[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Awesome guide, most thorough one there is, thank you for making it KorgothBG. I'm lvl 78 right now and have no problem with majority of maps, well Highest I do is 74 right now.

My only problem I had was not having enough resists. I use an Abyssus with Tabula Rasa, the only 6 link I have, I am mostly self found and solo most of the time, to get around the resist problem I had to drop Hatred and I run 3 Auras, Determination, Vitality {I use BM with DB} and Purity of Elements. All my rings and Ammy, have Phys dam plus resists. Once I get a 6l chest and some better jewelry, I will hopefully be able to drop Purity, Vitality and sub back in Hatred. As it stands, buffed I have 11,733 armor, and DB is doing 16,258 DPS. I have max Ele resists except fire which is 71%.

1 Why would you take determination instead of hatred?
2 Why don't you spend 1 skill point to get that fire res maxed out?

There are so many passive skills available for resistances. It shouldn't be much of a problem.
Tabula rasa is better than a 5L imo. We are sturdy enough with it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 2, 2014, 10:57:51 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Awesome guide, most thorough one there is, thank you for making it KorgothBG. I'm lvl 78 right now and have no problem with majority of maps, well Highest I do is 74 right now.

My only problem I had was not having enough resists. I use an Abyssus with Tabula Rasa, the only 6 link I have, I am mostly self found and solo most of the time, to get around the resist problem I had to drop Hatred and I run 3 Auras, Determination, Vitality {I use BM with DB} and Purity of Elements. All my rings and Ammy, have Phys dam plus resists. Once I get a 6l chest and some better jewelry, I will hopefully be able to drop Purity, Vitality and sub back in Hatred. As it stands, buffed I have 11,733 armor, and DB is doing 16,258 DPS. I have max Ele resists except fire which is 71%.

1 Why would you take determination instead of hatred?
2 Why don't you spend 1 skill point to get that fire res maxed out?

There are so many passive skills available for resistances. It shouldn't be much of a problem.
Tabula rasa is better than a 5L imo. We are sturdy enough with it.

1.I took Determination to help with survivability, I have no problem killing things without Hatred, but had issues with health, so I tried the combo I have now and rarely die.

2. I had fire maxed with a diff ammy, but swapped it out for one with MF, willing to sacrifice 5% fire resist until i get better gear.

I will try subbing Hatred for Determination and see how it goes.
small update on my IB facebreaker. currently hitting 22.5k dps with hatred active, 10k armor unbuffed. my only concern is that i feel that my life is a bit too low at 3.4k. perhaps some more experienced players can point me out on what i can do to improved my character.

I was lucky with the boots, dropping from a random mob when i was on my way to fight dominus. currently have a lioneye's remorse and a saffell's on swap which helps a lot in the dominus encounter. (nothing is more satisfying than blocking dom's touch of GAHD where in my previous chars it would be a near-1hko.
About your life .. you can get alot more life from your gear .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I love your guide, i recent dropped a BoR and Aegis on one of my toons and respecced a mara of mine, i feel aegis is very strong currently lvl 78

Those are the items i currently use. I almost have saved enough for some strides and and in a couple of levels will be able to switch to meginords due to lacking resist. (i swap out laz for anvil for harder hitting phys mobs/bossed)

My current tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0OPBQgFE0UcRZvGJEZLhmFGjIaOBpVGmwb-h0UJKol3ycvJ-026DbpOtg9_E3YT31QR1FgVcZXDVhjWfNeE18_YEthIWSjZp5qHm5pcH1yqXK7dO1673y7fNmAVoTZhO-MdozPj0aQVZ7Nn8ugtKFtogCkGaSspwinMKeEqBiplayqrK-5zbyfvqfAGsOGxYrG2M9l0NDSIdlh2t3i6uNq45_kUeeR7DjvDvAf8i_zBvPd9kj3vvrS-6o=

I still have to do some optimizations and respeccing. Maybe you can help me with that. I will try to swap one of those rings to one with a phys roll.

I feel like db is very powerfull esp in higher maps, but the mana/life cost is just insane.. My life is flickering like crazy

Would apreciate some help to optimize my build and items.

(yes i know im still leveling gems o_O)
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Jul 8, 2014, 2:42:47 PM
Well the tree is ok .. but as i've explained before the aegis + rainbowstrides + lazwar + is not a very efficient combo for a facebreaker build.
Now "why?" you might ask.

A couple of things:
You get max block chance with fewer skill points spent. That is good of course , the problem is that with such gear you need to spend more points fro resists due to the no resists from the helmet ( and chest .. its a BoR after all ) and amulet, and the low amounts of resits from the shield and boots. Add the no resists from your gloves and weapon, and the belt which gives only cold ... and you can see how capping your resists ( not to mention overcapping ) can and will be a huge problem... so in the end you free points from block nodes but you spend them for resits ... no gains here.

Your life pool will suffer due to the no life from your boots and shield ... and thats not good .. at all...

You get much more spell block but you only need spell block in a very few situations and for those situations Saffael's Frame does the job more than great. Keep it on swap and use it vs those tricky spell casting bosses.

The cool mod of the Aegis Aurora - ES per block based on your armour is pretty cool. Godly vs small hits, useless vs Big Hits. The problem here is that the only possible dangerous situations come from hard hitting bosses and not from swarms of act 2 monkeys.

And now let's talk about damage - Using BoR + an amulet with absolutely no physical damage( and the amulet is the second biggest physical damage provider of all times, right after your helmet ) leads to very low damage output. Low damage means more hits to kill. More hits to kill means more hits taken. More hits taken means higher risk. Higher risk means more deaths.

Another drawback is the fact that you'll have alot less armour.

Another plus, besides the permanent cool spell block chance and the nice ES on block, is the awesome mana boost from the rainbow strides ( especially if they are the ~100 mana lregacy version ) and also the cool + 5% max cold res ( not that useful but come on ... more resists ... it's always awesome! )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 9, 2014, 11:55:11 AM
thx for your response.

currently lvl 79

Updated my gear a bit to this:

Changed passives:

I am running hatred/determination/purity of elements. Right now I am looking/crafting for better Rings with more resists, and in 2 levels will grab Diamond Flesh, then im able to drop Purity and when i get mana leech on one of the jeweleries, i will run Infernal Blow on Mana (i dropped Dominating Blow because the HP Cost is just to chunky, i dont like it, yet i will swap it in for scary ele reflect/boss situations) For really tough maps/double ele reflect i could be running purity of fire and for really hard bosses can easily run purity of lighting/ice.

I can choose to swap the amulettes depending on what i need, more spell block for bosses/reflect maps -> stone of laz. hard hitting phys bosses -> anvil. clearspeed -> phys dmg amulet.

My end build: 114 points

266% Life 154% Armor IR (Will Run Grace & Will Drop Agility Node if when i get more Dex on Jewelery and maybe specc into more End Charges or go for Thick Skin and the dex nodes on the way for real Engame 96+)

With my Current Gear I am @ 4.1k Life combined with Block/Spellblock and Aegis @ 600ES and i have resists Capped, and i am running cwdt/end/immortal call for vulnerbility maps/mobs. also running a cwdt/molten shell/enfeeble for more surviveability.

I will still swap/specc things arround, depending what i see more fit, but all in all im pretty satisfied, well trying to safe up for legacy bringer & facebreakers. maybe when I can afford it, I will most likely swap to a 6l with high life res+abyssus when its turns out cheaper then a Legacy BoR (which gor for 15-25 ex depending on the roll) and specc out of a couple res nodes back to block nodes. Right now my current setup is the only one i could afford ;D im all out of currency due to trying new builds for the upcoming leagues. This is the only HC char i will keep updating/playing, and i dont do softcore o_O

Quick question: does lava lash work with facebrakers? because it says 30% inc fire dmg with weapons, from my understanding (didnt tested though) it wouldnt work.
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Jul 10, 2014, 8:18:00 AM
No it won't work. Any kind of WED lava leash included is not working with facebreakers.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
No it won't work. Any kind of WED lava leash included is not working with facebreakers.

oh quick response ;D thx i thought so!

btw i found running with
quite effective, your thoughts on this?
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Jul 10, 2014, 8:26:23 AM
absolutely awesome flask. And it's so cheap ... gotta say that everyone should have it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info