[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Yup i was just editing my previous post while you wrote yours :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well played sir
Hey guys i was asked "What counts as a buff" regarding this new jewel? And how good it actually is for a facebreaker build ?

Ok so first of all i need to mention that the possible roll are (3-5)-(8-12) and for the following examples i'll use a perfectly rolled jewel ( 5-12 physical damage per buff )

So what counts as a buff(that is useful for a FB build)?
Well all auras count as a buff, herald of ash count as a buff, tempest shield count as a buff, molten shell count as a buff, blood rage count as a buff, immortal call is a buff, the new fortify buff is .. a buff, the auras of the dominated minions count as a buff, also the new golem buffs are .. well .. buff.
The Enduring cry in the closed beta now gives life regen for a brief duration i'm not sure if that will count as a buff but it might!

So at the moment i'm using 2 auras + herald and i'll surely use fortify all the time so thats 4 buffs and that means 20-48 flat physical damage ! Now if is start using Blood rage ( and i think i will ) i'll have 25-60 flat physical damage! ANd with a golem up thats 30-72!
If you are using Dominating blow you can plenty of auras from the dominated rares so those numbers will be even better!

So this jewel can be the biggest flat physical damage item for facebreaker builds in the entire game!
Think of it as a second Abyssus! And you know how much Abyssus gives!

I'm actually considering the possibility to stop using Abyssus and start using Devoto Devotion instead for more tankiness ... you know me ... i prefer absurd tankiness instead of absurd dps! :)

In any case ... this jewel is a must! Even if it get's nerfed a bit it will still be insanely good!

Oh and .. if you play in a party ... with guys with different auras ... man... talking about overpowered items ...

Also wonder if the effects of some unique flasks count as buffs ? The usual stuff that flasks give ( like chaos res, or max fire res, or armour ) are not buffs .. but what about the effects of Taste of Hate for example or the chaos damage/leech of the Atziri flask ? Does anyone knows if those are or are not buffs?

P.S. Oh just found that Phase Run will return with the Aweking! That's absolutely awesome! Finally something that will compensate the facebreakers builds for the lack of movement skills like leap slam and whirling blades! Oh and .. it's also a buff :)

So many awesome skills .... not .. enough .. sockets!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 24, 2015, 6:08:23 AM
That sounds soooo good. Too good .... I just hope ggg wont nerf facebreaker. Its just heaven until now :)
I doubt that they will nerf facebreakers but they'll probably tune down a bit the new things that will buff the facebreakers.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hey guys i was asked "What counts as a buff" regarding this new jewel? And how good it actually is for a facebreaker build ?

Ok so first of all i need to mention that the possible roll are (3-5)-(8-12) and for the following examples i'll use a perfectly rolled jewel ( 5-12 physical damage per buff )

So what counts as a buff(that is useful for a FB build)?
Well all auras count as a buff, herald of ash count as a buff, tempest shield count as a buff, molten shell count as a buff, blood rage count as a buff, immortal call is a buff, the new fortify buff is .. a buff, the auras of the dominated minions count as a buff, also the new golem buffs are .. well .. buff.
The Enduring cry in the closed beta now gives life regen for a brief duration i'm not sure if that will count as a buff but it might!

So at the moment i'm using 2 auras + herald and i'll surely use fortify all the time so thats 4 buffs and that means 20-48 flat physical damage ! Now if is start using Blood rage ( and i think i will ) i'll have 25-60 flat physical damage! ANd with a golem up thats 30-72!
If you are using Dominating blow you can plenty of auras from the dominated rares so those numbers will be even better!

So this jewel can be the biggest flat physical damage item for facebreaker builds in the entire game!
Think of it as a second Abyssus! And you know how much Abyssus gives!

I'm actually considering the possibility to stop using Abyssus and start using Devoto Devotion instead for more tankiness ... you know me ... i prefer absurd tankiness instead of absurd dps! :)

In any case ... this jewel is a must! Even if it get's nerfed a bit it will still be insanely good!

Oh and .. if you play in a party ... with guys with different auras ... man... talking about overpowered items ...

Also wonder if the effects of some unique flasks count as buffs ? The usual stuff that flasks give ( like chaos res, or max fire res, or armour ) are not buffs .. but what about the effects of Taste of Hate for example or the chaos damage/leech of the Atziri flask ? Does anyone knows if those are or are not buffs?

P.S. Oh just found that Phase Run will return with the Aweking! That's absolutely awesome! Finally something that will compensate the facebreakers builds for the lack of movement skills like leap slam and whirling blades! Oh and .. it's also a buff :)

So many awesome skills .... not .. enough .. sockets!

Holy shit man, this is insane! actually it is so insane that it scares me that facebreaker could be nerfed, after all facebreaker builds have one of the highest dps in game that use resolute technique, 30-72 added phys will make the tanky facebreaker build deal as much damage as a full glass cannon one, and that means that the full glass cannon will reach 160+k easily, which is complete overkill.
Still i like where the game is going so far.

Edit 1: +900% facebreaker prices in poe.trade are going insanely high it is just stupid, if anyone is trying to make a facebreaker build i don't recommend getting one now lol. wait until prices go down 7ex for a 920% one is stupid

Edit 2: do you guys think carcass jack will be more expensive with the changes to aoe and stuff?
Last edited by SemtexVa on Apr 24, 2015, 6:51:54 PM
The carcass probably won't be more expensive .. actually it won't be as needed as now for FB cyclone builds ( when you have the aoe jewels ofc ) .. but i really think that the price will remain the same... on the other hand despite my years in PoE ... i'm actually not an experienced trader .. so i might be wrong
Btw i've just tested by switching some items etc ... and with this jewel my current dps with no other gear/gem changes will reach around 70k ( from 45k ) .. so yea .. crazy stuff ... if i get rid of the inc aoe and use added fire ( or the fortify gem ) it will be above 100k ... and if i use the great old one's ward .. well ... more... not that anyone actually needs such DPS numbers ...
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 25, 2015, 3:56:02 AM
What are your thoughts on Soul of Steel and xx% increased defences from shield equiped for facebreaker builds?

Soul of steel is just so far away.. and on top of that it is "hidden" behind many unattractive nodes ... so for me it's a no-go.
The Shield defense nodes paired with lioneye's remorse ( or another high armour shield ) are pretty awesome actually and they make up for the lack of armour of carcass jack ( if you are using one ) and the lack of armour of the facebreaker gloves. And with the promised changes to armour in the expansion they will be even better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info