99.75% ((100+33)*.75). Not the biggest change.
If we tack on some more %Increased then things change a little.
Let's say you have a lv20 Inc AoE Gem for 33%, as well as the templar and witch nodes for an additional 40%.
With the current 30% Reduced on Conc Effect you'll end up with 143% AoE size (100+33+40-30).
With the new 25% Less, you end up with 129.75% AoE size ((100+33+40)*.75).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 23, 2015, 6:09:31 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ah damn you are right! In that case .. it's not that nice at all .. :/

Also, lower lvl concentrated effect gives less damage than current concentrated effect, don't know about high levels tho.
I guess the 4 unarmed range + the 25% inc aoe while unarmed will make up for it.
Last edited by SemtexVa on Apr 23, 2015, 6:12:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info