Loot stolen on permanent allocation?

Bumping this - I've experienced it a few times recently and no one in our group left the area (making their allocated drops FFA).
Some Superior Ethereal Knives dropped for me few minutes ago and someone else took it. :(
Seems pretty clear that it's bugged with the sheer number of people noticing it.

It's GGG so shouldn't come as much of a surprise. New change added without sufficient testing, bugs occur, correction patch implemented at a later date. Welcome to POE, made by the guys that tried to improve in-game streaming with a patch and forgot to see if the streaming actually worked before releasing patch. Enough said.
Ok, found part of it.

Running docks, I am group leader, I make a group.

Enter docks, rename group, set to perm location.

Since I created the instance on SHORT allocation and THEN changed it to perm, THe notice board and public parties SHOW PermLocation, BUT it's actually still short untill the next instance.

I'm sure this is a big factor of it.

If you joined my group, it says perm location, but infact, it is still short, there is now way to be sure, once joining a group expect it to be short untill you second run.

Stay on your toes.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Last edited by didevol on Jul 18, 2013, 2:41:16 PM
"
didevol wrote:
Ok, found part of it.

Running docks, I am group leader, I make a group.

Enter docks, rename group, set to perm location.

Since I created the instance on SHORT allocation and THEN changed it to perm, THe notice board and public parties SHOW PermLocation, BUT it's actually still short untill the next instance.

I'm sure this is a big factor of it.

If you joined my group, it says perm location, but infact, it is still short, there is now way to be sure, once joining a group expect it to be short untill you second run.

Stay on your toes.

This isn't what the thread is referring to. The thread is saying the loot was stolen on permanent allocation (true PA, not just saying its PA) and all other loot-related bases are covered. No inventory full, no one dying, no one leaving, etc. a legitimate problem that has happened to multiple people according to this thread. Its plain and simple there is an issue/hack/script w/e where some peoples things are being looted that shouldn't be.
"

It wouldn't hurt.

A unique drops. Even sometimes knowing it is permanent allocation, the first thing you usually impulsively think to do is:

1) Open inventory and look at how much space you have

2) Rush like a madman into the half-killed mob and try to grab it as fast as possible

I know that a majority of this games players would be in the 2) category.

I had this a couple of times yesterday, and I was wondering enough to google it now. Well, I even checked if 1) may have something to do with it, so that opening your inventory after the drop may corrupt allocation. But it didn't (at least not in a reproducible way).

Anyways, I consider this a bug, too, and I hope this will be fixed soon. I'd also like to have a message when allocation type changes, as already mentioned.
And is there an indicator if something is just allocated for you, or free for all or n-2 other players? Maybe I missed that, but I never know if any item that is not greyed out for me can be picked up by anybody else.
smae here, there is a bug or hack. PPL are picking up things on perm location.
Bump this!
This morning I was doing a dock run with perma loot, I had alocated a GCP and a different player picked it up. Bug!
i actually noticed this happening a few nights ago in a group.....map was on perm from the get go as well.

needless to say, i was confused as to what was going on but didnt think much of it until i seen this thread........guess its not just an anomaly after all

wtb fix
Last edited by Raelys on Oct 18, 2013, 6:15:04 AM
"
Chris wrote:
I'll look into getting it so that if you bounce (due to a full inventory) an allocated item then it stays allocated.

The QA guys are investigating the other reports in this thread but as far as I can see it's working correctly.

hmm...what ever happened to this? its from june. the very last mob in a map dropped an eternal for me the other day and unknowingly i had a full inv. not one single slot open. guy jacked it and left the group

dont really care but it would make sense for permanent allocation to STAY permanent regardless of the situation.
"
Psytros wrote:
I noticed the same mainly with scrolls.

I wonder what happens if loot drops in the moment a desync happens.
Which instance calculate the allocation (Server or Client)?
I don't know how the mechanics work.

Usually not every player have a desync in the same moment.

EDIT: I would say normaly the server

Always the server. Just because the Client doesn't know where you are, doesn't mean the server doesn't and has to make some kind of judgement call.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info