Season Three, Event 9: Descent

Yeh, seem to get a lot more desync in this then playing anarchy.

Died once to Alira - probably shouldn't of killed the rare monster next to her, but its regen aura didn't give me much choice - Should of skipped her. Played as templar, was very boring.

Died on second character to running into a room of about 15 statues and getting shot gunned down. Played as Marauder, as much more fun as a physical damage dealer.

Melee is generally better, the amount of different melee weapons that can drop compared to finding wands and bows to roll is enough to not warrant trying as a witch/ranger or shadow(and they all have a lack of good health nodes, where as the melee classes have decent HP nodes bunched in with their melee/strength nodes).

As much as Chris says we're competing against people of the same class, some classes are just not as enjoyable to play in this race then the others - Gems, weapons, and tree all factor into this.

Suggestion:

You should work the final class in the middle of the tree into a future Season Signature/Race class, its surrounding area is rather balanced into what drops and is available to you at the time.

Though it make some-what limit the diversity of having 'different classes' if everyone is restricted to it for each race, thus make it only available as a single 'class' to signature races(they're meant to be different then the normal game after all).
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Last edited by Isindel on Jun 30, 2013, 11:10:32 AM
Played witch, went Summoner, hit a wall in Frozen Abyss. So much elemental damage destroys minions in 1-2 hits, and 50% or more enemies leave behind no corpses. Other than wands and shields, had zero caster drops the entire race.

Have now played 3 different classes, each with massively different results. The concept is good, and the races are fun, but there are a number of early balance issues that need to be looked at.

Level 17, ended at the place with curtains that shoot 20 billion multi projectile augmented balls of fiery death.

IGN: Phasebladian Standard
Swagarova or TwentyWahn - Rampage
PhaseReavian or FioniVortex- Standard Talisman
So, first time when I could play Descent (time zone :().
It is really fun, but ofc there some cons. A lot of ppl already told bout starting gems, drop etc.
I made it only to 15.5, number 18 shadow, duelists are on top again. Ended at Simian Caves, almost killed monkeys, but time's up. Something should be done with class balance, I think.
Also 3 (!!) times found large chests, it's rather good, yea, but drop was mediocre, and I just lost some time looking for the exit, hate it (especially at caves) =/
A lot of rare drop, didn't even use 1 alchemy and chaos. Was lucky with weapons, and crafted boots.
Also, have to say that /oos really saved my life twice. I think, it's cause of rather high movement speed (it was bout 65-70 imo).
This league is surely fun, but still raw.

Some gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by Sumroach on Jun 30, 2013, 11:12:12 AM
Finally got to play one of these. Overall I like it. But one thing is very bad - mob density in first few areas make it a no-brainer to skip them almost entirely.
Spilt arrows is the most boring skill ever, playing as ranger in 2-3 first areas is boring as hell. ;o
Found large chest in church. I hate it!
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 30, 2013, 11:10:01 AM
how are hte rangers doing it?

i can't find a good way to aoe
I thought the merveil daughters map was hard, but man, those ribbons are a pain in the ass to deal with reduced resist.

"
boof wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
This is getting less and less fun. Races that reward people for skipping constantly do not interest me.

Ironically this race was created in response to (one of many) the feedback that people wanted to clear zones, not skip them and farm just one zone.

The solution is pretty simple. Increase the rarity of drops from monsters by a ton. If the only good gear you can find (as it currently is) is from guaranteed chests/alch, there's no reason to kill anything.
"
Igneus wrote:
Shadow class is by far the most fucked up class here. Freezing Pulse or EK is our only choises for AoE. Comon give us another gem to pick from! Specially that you give Wrath/Clarity later...

Are we gonna freeze the mobs to death in Frozen Abyss?

This is so retarded!

This was my first race. Played as shadow and I admit there is some truth here.

Was painfully slow for most of the race, until good gear drops.
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info