[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
crushkyle wrote:
I saw ColbyCheeze's video about how Facebreakers were very fast for leveling so decided to give it a try this weekend. I started with Duelist as it was the only class I didn't have at high level, and now found this thread. Indeed this is the fastest I've gotten to maps on any build, just a weekend and not even all weekend.

I soloed all the way to Dominus without dying to a boss (died twice to strongboxes though without ID'ing them). I took on Dominus at L62 and <2.5k health. That was a mistake, died 3 times. Kept getting stun-locked due to low health and so couldn't run away fast enough. After that fight I looked at passive tree and decided to spec into Unwavering Stance.

How do you folks get so much life? At L67 I now have 2.7k life, 16.9k DPS. I have no life on my jewelry. The LC is from my Shadow so I plan to keep using it rather than buy a new 5L chest.

Spoiler

I plan to use this ring I found
once I can replace the other mana leech ring and then spec into the missing resists via passive tree. Don't think I can trade the ammy for a life one though, any with sufficient resists were quite expensive.

I can save on some passive resists if I dump my found shield for this one
Spoiler

but I think it's better to use 1 or 2 passives for resists than to give up 7% block.

My current tree is as follow, with 4 skill points not yet used (need to use 1 or 2 for resists above Sentinel once I change rings). I'll likely take this build to ~L75 before the season ends. Any suggestions for where to head in order to get more defense? Just more life nodes or more shield nodes? thanks

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQthDjwUIBRxGJEb-iXfJy8ppTGeNZJGaUd-SshN404qUEdVtVcNWK9eE18_YEthIWVNapNuaW6qcql07XgNeWh673zZhNmE74jxkc6ZK57Nn8ugtKQZpKymV6cwqBipbqvFrK-18rZBu-28n72Bvoq-p8APwQTDhsS40iHSTdXt1fji6uOf5FHnke8O8i_zBvcy9777qv4K_o8=

More life comes with levels and picking up life nodes. Don't worry so much about it now. You will get more and more as you progress.
I have nearly 6000 life at lvl 90 and i don't even have life on my rings.

I'd drop iron reflexes, unwavering stance and associated points. You don't need them. I didn't have any problems with stuns or anything. Don't change your build just because of one situation with one boss.

For dominus use saffel shield or lashwar amulet vs the lightning stream attack and bring two lightning res flasks.

Get some anti stun flasks if you really need or equip eye of chayula. Or just kill him in a party and be done with it.

Try to keep that block chance high. Look into replacing that shield you have with a lioneye shield. It's cheap.

Keep your resists on max. Spend points on passives if you have to. Expecially lightning res as you are using lightning coil.

If you need more res there is always diamond flash for +12 to all just below golem's blood.

I wouldn't bother too much getting jewelry with life at this point and time. It's too expensive unless you are filthy rich. Honestly you don't even need it.

For more survivability up that block chance.

Check the guide. Take a look at: Passive skill tree for every ten skill points(Duelist Edition)
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 23, 2014, 11:19:19 AM
I can't say this build is as beginner friendly as I thought it would be right now. Multistrike appears to be crucial to get asap.. Issue is, they go for around 5C which is usually above a beginner's budget.
It's not that crucial actually ... you can do just fine with just faster attacks until you get enough currency for Multistrike... which takes ... a couple of hours..
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@kompaniet,
Thanks for the detailed suggestions. Yeah I did find out after the 1st time I died that what was usually my Topaz flask was a Chaos one, I forgot I had switched it out for a poison map.

On the Lioneye's shield, I kept my found shield because of the resists. Using the Lioneye's I'll have to spec a lot more points into resists, at least 8 more if not more to reach others. I gather you feel the extra armour and bit more life is worth it huh?

I'll get more shield points as you say and calculate precisely how much more points I need to switch shields

Cheers

@insulation: I didn't use multistrike until my 5L at L60 so OP is right, not required. Furthermore, as you'll soon find multistrike can be a pain to use because it must hit three times before you can move on and do something else
@KorgothBG, @crushkyle

Ohhhhh, I see! Faster Attacks is way easier to get as well, just thought it was crucial because it seemed to be the most prioritized on your links list. Also, dunno what I'm doing wrong but 5C hasn't been easy for me to get.. Maybe things'll change when I make my shop thread.
@Insulation

I started in Domination, got 2 toons to high level 70s without a shop. They shared 3 items and had gear that cost a total of ~40-45 chaos. All my currency was from just farming alts, chromes, etc and chaos recipe.

In Ambush I started a shop and even from the beginning sold gems for just an Alch. The shop made all the difference. Just price your gear cheap with buyouts, use the tools to show you're on-line, and you'll make chaos fast. The key is starting early in the league. Now that the leagues are ending gear is very cheap so might be hard to make currency, if you wait for new leagues you'll make it fast

For standard I don't know, never tried trading there
Ty mate!! it´s an awesome build!!

Is my first time with a character always below 1 level or 2 levels regarding the zone!!

Atm i´m level 75, 31.8K DPS (without Hatred), 40.1K DPS with Hatred, and it drops me 20 chaos + 4 vaal orbs since level 15 until 75:-) because of my low level regarding the zone.

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jun 30, 2014, 2:38:25 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
Ty mate!! it´s an awesome build!!

Is my first time with a character always below 1 level or 2 levels regarding the zone!!

Atm i´m level 69, 28.6K DPS (without Hatred), 36.1K DPS with Hatred, and it drops me 16 chaos + 2 vaal orbs since level 18 until 69:-) because of my low level regarding the zone. (only 20iir, 9iiq).

If you meant that you found 16 chaos + 2 vaal orbs from lvl 18 to 69 i would say that is really lucky =)

Just remember that you can still be 2 levels above the zone and still recieve no drop penalty so you don't have to struggle while underleveled.

Good dps at lvl 69. What does your equipment look like?
"
If you meant that you found 16 chaos + 2 vaal orbs from lvl 18 to 69 i would say that is really lucky =)

Just remember that you can still be 2 levels above the zone and still recieve no drop penalty so you don't have to struggle while underleveled.

Good dps at lvl 69. What does your equipment look like?

I´m waiting for buying a stronger ring so it will up my DPS (35.1K DPS/46.7K DPS Hatred) because i don´t want to use HATRED, atm i´m using CLARITY+VITALITY+PURITY (no blood magic), maybe in a future i can cope with blood magic with CLARITY and VITALITY and...support HATRED+PURITY.

MY GEAR:
Spoiler

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jun 28, 2014, 9:04:23 AM
Clarity, purity and vitality. Those are odd choices for auras =)
If you don't mind me asking why are you using those and don't want hatred?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info