Diablo 3 Vs. POE

Diablo 3 is far from polished, but when it is, it will be great - don't know if the best or not, but it will be a gem.

I have not yet tried PoE. Not sure if buying a beta key on this point would be worth it considering OB is only 12 days away? I'm still undecided. I've heard great things about this game, and as I forum surf I'm only more and more enticed to play.
D3 Is evolving just like the older Diablos. Atm the game is pretty boring etc. But maybe PoE is there to conquer the throne! We'll see how it works out :)
I had it the other way around, I tried POE first (loved it, still do).
I got bored of waiting, testing builds, trying out HC, PVP and experementing with gem combos.
So I bought TL2 from steam it was 75% off, so who wouldn't, loved it as well, combat system feels smoother compared to POE, then I tried D3 starter, gotta admit it was boring at first, the area was too massive and felt like ages to get through, after a few more hours of gamplay I ended up liking it. I'm gonna buy it this week to keep me busy untill POE comes out.
I played diablo 3 but its was boring so i deleted my acc and started play as rogue on my neighborhood
D3 isn't a bad game, afterall, it held my attention for half a year. That said, much of the remaining few months were a drag because I really wanted to like it for the Diablo franchise. Truth is, it's a not a Diablo game, it has none of the mood or atmosphere, the characters are frivolous. The combat was decent, but had no depth in character builds.

PoE is promising, but needs more polish in terms of user interface and combat. More music would be good. Now, if they could work in abit more storyline...I'm not saying Baldur's Gate or Planescape: Torment level, but of course those are the benchmarks.
I'd have to say Path of Exile beats D3 by a long shot. Come on Blizzard. Real Money Auction House? Please... And even the regular AH aswell. I'd rather have a lobby system so I'd be able to interact with people. So far I'm really impressed with how Grinding Gear Games are handling this. :-)
Last edited by Mythiuz on Jan 15, 2013, 7:24:16 PM
"
Mythiuz wrote:
I'd have to say Path of Exile beats D3 by a long shot. Come on Blizzard. Real Money Auction House? Please... And even the regular AH aswell. I'd rather have a lobby system so I'd be able to interact with people. So far I'm really impressed with how Grinding Gear Games are handling this. :-)

Actually GGG will create a system, where you can do your trading from the homepage in your browser.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
I think it's early to compare because PoE is new and fresh and of course what is new is more fun that what's old and already boring...

On the side note, PoE has better terms of agreement unlike D3.
I invested lots of time to My D3 account just to get it banned by Blizzard.
All they said was I used a third party software and moved with a permanent ban.
I never used any exploits and to this day I am puzzled what third party software do they have in mind.
Regardless, that made me lose all the respect I had for Blizzard, so to me any game is better than what Blizzard now makes.
Last edited by Grimrav3n on Feb 19, 2013, 11:28:52 AM
What i like about POE is that theres is hundred of different builds...

in diablo 3 theres only one build that is going for 5 suffixes the attribute that suits your character damage, avg damage, attackspeed, cc, cd. so when it comes to pvp you cant be uniq to other players every play wears the same have the same skills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info