[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

In the end the benefits from Vitality and Purity ( of elements? ) are really close to nothing compared to hatred . ;)

My guess:

Clarity - to be able to cast with mana with no mana leech
Purity of Elements - he can't cap he's resists and don't want to spend passive points.
Vitality - no idea. Really .. no idea

P.S.
You should really buy new jewelery... the physical damage is not high enough, absolutely no life, and diamond ring is the worst possible base for a ring for this build :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 28, 2014, 9:40:18 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
In the end the benefits from Vitality and Purity ( of elements? ) are really close to nothing compared to hatred . ;)

My guess:

Clarity - to be able to cast with mana with no mana leech
Purity of Elements - he can't cap he's resists and don't want to spend passive points.
Vitality - no idea. Really .. no idea

P.S.
You should really buy new jewelery... the physical damage is not high enough, absolutely no life, and diamond ring is the worst possible base for a ring for this build :)

Thanks!!

1-I´m using purity of elements because atm still i´m not picking up node resistances (is temporarily)

2-Clarity I´m not able to cast with mana (temporarily)

3-Vitality (i want to put artic armour with blood magic!!! so i will need a high regen)(It´s an experiment but...what do you think about it? )

Another experiment is... to use blood rage, it will increase my DPS right?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Well it would've been cool
BUT
and i quote
"A Blood Magic support gem can be linked to Arctic Armour but it will reserve 0 Life instead of 0 Mana. Arctic Armour still drains mana when activated. Similarly, the Blood Magic keystone removes all mana and makes this skill unusable."

About the blood rage
For me the life leech and the 15% attack speed are not worth the chaos degen since chaos res is always a problem for this build and you'll most likely end up with negative chaos resistance
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oh, thank you, atm i can cope with artic armour level 4 (thanks to clarity) so dmg taken is reduced by 12! (abyssus is 40 dmg taken so it will be 40-12 right? = 28 dmg taken) so i take away VITALITY and atm i´ve just put PURITY OF FIRE until i can put my 2 ambush ring which are waiting me :-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jun 28, 2014, 1:15:12 PM
Ah mate you've got it wrong... let me explain you.
Let's say that a monster hits you for 1000 physical damage
with abyssus that damage is increased by 40% so that means that it hits you for 1400 damage
Now arctic armour reduces that damage with 12 ... NOT 12% ... just 12 .. so you'll take 1388 damage instead of 1400 ... not a big deal really

P.S. Oh man .. i'd love for the Abyssus to increase only by 40 .. and not by 40 percent ..
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 28, 2014, 12:42:46 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ah mate you've got it wrong... let me explain you.
Let's say that a monster hits you for 1000 physical damage
with abyssus that damage is increased by 40% so that means that it hits you for 1400 damage
Now arctic armour reduces that damage with 12 ... NOT 12% ... just 12 .. so you'll take 1388 damage instead of 1400 ... not a big deal really

P.S. Oh man .. i'd love for the Abyssus to increase only by 40 .. and not by 40 percent ..

Ohh, so it´s a bad idea xD but thanks for replying so fast!!

And i think i have a good idea for your build let me explain:

CWDT+END.CRY(5)+TEMP.CHAINS(5)+VULNERABILITY(3) i´m testing just now and it works fine!!

At level 3 cursed enemies taken 26% DMG :-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
you can't multicurse unless you have an item that has "enemies can have 1 additional curse" which you don't have. Or unless you have the passive key node that gives the same thing ... whic ... you don't have. So basicly what you are doing is cursing with the first curse then right after that applying the second curse which removes the first one ... so there is absolutely no point in doing that... after all ... only 1 curse is always applied and the other one is absolutely useless and a waste of a socket :)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
you can't multicurse unless you have an item that has "enemies can have 1 additional curse" which you don't have. Or unless you have the passive key node that gives the same thing ... whic ... you don't have. So basicly what you are doing is cursing with the first curse then right after that applying the second curse which removes the first one ... so there is absolutely no point in doing that... after all ... only 1 curse is always applied and the other one is absolutely useless and a waste of a socket :)

Yes,,,it´s true!!!, and..don´t you think that Vulnerability is better than Temporal chains? because we use HATRED + SMASH SPLASH so this build has a huge DPS.

And last question...what happen if i link CWDT (max)+ Molten Shell ( max)+ Immortal Call (max) + increased duration (or Endur.Cry) ? It´s a good link?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jun 28, 2014, 1:42:41 PM
Vulnerability increases ONLY the physical damage taken.. and in this case that's around 33% of your total damage ( the rest is cold and fire ).

Well immortal call is ok if you have endurance charges. So you'll need enduring cry ( better if casted manualy ) . If you feel like it then go for it :) For me ? It's too much of a trouble.. keeping those charges up all the time ...
I've tried blood rage. The dps boost didn't impress me. Barely 2k dps increase and it made mana much harder to sustain cos of the attack speed. Not only that the constant chaos damage ate up all the natural regen i had. Even put me on degen. Not good.

In my opinion this buff is pointless. Use it in korgothbg's other guide the ci based facebreaker build.

Arctic armour doesn't make much sense to me either sorry to say. It only protects against small hits which we don't need protection from. Those hits are not even noticable in this build with our high armour, high block chance and high natural regen.

Immortal call. This skill is very situational. I personally have not found a great use for this skill in this build. We are resilent enough imo. Can be useful vs corrupting blood if that is a problem for some.

Now multi curse is actually quite good but again not really needed for us. I don't like to stop and curse all the time but this is personal preference of course. Can be very good vs tough bosses, exiles and what not.

You can use windscream boots for an additional curse. They aren't so bad. Even got run speed and all res. Just no life but it's no big deal.

Vulnerability needs high int same with enfeeble. Hard to get that in this build.
Temp chains or warlord mark are easier to max.
"

And last question...what happen if i link CWDT (max)+ Molten Shell ( max)+ Immortal Call (max) + increased duration (or Endur.Cry) ? It´s a good link?

You'd need another link with enduring cry to generate charges. Or manually cast it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 28, 2014, 4:35:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info