[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i absolutely always take the +8% all res from normal it's always helpful and never a waste. It is practically impossible to cap your resists with just your gear when you are using ( as you said ) so many uniques without any resistances.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 5, 2014, 6:15:07 AM
Hi guys,
I am currently a lvl21 Marauder going for this build, no Facebreakers yet, i use GroundSlam and MoltenStrike both of which i found better than InfernalBlow (but i keep the gem on me to lvl it up).

Up to now i have followed the recommended tree path up to Resolute Technique like this, but i am thinking of taking an alternative route and adopting a slightly changed "final" 110p tree:

This is the 110p final tree of this build, and this is my version, 108p so i can use the other two to get +1 EndCharge, take Amplify, take the first two phys dmg/life points at the start of the Duelist or even go for Iron Reflexes with some other changes.
I do lose 2x2% Block chance nodes and drop from +370 STR to +330 STR, although i gain +20 DEX and i could a +STR node like Might with the two points left...
+4% Block isn't that important right?

With my final tree in mind, in my current lvl21 char i would rather go strait towards the huge life cluster near the Scion or into the Duelist tree to get Master of the Arena/Acceleration/Leather and Steel (+the life and regen at the start) as fast as possible.
That means i will not get the two "+10% resistances with shield" in the Phalanx cluster (or the other Block related stuff), but i think that once i find a good armor i will be ok with resistances, at least until the Cruel res penalty...

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading , have fun in the game :)
Last edited by ForTheLolsOne on Aug 6, 2014, 10:28:28 AM
hey guys can i integrate righteous fire into this build?? by using rise of the phoenix shield?
Last edited by ezhilarasan1618 on Aug 10, 2014, 9:36:02 AM
Rise of the pheonix is not enough to sustain RF. You need alot of life regen from the tree + Vitality and Purity of fire too. And i really don't see the point in doing so to be honest :/
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 10, 2014, 9:45:29 AM
Thaughts on
?
Been using them with my mara facebreaker build for a while and they are crazy when chaos damage comes in to play.
Last edited by zgryzolec on Aug 10, 2014, 12:33:01 PM
Good for the early levels. But later .. i'll put it like this ... close to no armour/life, mediocre movement speed, no elemental resistances which is a big deal in a facebreaker build because you'll use many items with no resistances .. and to be stuck with yet another item with no resists is just not ok.
If i would use some unique boots it'd be blood dance. But sadly i need the res and life on my rare boots.

No other good unique boots for us to be honest.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Good for the early levels. But later .. i'll put it like this ... close to no armour/life, mediocre movement speed, no elemental resistances which is a big deal in a facebreaker build because you'll use many items with no resistances .. and to be stuck with yet another item with no resists is just not ok.

My resistances are 77/77/67/-60 without the boots ATM, so not having any on them doesn't bother me much. I meant what do you think about them in the context of chaos resistance? Chaos damage was my main source of deleveling and the biggest Facebreaker build drawback, before I got those boots that is.
Last edited by zgryzolec on Aug 10, 2014, 2:33:54 PM
Get an Amethyst flask if chaos damage is big issue to you. ATziri's promise would be nice. You can get rare boots with life/armour/chaos resistance. But honestly the only thing that deals chaos damage and can be dangerous is the Jungle Valley boss .. but with good damage and enough life .. even at -60% chaos damage it's nothing... after all it's just a mid level map boss :)

And cap your lightning res ... asap
Unfortunately not only. Void hounds, all poison based mobs... With desync it's just freakin' iritating...
But ty for your advices, will try to do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info