Loot stolen on permanent allocation?

Allocation is set when the instance is created. If you made Lunaris 3 before anybody joined, it would be SA even if you changed it after people joined the party but before they joined the area. Hitting tab shows what allocation the instance is. It can be different than what your party screen shows.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Mar 11, 2014, 6:49:10 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
I'll look into getting it so that if you bounce (due to a full inventory) an allocated item then it stays allocated.

The QA guys are investigating the other reports in this thread but as far as I can see it's working correctly.

My own personal suggestion would be to correctly identify when and item is dropped due to inventory and when dropped intentionally.

I often pick and drop items I have no use for specifically so that it becomes FFA for whoever may need it. I would be sad to see this ability go.

agreed. It is useful functionality, and is maintains the spirit of limited inventory mini game.

@other replies: Of course the expected interaction is that the client is not trusted by the server. That doesnt mean the client can not try shenanigans and need to be reprimanded by the server. But if the server does not know to look for or how to react to unexpected shenanigans then occasionally the client can pull a fast one. I never suggested the client generated the drop event, but it will be issued a command from the server to create an instantiation of an item, and attach all the necessary attributes to make the item appear on your screen.

Okay ...this happened to me today. I put the party in permanent allocation immediately after creation. I then spawned the new instance of the eternal lab and placed a +quality blue map in the map device. We played the map. An orchard map was dropped ...another player saw it..someone took it. I never saw the map. Played map was a grotto map. I never died and was the last to leave looking for my map drop. Never saw it. Grotto maps are a large area. Possible I got too far away and it made it free for all? Don't know but don't like it...My map, my chisels and my trans and alts...yet didn't get the map drop though I didn't die.

Last edited by Olbrannon on May 9, 2014, 3:36:59 PM
"
Olbrannon wrote:

Okay ...this happened to me today. I put the party in permanent allocation immediately after creation. I then spawned the new instance of the eternal lab and placed a +quality blue map in the map device. We played the map. An orchard map was dropped ...another player saw it..someone took it. I never saw the map.

there is a good chance someone just threw it away cause he doesn't want to do the orchard boss anymore and didn't know you can turn maps into chisels by using the according recipe.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Chris wrote:
I'll look into getting it so that if you bounce (due to a full inventory) an allocated item then it stays allocated.

The QA guys are investigating the other reports in this thread but as far as I can see it's working correctly.

Prepare for the flood of loot ninja tears the likes of which has not been seen since PA was implemented in the game.
"
Fatalflaw wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Prepare for the flood of loot ninja tears the likes of which has not been seen since PA was implemented in the game.

prepare for less competitional play and even more hand holding and babycare for players who can't manage their inventory.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Why is this still not fixed? I get my allocated loot stolen on a regular basis (every few maps).
I guess this won't get fixed until it happens to a famous streamer ...
It won't happen to a famous streamer because anyone with half a brain opens their inventory to make sure they have space for something valuable before trying to pick it up.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I am talking about what is described in the OP:
You see an item drop (i.e. orb), it is not greyed out (=> allocated to you) but someone else picks it up.
I have seen it happen quiet a lot (in the past) to wisdom scrolls that drop from breakable objects or chests.
They drop, they are immediately available for me to pick up but yet someone else also picks them up... And the loot is PA for everything else.

I have never seen it happen to any other item though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info