[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

OK so stop using Blood Rage ASAP use 2 passive skill points to get 1% life leech node ( it's in the Purity of Essence circle first you'll need to take a 10 life per kill node and the next one is 1% life leech ). You can always get these passive skill points back once when you have life leech from your gear ( or from a life leech support gem )

About the CWDT ... again.. read carefully the "Triggered Skills" section. I've suggested the best CWDT options there ( best in my opinion at least )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Infernal Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee Phy. Dmg. + Faster Attacks + Life Leech

This set good ?
This is close what i'm using ( I use Added Fire Damage instead of Multistrike ) try it and see how it works out for you.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
without multistrike ,we will hit slow dont we ? its fine ?
You hit slower but for more damage. And in a lot of cases you kill most enemies before you hit 3 times .. so you end up hitting the air.. not to mention the mana cost .. and that you deal less damage per hit ... but it's up to you ... it's not a bad support gem .. i really ... an i mean REALLY suggest that you read the guide ... everything is in there...
Ok i read it .. can i ask what would u spent on the last 10 points ? Vaal pact viable for this build ?
Of course not .. don't take Vaal Pact ... and those "last 10" are practically non-existent ... after all you don't take passive skill points as a reward from the normal and cruel bandit quest ... and furthermore if you make it to level 100 you'll be able to figure out what to do with your passive skill points .. trust
Hello there,SemtexVa here, i don't know if you remember me, but we talk in game sometimes and i showed you my cast when damage taken desecrate-devouring totem setup and you said it was interesting, i want to ask you something but you are not online ATM.
In the defensive stats picture you have 68% block chance, but using the passives you have and wearing a Lioneye's remorse only gives 63% block chance, how do you have 68%?.
Thanks SemtexVa
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hi guys.
As i've said a few days ago i've tried to make a new type of a Facebreaker build .. unfortunately i wasn't happy with the end result... so instead i've decided to update this guide. I guess i've went too far .. it took me 5 days to make it ( i had a lot of free lately ) and around 40 hours in total. The end result is 68 pages long ( in Word ). I've tried to explain absolutely everything that there is to explain about the Facebreaker gloves and builds.
I hope you like it guys and more important i hope that you find this guide helpful.

Please tell me if there is any errors in the guide or if i've missed anything and i'll try to fix it ASAP!

KorgothBG.

What were you trying to do and what was it you weren't happy about?

Good with a frenzy version too. Looks good.

I found a typo. If you scroll down to the passive trees you have written Duelsit.

I think the 1 point for Vigor an extra endurance charge in duelist area is a no brainer. It's not taken. Maybe just me though.

I see you have listed life leech as a gem choice. I thought you always advocated getting 1% or more leech on a ring/amulet to not have to use a gem slot for this.

The passive tree only provides 43 dexterity. You will however need 109 eventually for faster attacks and also 95 for hatred. We are 66 dex short.

Taking the alternate route to Warrior's blood from below (as you once told me when i was short of dex) gives 20 dex for the same amount of points. Getting Diamond flesh just below Golem's blood another 10 (Remove Diamond skin and the flash life node). Same amount of points again.

Now we only need 36 more dex (Water dancing is always available for +20 for 1 point too). Perhaps this will make gearing up easier for some.

Elemental adaptation. 1 point for this no big deal. Not really much else to pick up except Amplify in templar area. I think this is better. 12% increased aoe. You might notice this. You will not notice 2% reduced elemental damage taken.

Thank you for this great resource and guide. Helped me a lot when i was new. It has a very well optimized passive tree too.

@kompaniet
"
kompaniet wrote:
What were you trying to do and what was it you weren't happy about?

I tried to make a full evasion, max block, max dodge Facebreaker. But the physical damage taken in some cases ( even without Abyssus ) is practically unavoidable and with no armour - deadly. The only way to manage the damage is to use Lightning Coil and not to use Abyssus.. but that way i won't have damage from a helmet ( can't use bor and lightning coil after all ) and thus the damage is terrible.Perhaps such a build could be possible at some point but right now it's just not that good.

"
kompaniet wrote:
I found a typo. If you scroll down to the passive trees you have written Duelsit.

Thanks i'll fix it right away!

"
kompaniet wrote:
I think the 1 point for Vigor an extra endurance charge in duelist area is a no brainer. It's not taken. Maybe just me though.

I'm not a bi fan of extra endurance charges to be honest. I find it somehow hard to even get 3 endurance charges from my 2 Enduring Cries. But it's not a bad option, i'll write a few words about + 1 Endurance Charges in the guide.

"
kompaniet wrote:
I see you have listed life leech as a gem choice. I thought you always advocated getting 1% or more leech on a ring/amulet to not have to use a gem slot for this.

1% is usualy enough, but life leech gem is good if you want more survivability. In the end it's always up to the player. Since i've decided to drop Multistrike ( for now at least ) and i don't use Blood Magic , Life leech is definitely the best gem that i can use.

"
kompaniet wrote:
The passive tree only provides 43 dexterity. You will however need 109 eventually for faster attacks and also 95 for hatred. We are 66 dex short.

Well as i said and i quote : "If you don't have enough attributes ( i.e. for Hatred ) spend a point or two for +30 attribute nodes. It's worth it."
Of course taking alternative root is a good way to get attributes, but it all depends on how much dex a player is missing.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Elemental adaptation. 1 point for this no big deal. Not really much else to pick up except Amplify in templar area. I think this is better. 12% increased aoe. You might notice this. You will not notice 2% reduced elemental damage taken.

Again it's a matter of personal preferences. But don't underestimate 2% all max res it's not bad at all!

@SemtexVa
I guess you didn't count correctly. The tree gives 35% and the shield another 33%. You can easily check this out if you paste the passive skill tree in https://poebuilder.com and see what the tree gives ;)

I'm rarely online lately .. if you have any questions in general feel free to PM me i'll answer ASAP :) and if it is Facebreaker related post here ^^
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 24, 2014, 4:27:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info