Loot stolen on permanent allocation?

I understand what the person above me said (I already knew that from testing it myself); my question was if the party leader CHANGED the loot allocation mode mid-map would it change what I saw was the allocation mode when I looked at the party status? But even then; it was greyed on one of our screens and not the other.

I just wanted to find out if other people have had this happen and it sounds like some people have so that will make me a bit more leery of doing public runs at least for the purpose of getting drops.
"
Lambda_X wrote:
my question was if the party leader CHANGED the loot allocation mode mid-map would it change what I saw was the allocation mode when I looked at the party status?

Yes it would.
"
subner0 wrote:
"
Lambda_X wrote:
my question was if the party leader CHANGED the loot allocation mode mid-map would it change what I saw was the allocation mode when I looked at the party status?

Yes it would.

That's messed up then as that would be giving players in the party a false idea of what the loot allocation style was at that moment. But again it was perm loot and I know it was greyed out for her and it was nearly instantaneously taken rather than having expired like it would in short allocation mode.
"
subner0 wrote:
"
Lambda_X wrote:

Yes it would.

I don't think that this is what happened, as this doesn't change what it says in the top right when you are actually in the zone nor does it change the allocation mode for a zone that is already 'spawned'.

All the god damned time when I'm running public maps I see drops that are 'mine' but they are actually just everyone's for some reason. It has nothing to do with a far away player or a player in town because this has happened to me in a group of two where we were right with each other.
if it came out of a boulder or chest then it isn't permanently allocated. its free-for-all.
Na it was from a monster that got culled and again I could see on my fiancé's monitor that it was greyed out.
"
MissDerry wrote:
if it came out of a boulder or chest then it isn't permanently allocated. its free-for-all.

I see greyed out stuff pop from chests all the time.
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
Last edited by Firecrest5 on Jun 24, 2013, 1:18:07 PM
tab when you are in the game and make sure it says 'permanent allocation'

But I've seen this before too with other stuff. Sometimes stuff seems to drop FFA in permanent allocation. It might be buggy.

Another possibility is if it dropped and then someone left to town, it would then turn FFA.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
If you are down for it, you should try to reproduce the situation, culling an enemy and the loot becoming FFA, in a private party, particularly since you could see both screens at the same time.
Hey...is this thing on?
There needs to be a notification when the leader changes loot options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info