Loot stolen on permanent allocation?

"
hatchling wrote:
From my experience drops from destructible object are assigned as Short Allocation even if the map is Permanent Allocation.

Fix this please :)

This too, but from killed monsters some times alocated items can be picked to anyone, i rechecked.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
if items from destructible objects would get ffa after some time, alot more players would have noticed it already. so it's unlikely.

just one try explain the above problem:
sometimes when in a party i noticed more players in the instance then shown in the party overview screen.

this is because under certain circumstances previous party members still have access to your instance but they don't show up in the party screen.
although they're not in the party, loot gets allocated to them.

if they leave the instance, their loot gets free for all which can create the illusion for some people fighting in another corner that some loot dropped for them because they can see it.

so you can never be sure that an item which dropped for you does belong to you because there isn't your name on it, you have to get it asap. that's why allocated loot is pointless and should be removed.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Since there are so many posts I'm sure these two things have been covered but incase not

If perm allocation was set after the map/zone was entered it will not actually work until a new zone is created (GGG needs to make PERM DEFAULT its 99% used now so live with it :)

That or you go too far away from the item, but as you say you could see it on your screen and this happened so I doubt that's the issue. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with if your inventory can hold the item, just a guess...
IGN @TiznaraN
"
TiznaraN wrote:
GGG needs to make PERM DEFAULT its 99% used now so live with it :)

if 99% of users prefer a certain mechanic while several are at choice it's time to rethink it (see avatar of fire, phase run ...).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
15-20 min ago in 70 lvl map with PA (all run was PA for sure, cant take alocated items to other players), after kill rare monster droped 6S magic chest that alocated to me, i clearly see that and when i try to come and take someone take that 6S alocated to me chest right before me.

And its not first time that happened. Maybe bcs i have big ping and old PC, so 0.01 sec server didnt see me and my items not PA time to time, or its bug PA, or something...
I clearly see that 6S chest was for me, i swear. WTF? How someone stole my items? It was before with quality gems too, and orbs.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Sorry for necro, it's a big thread, issues are still present so no point to create a new one.

All thing considered and with a lot of testing, I can say without a doubt that it is a bug so please DON'T BOTHER POSTING THINGS SUCH AS:

- Someone dropping an orb or a rare just to troll.
- Creating the instance on SA then change it to PA so people don't notice.
- Item bouncing due to full inventory.
- People using scripts to mess up loot allocation (scripts can't do that).
- Being too far from loot.
- Dying or leaving instance.

IT'S NONE OF THESE, hence why we think it's a bug. I noticed it happen a lot with scroll of ID. Also please keep in mind that it happen rarely so it might be hard to reproduce, the best way to test is to play a lot in public groups, you will eventually notice it.

"
Chris wrote:
I'll look into getting it so that if you bounce (due to a full inventory) an allocated item then it stays allocated.

The QA guys are investigating the other reports in this thread but as far as I can see it's working correctly.

Any news? it's been 6 months and the bug is still there, same goes for the bouncing issue.

Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Jan 2, 2014, 1:19:12 AM
I just want to point out and say that this happened today to me. I can give you the name of the person who took it as well if you want, directed at any mods on this sight.
Maybe my favorite game ever
Just to say that, as of today 11 March 2014, the bug still exists.

The permanent allocation just doesn't work in Standard League and behaves exactly as the short allocation.

Checked today during a full-party Piety run in Merciless difficulty.

EDIT : I was the creator of the game, so I could set the Permanent allocation myself. I've set it and checked it several times, with no effect whatsoever... :(
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Mar 11, 2014, 4:58:25 PM
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:

The permanent allocation just doesn't work in Standard League and behaves exactly as the short allocation.

EDIT : I was the creator of the game, so I could set the Permanent allocation myself. I've set it and checked it several times, with no effect whatsoever... :(
Did you create the instance before or after you set it? Since you can't set it until you have a party, most people start playing (default SA) before somebody joins and they can set it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:

Did you create the instance before or after you set it? Since you can't set it until you have a party, most people start playing (default SA) before somebody joins and they can set it.
It was a game that I had created for single-player clearing Lunaris temple. Then, by reaching lvl 3 Lunaris, I opened the game for everyone to join, and before the 1st people joined, I set the allocation to Permanent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info