[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hi, I´m level 87, very happy with this build, i ´ve linked some good gems for increasing my DPS up to 71.8K!! (91K DPS in a party)

DPS LEVELLING

48K (Hatred)
60K (Flask Atziri´s)
72K (Vaal Haste+IAO+INCR.DURATION)

And now my stats
HP 4.1K
ARMOUR 20K (Determination+Molten Shell ON)
Chance to block attacks 74%
Chance to block spells 27%
Fire res. 77%
Cold res. 77%
Ligh res. 63%
Chaos res.-9%

Here my Passive Tree

So...Should i pick LIFE NODES? ARMOUR NODES?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 16, 2014, 2:34:30 AM
Life. More life.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey guys!
Just wanted to tell you that i've decided to go back to the Facebreaker gloves and builds. After all that's definitely my favorite item in PoE! So i've came up with a new idea for a facebreaker build. Nothing revolutionary or incredibly clever but it's an idea that is not used in any facebreaker build posted in the forums ( i'm sure that many or at least some people use a similar build but they just didn't posted it ).
I'm leveling it right now ( only level 18 at the moment .. started an hour ago ) and if it turns out ok ( it should be fine ) and if there is any interest i'll probably make a new guide for it after enough testing and reaching level 85-90! I'm planning to make a huge guide ( yes bigger than this one ) that covers not only the build but pretty much everything about facebreaker that i know and can think about.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words and support regarding my PoE activity! You are awesome.

KorgothBG
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Congrats on the full year since this guide was started, and thank you for the work you've put into this community
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Oh it really has been a full year! Didn't noticed that. Time Really Does Fly!
Thank you mate, you really made my day (night)! :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 17, 2014, 5:31:01 PM
I can not wait, encourage, keep going!!

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Are the two skilltrees for mar and duelist still up-to-date? seems odd that you skipped 10 allress and 1 max-allress...are 2 skillpoints not worth it for diamond skin?
They are up to date.
Diamond skin is a nice passive. Take it if you need resists. If it's just for the 1% max res ... i'm not 100% if its worth it.
I have 2 doubts about gear

1-What will be more suitable for block spell damage?

Rainbowstride boot or Atziri's Step Slink Boots?

25% block spell dmg Vs 16% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage

2-What will be better option for dmg or survival?

--Carcass Jack Varnished Coat (6L)
--Death's Oath Astral Plate (6L) if you can get 60% chaos res. of course
--Daresso's Defiance Full Dragonscale (6L)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 20, 2014, 6:09:44 AM

Let's start with the Rainbowstrides.
About the boots they don't give 25% chance to block spells, but 25% of your Block Chance is applied to Spells. It means that if you have 40% chance to block your boots will give you 10% chance to block spells.

Now add the fact that they give you no life at all, and that they are ES boots and you end up with not very useful item for this build

The Atziri boots are good if you have enough resists. Keep in mind that they don't give any resists at all. But if that's not a problem .. they are good.

But in the end with capped resists and enough life you won't have any problems with spell damage EXCEPT for the spells of some bosses .. and just like i've said many many times - you MUST have a Saffel's Frame shield on swap. Use it when you are about to fight heavy spellcasting bosses!

About the chests.
Forget about the Carcass Jack. Why? Well .. what can i say ... good luck getting 5 Red Sockets on a Carcass Jack which is ES/EV chest...
The Death's Oath!? Terrible... TERRIBLE chest! Even with capped chaos res... i'll try to explain. You take 450 chaos damage every second for 10 seconds PER KILL. Most of the time you kill 10-15-20 enemies for 3-4 seconds .. so you can easily end up with taking around 2000 damage per second ( and thats with 75% chaos res ) and for what ? Some life leech, armour and attributes and useless degen aura ... but with no extra resists and no life ? Not worth it .. at all!

The Daresso's Defiance is a great chest. A very good choice indeed!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info