[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

i just read that there will be new unarmed gloves like Facebreakers, called "Doryani's Fist"

-> i just hope the new gloves will be so awsome like facebreakers :)
Yeah i saw that datamined info too.. but sadly nothing is known about these gloves yet.
Perhaps they will look like the Dominus gloves? ( based on the GGG goatman unarmed lightning punch gif shown awhile back )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 28, 2015, 6:30:43 PM
Hey guys!
So i've been playing the Beta in the past 2 days ... testing melee etc.
And even though i haven't played a facebreaker i have some idea of to what i'll do with my FB build when the expansion hits the live servers ( if the things taht i'll talk about now stay relatively the same of course ^^ )

So first the Fortify support.
On paper it sounded awesome ... and when i have actually tried it .. it is indeed awesome! This one is definitely a must! In the case of IB/DB i'll use it instead of Added Fire Damage and in the case of Cyclone i'll most likely use it instead of the Increased AoE support gem ( once i have the inc unarmed AOE and/or the +4 unarmed radius jewels ). What can i say .. damage + great defenses in a single gem .. and it's a buff .. so it will give even more damage with the X-X flat phys damage per buff jewel!

The golems.
I've tried the fire golem and it is extremely nice. My biggest concern with the golems was that they might lack life thus dying fast ... and i just hate spamming buffs ( and yea .. the golem is pretty much a buff imo ) every couple of second instead of .. you know .. killing things. But the fire golem is great so far! At level 7 it has roughly around 3300 life and since it has ranged attacks it rarely takes any hits at all. And on top of that it has an energy shield to further boost its tankiness. Not to mention the cool damage buff it provides - 15% increased damage at level 1 ( 17% at level 7 ).. and of course it once again gives even more damage with the X-X flat phys damage per buff jewel! The chaos golem seems nice too with its defensive buff but the problem with it is that it's a melee golem ( meaning that it will die more often ) and it has very high int requirements. The ice golem is no good for Facebreakers. It is also a spell so the CWDT can trigger it ... but since you'll want the golem to be max level the CWDT should be max level too ... idk .. i'll probably self-cast it it really dies very rarely so it's ok. So yea i'll definitely use a fire golem.

Warcries.
The warcries are all nice ... buuuut ... you know me .. as i said before ( even in this post ) i really don't like constantly recasting buffs ... and since the warcries won't work with CWDT i'll probably won't use any. But that's just me :)

The fate of Riposte.
I'll most likely get rid of Riposte. It's not nearly as good as Reckoning and honestly i can use the gem slots for something better. I have RWGG colors in my corrupted facereakers so i'm thinking about Blood Magic + Fire Golem + Blood Rage + Phase Run( it's not out yet .. but i'm sure that it will be awesome and extremely useful )

Jewels?
Well besides the 3-4 truly awesome unique jewels ( i've talked about them a few pages back ) it seems like the rare ones are not that good for a facebreaker ... sure they can be awesome but it's just so hard to roll a good one ... and after using up the easy to get jewel slots for the uniques you'll need to spend ~3 passive skill points for each rare jewel that you want to use and i'm not sure that it will be worth it unless you own a truly amazing rare jewel and again .. it seems like those are pretty hard to get.

Blood Rage
I've been thinking a lot about this buff ... on one hand i really and i mean really like my high life regen and blood rage will "eat" some of that regen...
but on the other hand it gives
nice life leech
frenzy charges which now give not only attack sped but also 4% more damage ( yup thats "more" and not "increased"
and of course blood rage is a buff ... so more flat physical damage with the crazy X-X flat phys damage per buff jewel!
So i'll most likely use this buff.

New chest?
I've been thinking more and more about using a Daresso's Defiance instead of Carcass Jack. With the great AOE jewels the 20% inc. aoe of the carcass won't be that needed and with the lack of enduring cry wit CWDT and riposte + endurance charges on stun the mod of the Daresso's Defiance that gives an endurance charge on kill would be very helpful ... also the chest gives life leech and armour ... but i haven't decided that yet ... we'll see.
I should mention that if yo are using IC ( be it selfcasted or in CWDT setup ) and you want to continue to do so in the awekening then daresso is not a good idea becase you loose all charges when you take a hit and get onslaught instead.

New Helmet?
So with what seems to be many and huge dps buffs ( mainly the X-X flat phys damage per buff jewel ) i'm thinking about loosing the Abyssus... sure with it i'll be able to reach great amounts of dps without being any less tanky ( compared to how tanky i am now ). But as i've said before - i don't really need more than 45k dps with cyclone ( that's a lot more with flasks of course ) so if i can reach those amounts of dps without abyssus i'll probably switch to Devoto's Devotion. It reduces the phys dps a bit but increases your attack speed to counter that. It gives massive chaos resist ( which will be very appreciated once i start using Blood rage ) and insane dexterity ( not that i need that much dex .. but still it's nice ) and the best part - 20% increased movement speed! That extra movement speed really works wonders with cyclone and greatly improves the clear speed! I would really want to use it instead of the Abyssus .. but we'll see.

These are my thoughts so far ... for now it seems that the facebreaker builds will be buffed greatly and i really can't wait to see the final product and how it will affect this build ( once i have the unique jewels of course )

So guys tell me if i've missed something or if i got something wrong. :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 2, 2015, 5:46:18 AM
Hi thanks for testing.

How's the new cyclone? Can it be run in a 6L without blood magic?
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Oh yeah forgot to mention that!
The mana cost of cyclone indeed is much lower.
But the skill still is very mana hungry and even without any support gems linked to it and with only 30% of my mana being reserved i find it difficult to maintain it long enough even with small amounts of mana leech. I haven't tested it ( yet ) with things like Shaper and Mana Flows + mana leech. I'm pretty sure that at higher levels it can be easily used with some mana leech and mana regen but at low levels that seems a bit hard. I guess with some mana on kill nodes or items it would be much easier for the lower levels ( that is if you are to any of those ). But in my opinion at a high level with 5 support gems it can be used without BM but it's not that easy and it's not worth it - you need to spend some passives to make it work, and you'll no longer be able to reserve all of your mana, and of course there is the problem with the half/no regen map mods, also you'll probably want to carry around a mana flask ... i don't know .. it's seems like way too much trouble for an extra socket to me.
on the topic of switching equipment, especially dropping abyssus:
What about a shield change?

I thought lioneye's remorse was mainly used to dampen the abyssus increased damage taken.
Great old for more damage if it somehow gets too low (dont know how much damage is needed for the "new endgame")?
Saffels frame is also generally cool.
Im even considering a skill tree detour for +1 curse (unless I can get a cheap +1 curse corruption wich seems unlikely. I already use enfeeble with cwdt) and sentari's answer shield.

Also for the +damage/buff jewel and maximizing gemslots for those buffs: After your consideration of dropping riposte, how important is the remaining reckoning? As a blood magic cycloner I hardly ever stop spinning anyway.

edit: love the devotos mov.speed; but depending on the final aura/buff jewel thing keeping alphas howl in mind
Last edited by cullschmall on May 1, 2015, 1:24:17 PM
Well i really prefer to stick to lioneye's remorse. It's true taht without abyssus we won't need as much armour ut lioneye contributes to 3/4 of my armour .. and i don't want to drop that, as for saffell .. t's good on swap but using it 24/7 with that "cannot block attacks" and that includes your own reflect damage .... that's not wise at all.
So yea i'll stick to Lioneye but that doesn't mean that The old one's ward ( i have one atm btw :P ) won't be viable .. hell many use it even now! Bt again ... i prefer to have too much defenses instead of too much damage but that's just me :)

About reckoning .. what does the non-stop cycloning has to do with reckoning ? Anyway reckoning triggers extremely often ( even if you don't notice it ) it deal insane damage it generates endurance charges with endurane charge on stun and it gives nice healing spikes with LGoH ... and the AoE is just very good ... it's not 100% needed but really can't think of something that i'd use instead of it ( that i won't be using alongside with reckoning )

as for the alpha ... i'm pretty sure that it won't be enough in order to fit in another aura you'll need to grab more aura nodes .. and that means more points spend and ... idk .. i don't think that it would be worth it at this point. And devoto man ... trust me it's awesome! I've used it a bit instead of abyssus just to test it out .. and that extra movement speed really makes a difference , so does the chaos res while using Blood Rage.
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 1, 2015, 1:44:44 PM
http://poeurl.com/zlDP4NZ

check out this scion tree and lemme know what you think :)
Well ... you put waaaaay too much into damage passives ( and you really don't need that many damage/attack speed nodes) ... and not nearly enough life and block. I wouldn't recommend such a tree but feel free to try it out and if it's not too much of a problem post the results here because i'm always curious to find out how different variations of the facebreaker builds work out :)
What do you think about MS > FA?
Is it true that movementspeed is superior and does more damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info