Season Three, Event 9: Descent

"
wooli wrote:
how are hte rangers doing it?

i can't find a good way to aoe

I could took rain of arrow but I opened wrong chest -.-
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Got some nice drops time time around
This is my third descent and I noticed that most chests don't drop anything. Boss, champions and elites drop garbage way too much.

So basically the only strategy is too rush big packs of mobs with an AOE spell.
But players who want to go for another strategy (or just can't aoe cheese everything) are not rewarded for doing it another way which I find sad. Chest should drop much better loots as well as killing rare monsters.

Another point, it took me 20 minutes to go trough the archer statues zone as a Witch. They are the most ridiculously Op mob in the game, they have high life, high damage, pierce shot, can freeze you... Really... Had fun though :)
"
flo000 wrote:
Why the first 20 players all Duelist?!? And why they so high level, i only reached lvl 8 -.-"

Cleave.

PS: gettin only level 8 means you're not such a great player.
I used to bust tables, now I bust rhymes.

IGN: IBUZZedWhenISawYou
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
wooli wrote:
how are hte rangers doing it?

i can't find a good way to aoe

I could took rain of arrow but I opened wrong chest -.-

Rain of Arrows is fairly good.

Rare short bow/comp/long bow is a must.
Rare quiver with aspd is a must.
Rare gloves with aspd is a must.
Those are your priorities.
When you can get lightning arrow, do it.

I took ALL damage nodes, no survivability whatsoever. Health from gear is enough if you don't play reckless.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-sB0fT4okDEotwVq9Kn1P7IoaQQLeHbbz0bARn-FfA=

My end build.

P.S. First ranger I have created since Open Beta started.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Last edited by Duskbane on Jun 30, 2013, 11:14:30 AM
Even as of last night I found this race fun. No more. 3rd race in a row even though I'm playing the "OP" classes in dualist and Mara my luck has been so bad I haven't been able to progress past the statues. This is by far a higher luck race than any other and after 3 races I can honestly say my "luck" just doesn't work with it. I died a couple times in the first 2 levels today because I actually had NO armor drop and NO 2-h weapon. On the 3rd attempt I just leveled up in the first two zones. The third zone I couldn't do shit on. It had to be the worst rolled map ever. Mob packs where map sized and with necro's + bad luck on drops? Hell on my best luck time I didn't even get a 2-h drop until I was done with the goat men.

This league would be fun if it wasn't so damn luck based right away. Maybe add at least 1 piece of armor and more weapon selection. Oh well. I'll continue to do them. My luck has to get better at least once this season. I just with GGG would make it slightly more fair at least at the beginning. I'm not a great player by any means. But my luck with RNG is even worse than my skill which makes this race impossible to enjoy.
"
SauceBoss wrote:
"
flo000 wrote:
Why the first 20 players all Duelist?!? And why they so high level, i only reached lvl 8 -.-"

Leap Slam.

Fixed.

"
xenogias wrote:
Even as of last night I found this race fun. No more. 3rd race in a row even though I'm playing the "OP" classes in dualist and Mara my luck has been so bad I haven't been able to progress past the statues. This is by far a higher luck race than any other and after 3 races I can honestly say my "luck" just doesn't work with it. I died a couple times in the first 2 levels today because I actually had NO armor drop and NO 2-h weapon. On the 3rd attempt I just leveled up in the first two zones. The third zone I couldn't do shit on. It had to be the worst rolled map ever. Mob packs where map sized and with necro's + bad luck on drops? Hell on my best luck time I didn't even get a 2-h drop until I was done with the goat men.

This league would be fun if it wasn't so damn luck based right away. Maybe add at least 1 piece of armor and more weapon selection. Oh well. I'll continue to do them. My luck has to get better at least once this season. I just with GGG would make it slightly more fair at least at the beginning. I'm not a great player by any means. But my luck with RNG is even worse than my skill which makes this race impossible to enjoy.

My advice is to skip the statue area. It was MUCH harder than all the other areas, even the next 3 areas after it. It's a COLOSSAL waste of time.

Even if you don't like skipping, SKIP THAT ONE.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
MyH4o wrote:
"
SauceBoss wrote:
"
flo000 wrote:

Leap Slam.

Fixed.

That too.
I used to bust tables, now I bust rhymes.

IGN: IBUZZedWhenISawYou
its kinda fun to figure out which maps suit your char the most and know which ones to skip and which one to farm lvs on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info